Who is best suited to play the title role in the film version of"Black Panther"?

What does that matter? They can teach an actor how to fight for the camera, and/or use stunt double for the action scenes.

Ejiofor is a good actor, I'm not hating on him, but Djimon Hounsou is a better actor and a better fit for T'Challa, IMHO. Chiwetel simply doesn't have the screen presence Djimon does, and that element is something BP should have.

I also agree that snipes could play T'Chaka in a flash back roll, but my pick woul be Derek Luke or maybe Taye Diggs(a very big maybe)

What does that matter? They can teach an actor how to fight for the camera, and/or use stunt double for the action scenes.

Ejiofor is a good actor, I'm not hating on him, but Djimon Hounsou is a better actor and a better fit for T'Challa, IMHO. Chiwetel simply doesn't have the screen presence Djimon does, and that element is something BP should have.

I disagree that Chiwetel doesn't have any screen presence. Watch again Serenity and Children of Men. Djimon has a beastly warrior aura, while Chiwetel has that smart aleck demeanor. Why people are picking Chiwetel out of the sudden? Because BP is both a smart aleck and a warrior guy.

According to IMDB, Chiwetel schedule is packed and Djimon is not. I guess we can go for the less busy guy. :rolleyes:

Are there any Mexican superheroes?

DC Comics

* Acrata (Andrea Rojas from Mexico)
* Aztek
* Aztek
* El Bagual (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* Bane
* El Bastarde / The Bastard
* Bat Hombre
* Big Words (Newsboy Legion)
* Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
* Bushmaster (Global Guardians)
* Cachiru (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* Carcharo / Shark (Mexican, Helix)
* Cimarron (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* El Castigo (Don Fernando Suarez was a western hero known as The Whip)
* El Castigo (Rodrigo Elwood Gaynor was the WWII Mexican-American hero known as The Whip)
* Crackerjack (from Thriller)
* Chronos (a.k.a. Walker, Anachronos, half Mexican, half Chinese)
* El Diablo (Rafael Sandoval, protects the town of Dos Rios, Texas, Mexican-American)
* Don Caballero / Sir Gentleman or Sir Knight (A Zorro knockoff who operated in 1800s California, from All-Star Western #58)
* El Dorado (Mexican)
* El Espada (The Sword)
* Extraño (former member of the New Guardians)
* Fire (Brazilian)
* Firebrand (Alex Sanchez)
* El Fuego / The Fire
* Gangbuster (Jose Delgado, cyborg ally of Superman)
* Gaucho (from the Global Guardians)
* Hardline (Puerto Rican, brother of Vibe, member of the Conglomerate)
* Hawkgirl (Hispanic Mother)
* Hero Cruz
* Ion (Kyle Rayner, formally Green Lantern)
* Iman (Diego Irigoyen, Mexican hero in high tech suit of armor)
* El Jefe del Pais / Boss of the Country
* Jolt (Carlotta Rivera, electrically powered member of Snapper Carr's Blasters)[1]
* El Lobizon (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* Más y Menos
* Menagerie (former member of the Elite)
* Menagerie
* El Muerto (Pablo Valdez, undead Mexican hero who protects Mexico City alongside Iman and Acrata)
* Pampero (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* El Papagayo / The Parrot (19th C superhero)
* Pedro (member of the Ghost Patrol)
* La Salamanca (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* Tarantula
* Touch-n-Go (Amelinda Lopez was a member of the Hybrid)
* Troubador (Green Arrows of the World)
* Flecha Verde (Green Arrows of the World)
* Vibe
* Vizacacha (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* Vulcan (Miguel Devante)
* Xiuhtecutli (member of the Cadre of the Immortal)
* Yaguarette (from Argentina's Super Malon)
* Wildcat (a.k.a. Yolanda Montez, La Garra)

[edit] Homage Comics

* Bravo (Astro City Irregulars)
* El Hombre (Astro City)
* El Robo (Astro City Irregulars)
* Los Hermanos

[edit] Impact Comics

* The Jaguar (Maria de Guzman)

[edit] Milestone Comics

* Aqua-Marie of Blood Syndicate (Ecuadorian)
* BrickHouse of Blood Syndicate (Puerto Rican)
* Dogg
* Dusk (Half-Greek, half Hispanic)
* Fade (Dominican, Carlos Quinones Jr, member of the Blood Syndicate)
* Flashback (Dominican, Sara Quinones, member of the Blood Syndicate)
* Kobalt (Cuban)
* Manuel Dexterity
* Manuella Dexterity
* Mistress Mercy (Puerto Rican)
* Oro of Shadow Cabinet/ System
* Tech-9 (Puerto Rican, Rolando Texador former leader of the Blood Syndicate)
* Templo of Blood Syndicate/System (El Salvadorian)

[edit] Wildstorm

* Bloodmoon (formerly of Team 7)
* Dozer of Wetworks, formerly of Team 7
* Joe the Indian (Half-Mexican, Half Navajo, Crimson)
* Powerhaus (Half German, Half Argentinian, DV8)

Marvel Comics

* Agony
* El Aguila, the Sword of Justice (Paco Montoya, imaginary country of Boca de Dios)
* El Aguila / The Eagle (Alejandro Montoya, a mutant and a descendant of the original El Aguila)
* Angel Salvadore (Xavier Institute)
* Arachne (Death-Web)
* Araña / Anya Sofia Corazon (of Mexican and Puerto Rican descent)
* Argo the Almighty (son of Hercules from the MC2 line)
* Armadillo, former Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation member
* La Bandera / Flag (Cuban, she was one of several South American heroes slain by Zeitgeist)[2]
* Battling Battam (Puerto Rican)
* Capitan Forsa (one of several South American heroes slain by Zeitgeist)[3]
* Cheetah (Mexican)
* El Condor (one of several South American heroes slain by Zeitgeist)[4]
* Crazy Legs (A member of G.I. Joe)
* Crusher (Cuban)
* Crusher (Cuban)
* Darwin (half Black, half Latino, X-men)
* Defensor / Defender (Gabriel Carlos Dantes Sepulveda, former hero of Argentina, slain by Zeitgeist)
* Lasher
* Luz Delgado (H.E.A.R.T.)
* Doghead (Spirit of Vengeance, ally of Ghost Rider)
* Echo (a.k.a. Crazy Horse, Ronin)
* Empath, former Hellion
* Fabian Cortez, now with Genosha's government, formerly of the Acolytes, the Upstarts, the Genoshan Rebels
* Feral (X-Force)
* Firebird (a.k.a. La Espirita / Spirit, Bonita Juarez, of the Rangers and the Avengers)
* Fleischmann (Colombian)
* Gideon of the Externals
* Helix (New Warriors)
* HighNote of the Young Gods (Part Colombian, part Indian)
* Hit-Maker (half Black, half Mexican)
* Huntara of Fantastic Force
* Jaguar
* Kukulcan /El Tigre / The Tiger
* Living Lightning
* Machete of Batroc's Brigade
* Magma (Brazilian, New Mutants)
* Makina (Metahumes)
* El Muerto (superpowered luchador from Spider-man).
* Nocturne (part Cuban)
* Noise (Mexican)
* Ojo Macabra (one of several South American heroes slain by Zeitgeist)[5]
* Paco (Recession Raiders)
* Pathfinder (Berserkers)
* Poison (Cuban)
* Quentino (member of Silver Sable's Wild Pack)
* Ranger (Harriers)
* Raphael Suarez (ally of the Fantastic Four)
* Rapidfire
* Rapido / Fast with the Mob, Hunted by Punisher
* Cecilia Reyes (A Puerto Rican-American doctor, former member of the X-Men)
* Rictor (X-Factor) (Mexican)
* Rigger Ruiz (Code: Blue)
* Ripper (Foundation: Generation One)
* Riptide / Janos Quested (Mexican)
* Risque Half Cuban
* Roc of the Magnificent Seven
* Sangre / Blood
* Satana of the Supernaturals
* Senor Muerte / Suerte Mister Death/Luck
* Senor Muerte, Brother of #1
* Senor Suerte Brother of #1
* Silverclaw / La Garra Argentado (Avengers)
* Sister Salvation, mutant healer and nun, Wolverine ally
* Skin (Generation X) (Mexican-American)
* Stealth (of Argentine and Irish descent)
* Sunspot (X-men) (Brazilian)
* Tag (former member of the Hellions)
* Tarantula of Roxxon Oil Corp
* Tarantula
* Tarantula (Maria Vasquez, Heroes For Hire)
* Tequila of the Magnifient Seven
* Thornn of the Morlocks
* Tito Bohusk Mutant son of Barnell Bohusk Beak and Angel Salvadore
* Tores (ally of Skin)
* Toro (Young Allies)
* Toro / Bull of the People's Defense Force (Cuban)
* El Toro Negro / The Black Bull (Great Game)
* Toro Rojo / Red Bull (Deviant) of the Delta Network)
* Truthsayer (Blood)
* Uplink (Chain Gang)
* V-2
* Vengeance (Spirit of Vengeance, ally of Ghost Rider)
* Victor Mancha (Runaways, Mexican-American)
* Void / Darkling
* White Tiger (Hector Ayala)
* White Tiger (Angela Del Toro, the niece of the first White Tiger)
* Wind Dancer (Sofia Mantega) Former New-Mutant (depowered)
* Windeagle (Dragon's Circle, racist with a glider)
* Wolf (Thunderiders, Mexican)
* Zona Rosa (one of several South American heroes slain by Zeitgeist

I disagree that Chiwetel doesn't have any screen presence. Watch again Serenity and Children of Men. Djimon has a beastly warrior aura, while Chiwetel has that smart aleck demeanor. Why people are picking Chiwetel out of the sudden? Because BP is both a smart aleck and a warrior guy.

According to IMDB, Chiwetel schedule is packed and Djimon is not. I guess we can go for the less busy guy. :rolleyes:

I never said Chiwetel didn't have screen presence at all, he simply doesn't have the commanding aire of Hounsou. BP needs that regal aire; he is a king, after all. I never seen Ejiofor pull that off, he thrives as more of an everyman, IMHO.

IMHO, T'Challa is no "smart aleck." He's a taciturn, at times cold, man of efficiency and strategem. A chess player of humans, a guy who thinks four steps ahead of everyone. Perhaps that's why we disagree. That you would think humor is needed for a BP sounds more like the swashbuckling adventurer King Kirby-era BP. I'd prefer the badass, stately Chris Priest-era Black Panther, and that's what I feel like Djimon could deliver.

I never said Chiwetel didn't have screen presence at all, he simply doesn't have the commanding aire of Hounsou. BP needs that regal aire; he is a king, after all. I never seen Ejiofor pull that off, he thrives as more of an everyman, IMHO.

On what film does Hounsou pull a regal aura?

Amistad - Slave
Island - Accented assassin
Blood Diamond - Screaming family man

Maybe I miss a film?

IMHO, T'Challa is no "smart aleck." He's a taciturn, at times cold, man of efficiency and strategem. A chess player of humans, a guy who thinks four steps ahead of everyone.

I have an answer for you: Watch Serenity.

Perhaps that's why we disagree. That you would think humor is needed for a BP sounds more like the swashbuckling adventurer King Kirby-era BP. I'd prefer the badass, stately Chris Priest-era Black Panther, and that's what I feel like Djimon could deliver.

Never think BP as a comedic swashbuckler. He's a smart king-warrior that uses brain first before brawn. He's more of an everyman than you think since he often left the kingdom to his courts.

Bishop, Storm, the Falcon, Pulsar, Luke Cage, Cloak of Cloak & Dagger, Deathlok, Night Thrasher, etc. if you couldn't find a black superhero to look up to until your teens then you really weren't looking hard enough. there's actually quite a few.

Yea:woot: BIG Falcon and Night Thrasher fan right here:cwink:

I honestly think BP would be an awesome character epic with the A-list talent really latching onto the whole mythos the way talent has hit it for Iron Man...

I think, as much as I love Ejofor, I think Djimon Hounsou can carry the regality better. I think he can take us to the top easier for the come down to be hard.

I think Snipes as a T'Chaka slated to die early on, or an ancestral BP with the Morgan Freeman advisor/voice over would be perfect. Add to that a Gabrielle Union as your Monica Lynne, our gateway into the Pantherverse as well as, heck, Chietwel Enjofor as Killmonger or an updated M'batu and square it all off with someone really slick, like Pierce Brosnan as Ulysses Klaw... portrayed almost in the Bond-villain style with a sonic weapon/armory...

Give us some deep African fighting style, cool spearmoves and some sick stealth action and we've got something magical. American student returns to take his throne from an unhappy brother, who is selling the country out to a rich, slick prospector.

Make deliberate transformation from, say, Snipes in the classic cloth to Djimon in the gleaming black metallic, gold- lined costume. Make Wakanda grand, and hidden, with those juicy setpieces.

Some of the stealth moves could be incredible...

I honestly think BP would be an awesome character epic ...

Me thinks you have too many good ides for it to work.:up:
Regality is usually something that is poked fun at in Hollywood-

It's a modern and culturally diverse world right? A world where people of different races live together and share history and land right? How about Val Kilmer or Tom Cruise or Eric Bana for the lead of T'challa , The Black Panther ? Huh ? Huh ? Like Tarzan , the lone white guardian (whose family has been linked to the land for generations) who gains respect and acceptance as he bravely protects the land , and his people. Criticize away people..........fair is fair

I'll just assume that's sarcasm.

Yeah. Just some left over resentment from the Sam Jackson as Nick Fury thread. I don't like to see change in things like that. But , if they had to go the so called 'ultimate' route, they should have gone with someone like Keith David. Now in all seriousness , Wesley Snipes IS the Black Panther . Just keep Guillermo del Toro far far away from the directing chair. Snipes' brooding loner portayal in the first Blade movie was the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"