Who do you think will win (take the Iron Throne)?

I didn't say you couldn't. In fact I actually gave a reason why it could be the case, as she says that he's been sitting in the same spot the entire time. But you're free to ignore it and just say that you want to think a certain way without discussing it. The point of discussion is the fun of analysis, not about protecting one's views.

I didn't want to discuss anything. I think Bran is the real villain for reasons I gave. I'm not interested in analyzing the 3ER's life expectancy.

I didn't want to discuss anything. I think Bran is the real villain for reasons I gave. I'm not interested in analyzing the 3ER's life expectancy.

No one is forcing you. Replying and making input in the discussion is 100% voluntary.

I think Bran made it very clear why the Night King wanted him dead, he is the memory of humanity, the vessel of all the stories that make humans what we are.

And he would achieve what by killing him? Because although Bran could see everything, he wouldn't "erase" the memory of humanity by killing Bran. And it's not like Bran was a threat with that power. According to what we saw in the show, Bran could see things, but couldn't interfere in anything. He could just watch. The only information he gave was that Jon was Rhaegar's son. But that information served what purpose? Piss off Daenerys?

And what was Night King and the White Walkers motivations anyway? To kill human kind? Why? Because the destruction they cause? I'm sorry, this is not enough for me.

I did (actually I still do) expect the books to explore more about the white walkers motivations. Not because I care about that story arc, honestly it's my least favorite, but the story spent so much time talking about this that I want something more... substantial from it.

They are dead who walk.

Whights are "dead who walk".

White Walkers are not zombies. They're a magic inhuman race with motivations.

Whights:

main-qimg-124232e61abd5a14d9a112dd24f3c6f9

latest

White Walkers:

_7f0a0586-8333-11e7-b63c-9d281adafd5e.jpg

latest

Huge difference.

And he would achieve what by killing him? Because although Bran could see everything, he wouldn't "erase" the memory of humanity by killing Bran. And it's not like Bran was a threat with that power. According to what we saw in the show, Bran could see things, but couldn't interfere in anything. He could just watch. The only information he gave was that Jon was Rhaegar's son. But that information served what purpose? Piss off Daenerys?

And what was Night King and the White Walkers motivations anyway? To kill human kind? Why? Because the destruction they cause? I'm sorry, this is not enough for me.

I did (actually I still do) expect the books to explore more about the white walkers motivations. Not because I care about that story arc, honestly it's my least favorite, but the story spent so much time talking about this that I want something more... substantial from it.
The Three-Eyed Raven was established as the nemesis, the anti-thesis to the Night King. One was the embodiment of life, the other of death. It's that simple. Fans developed endless complicated motivations for the White Walkers, but the show never claimed there was any more to them than what we were shown. Sure, there may be some deeper story in the books, but I'd bet Martin himself doesn't even know the details of that, so I can't blame the writers for not wanting to make it up themselves.

As for Bran, I can definitely agree we should have seen more practical use of his powers. That was another victim of the cut run time.

The Three-Eyed Raven was established as the nemesis, the anti-thesis to the Night King. One was the embodiment of life, the other of death. It's that simple.

I hate everything about this. And the reason is that both ASOIAF and GOT were never that "ist that simple" type of story. GoT was always a very, very well crafted and complex story. If we were talking about a CW YA TV show, I'd be fine with that. But it's really hard for me to buy an "it's that simple" answer when I've been watching such a complex story.

But to each their own, I guess.

I hate everything about this. And the reason is that both ASOIAF and GOT were never that "ist that simple" type of story. GoT was always a very, very well crafted and complex story. If we were talking about a CW YA TV show, I'd be fine with that. But it's really hard for me to buy an "it's that simple" answer when I've been watching such a complex story.

But to each their own, I guess.

I agree. The White Walkers aren't simple. They accepted offerings from Craster and left him alone. That implies they had a deeper intellect than just zombie-eats-brains.

Reactions: Lip
I agree. The White Walkers aren't simple. They accepted offerings from Craster and left him alone. That implies they had a deeper intellect than just zombie-eats-brains.
I can agree with this. I still do not think this makes it necessary for the Walkers to have to have a deep seated-motivation to be effective. Personally, the idea of a force or power out there that one cannot reason with is often more frightening than one that explains itself.

But I can see how that would not work for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"