Who Framed Roger Rabbit

This movie was selected for preservation in the library of congress last year. That's basically the highest honor you can bestow upon a movie.

It is, but sometimes it I feel like not enough people are talking about it.

Roger Rabbit was one of those movies I watched so many times as a kid, I know it almost by heart. I catch it every once and while on television and I end up watching most if not all of it. Think it time for a proper sit down with it though.

Sadly I think kids may watch it for the coolness factor, but probably don't recognize any of the characters outside a few Disney ones.

I still remember seeing this in theaters and the excitement about this film was real. I was about 5 years old when it came out.

The book was better. I know that might sound like a funny thing to say about a movie like this, but it's true. The movie is based on Who Censored Roger Rabbit? by Gary Wolf. After I read it, I found out that it was being made into a movie, and I was really excited, because the book was one of the best murder mysteries I'd ever read. And hilarious, too.

But the movie changed everything drastically. It wasn't an adaptation of the book. It was a totally different story. In the movie, Roger Rabbit is a sweet little bunny. No such thing in the novel. The movie was OK for children. The book isn't. The book was wicked, and not at all a kid's book.

I still enjoyed the movie, though. It was fun.

Looks like it is coming to Netflix this month. It's a classic and still holds up in my book.

You ever read the graphic novel, Resurrection of Doom?

No, didn't even know it existed. Not sure if reading a book would have the same impact as a movie.

Sadly I think kids may watch it for the coolness factor, but probably don't recognize any of the characters outside a few Disney ones.

I think they'd recognized the Looney Tunes.

"Is that the rabbit and duck who payed with Jordan?"

The book was better. I know that might sound like a funny thing to say about a movie like this, but it's true. The movie is based on Who Censored Roger Rabbit? by Gary Wolf. After I read it, I found out that it was being made into a movie, and I was really excited, because the book was one of the best murder mysteries I'd ever read. And hilarious, too.

But the movie changed everything drastically. It wasn't an adaptation of the book. It was a totally different story. In the movie, Roger Rabbit is a sweet little bunny. No such thing in the novel. The movie was OK for children. The book isn't. The book was wicked, and not at all a kid's book.

I still enjoyed the movie, though. It was fun.

It's sorta interesting when the film adaptation overtakes the public lexicon rather than the book. The same thing happened with Jaws - I don't know a soul who has actually read the source material (which was way different).

And funny enough, both were from Spielberg (with Zemeckis direction Roger).

It's sorta interesting when the film adaptation overtakes the public lexicon rather than the book. The same thing happened with Jaws - I don't know a soul who has actually read the source material (which was way different).

I don't know anyone who read Jaws either, but I do know that it had been a bestseller before the movie came out. It was on the bestseller list for a long time. And the people I know who saw the movie STILL didn't know that it had been a book.

Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"