Who is best suited to play the title role in the film version of"Black Panther"?

Among others, we've heard Jamie Foxx, Djimon Hounsou (my fav), and Laurence Fishburne. (Surprisingly, each of these guys is 3 years apart in age, fishburne being the oldest).

As much as I love hounsou, I think a strong BP movie would focus on T'Challa just becoming king of Wakanda, in which case they would need an actor in their 20's or 30's.

I think all 3 can play a wide range of ages in the parts they play.

I don't perscribe ot the idea that we specifically NEED an actor in there 20's etc to play T'Challa I just think we need a good actor.

Fishburn I am not 100% sold on though. Not the worst choice if it was announced tommorrow but not my first choice, y'know what I mean?

How about that. Djimon Hounsou and Derek Luke have the same birthday today.

Idris Elba

That's my choice you'll know him from...

The Wire as Stringer Bell.

Tyler perry's Daddy's little girl

The reaping with Hillary Swank

28 Weeks Later

Snipes could be T'Chaka if he's 'too old' either way he's been a major cheerleader for this movie to get made and his presence whether it's a cameo or a flashback as Poppa Panther, he would make a fine BP regardless of age. Mind you the title of Black Panther is a responsibility handed from father to son, son Snipes could still be BP just not the current one.

Hell a great cameo for him would be if the movie began with a prolouge of Wakanda 500 - 1000 yrs ago (With Morgan Freeman's narrative of course, telling the audience the history of the Black Panther.) in a seemingly humble african village showing it being invaded by another tribe, then you see a primal warrior clothed in the hide of a panther, covered in black chalk war paint (It's Wesley F--kin Snipes!!) standing his ground then cut to him whooping the living snot out of the interlopers, fade to him surrounded by lifeless bodies and the camera follows him as he walks over a hill introducing us to the wonderous city below. Tribal music plays (Theme music/score) the Marvel Logo rolls on screen! and bam!!! the story starts.

Too easy Snipes could be in this movie any number of ways. At least as a homage or nod to the guy for being effin' Wesley Snipes.

I little recap of my idea since no one took the time to read it.

.... effin' Wesley Snipes.

[/quote]

"effin' Wesley Snipes"...this idea sounds lame my friend. morgan freeman is cool but BP'S entrance to film has got to be narrated by someone way more badass than freeman....to be the diplomat and warrior king for the world's most advanced nation bp would use his mind before his fist..and for a village to be invaded by a neighboring tribe sounds dated to me..it's not the 1950's....

sorry but wesley snipes isn't the only dude that can pull off a role...i don't wanna see snipes as BP...like out of all the black actors out there, wesley is the only one that can play this part? please....give someone else a chance, and frankly Snipes was good in Blade, but Djimon Hounsou is the man for the part. hands down he was born for it....

THIS SHOULD END THE DISCUSSION: DJIMON HOUNSOU SHOULD PLAY T'CHALLA...NOT SNIPES, JAMIE FOXX OR "EFFIN" MARTIN LAWRENCE...

Still....
The idea of Snipes narrating the opening, introducing Wakanda, would work for me. He shouldn't play T'Challa, but he's probably gonna be involved with the production. And he does have a pretty cool voice. I wouldn't mind.

.... effin' Wesley Snipes.

"effin' Wesley Snipes"...this idea sounds lame my friend. morgan freeman is cool but BP'S entrance to film has got to be narrated by someone way more badass than freeman....to be the diplomat and warrior king for the world's most advanced nation bp would use his mind before his fist..and for a village to be invaded by a neighboring tribe sounds dated to me..it's not the 1950's....

sorry but wesley snipes isn't the only dude that can pull off a role...i don't wanna see snipes as BP...like out of all the black actors out there, wesley is the only one that can play this part? please....give someone else a chance, and frankly Snipes was good in Blade, but Djimon Hounsou is the man for the part. hands down he was born for it....

THIS SHOULD END THE DISCUSSION: DJIMON HOUNSOU SHOULD PLAY T'CHALLA...NOT SNIPES, JAMIE FOXX OR "EFFIN" MARTIN LAWRENCE...[/quote]

Are you illiterate? I'm not saying Wesley Snipes would play the current BlackPanther T'Challa, my idea is simply a way for Snipes to participate in the movie, it's purely a cameo. Like I've said before he would only play the BP from 1000yrs prior, prior, Pri-Ooor as in previous, forebarer.

The title of BlackPanther is heretitary position handed from father to son and so on and so on...

Morgan Freeman not being 'badass' isn't the point, Morgan Freeman brings class and gravitas and sense of history, he's a voice of wisdom and antiquity. Who would you choose to narrate a BP movie? Eddie Murphy? and yeah James Earl Jones is great and all, but really it's played out.

Now as far as BlackPanther using his mind instead of his fists sure your right for the most part, but it's a intro I'm setting up and it's 1000yrs in the past, not 2007. Tribal warfare a thousand year ago is really gonna come down to spears and shields not 'advanced technology' it's a way of showing how 'badass' BP was even in that time period.

Oh and Djimon is my first pick also so CAPPING SNIPES,JAMIE SUX! wasn't needed. How about reading my initial posts first buddy.

Idris Elba

That's my choice you'll know him from...

The Wire as Stringer Bell.

Tyler perry's Daddy's little girl

The reaping with Hillary Swank

28 Weeks Later

Great choice.

Probably the only guy other than Hounsou worthy of the role.

He doesn't look 40 so it doesn't matter.

He doesn't look 20 either, so it does. You have to change the comics storyline, just like Batman Begins did for Honshou to do Black Panther's origin...

Chiwetel Ejiofor is the right candidate for BP he s a martial art expert he s intelligent and he has class. Enough said.

Does no one care about the origin effect? Are we to assume that BP ascends to the throne in his 30s?

Does no one care about the origin effect? Are we to assume that BP ascends to the throne in his 30s?

Does BP have to be an origin story? I say do it like Blade, just jump right in, with maybe a flashback or a few statements as to his past.

It's either Djimon or Chiwetel.

And I bet Chiwetel (the dude is Jiujitsu practician) could kick Djimon's ass in a staged fight.

honsou most likely, he looks like the type that halle berry would marry.

Everyone knows this is the role Brad Pitt was born to play. He's already got experience dealing in Africans. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"