DC TV Series Who is your favourite TV Superman?

SupermanFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Whose your favourite TV version of Superman and why?

Ps. I didn’t include Routh because his appearances weren’t massive and only for Crisis.

Dean Cain because Welling was never Superman and two of the others were only Superboy. Now if the option was there I would've went with the voices from S:TAS and JL. Tyler can become #1 but how he is written on Supergirl hasn't done him any favors in my eye although I am hopeful the new series might be good. Now if you can edit the poll and add Routh that would be number 1 for me just off of the Crisis alone.

Dean Cain because Welling was never Superman and two of the others were only Superboy. Now if the option was there I would've went with the voices from S:TAS and JL. Tyler can become #1 but how he is written on Supergirl hasn't done him any favors in my eye although I am hopeful the new series might be good. Now if you can edit the poll and add Routh that would be number 1 for me just off of the Crisis alone.

I know Newton & Christopher were Superboy’s but they still did the dual identity thing. The big difference between Superboy and Superman really is where’s he’s located so I felt they warranted their position here.

Tom Welling did play Superman, whether in a CG suit or not he still did. I’d also add Smallville showed that Supermwn is still Superman even without the suit. Plus later seasons he was practidlaly playing Superman and doing the dual identity thing.

I didn’t add Routh cause I view him more as cinematic Superman that came back on TV. If he appears again on TV then I will certainly re-do the poll with him but right now I think he’d be more warranted on a movie poll.

Dean Cain was good as Clark Kent but he never felt like Superman when he wore the costume.

Tom Welling was mostly Clark but I don't consider him to be Superman as he never wore the costume or called himself "Superman" and the CGI costume looked awful.

Tyler Hoechlin is a decent Clark but I'm kinda tired that this Superman isn't authoritative and he comes across as inexperience whenever we see alongside Supergirl.

If you did a poll for best Clark Kent then this would be easier for me as most of the TV Supermen are underwhelming for me.

1.) Tom Welling. I agree with the above statement, he is still Superman even without wearing the suit.

2.) Dean Cain. I never finished watching Lois & Clark, but I think he was a decent Superman/Clark.

3.) Tyler Hoechlin. Good Clark. Good Superman.... but his character is written pretty bad sometimes. Not really his fault, I think he had potential to be great. Even though I think he doesn't really have the traditional Superman look.

Tyler Hoechlin since he's fully formed Superman in tights and flights.

Hoechlin. He's got a mix of my favorite aspects of Dean Cain, George Reeves, Chris Reeve, the animated series and the comics version. His Clark's not a caricature (my main issue with the Reeve version) - he's got that regular joe aspect who's a bit of a dork for real, but also still confident, still a bit alpha, still a respected reporter, and his Superman's got warmth, humility and easy-going confidence, never comes across like he's posing or trying to project authority (my main issue with Cain's Supes side), comes across as a natural mentor whenever he's handing out advice to other heroes, while his inner dork still shines through on the regular. It's a damn near perfect mix to me.

Reeves, because his Superman was the iconic one until Reeve came along. Hoechlin is pretty good overall but his performance doesn’t exactly blow me away. I watched Welling for a few years, and he had some good moments, but his whole “I can’t put on the Superman suit because it will ruin my career” stance was always so annoying. And it’s not like he’s that good of an actor anyway. Cain was awful, and so was that show. The only reason I hung in there with for a little while was because Teri Hatcher was hot. But even that wasn’t enough to keep me watching. I barely remember the Superboy actors.

I fully expected to vote Welling, but the point of the show was Clark growing into the Superman role, which was demonstrated in the series finale as we reflect on Clark’s “trials”. And doggone it, when I first saw Hoechlin in photos I thought he was going to be terrible, but the guy has floored me with how well he embodies both Clark and Superman. I’d actually put him near the top of live action in general and I think him getting his own show (along with Lois and Jonathan) is one of my most highly anticipated live action superhero portrayals in general. I have less concerns about that show than I do about The Batman, Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow, or any of the Marvel properties.

Probably Hoechlin, but I haven’t seen L&C in years, so it could easily end up being Cain.

I'd have to go with Dean Cain. He was the only Superman on-screen when I was but a child growing up.

I'd have to go with Dean Cain. He was the only Superman on-screen when I was but a child growing up.
So you were a child from 1993-1997 but not 1988-1992 (Superboy) or after 2001 (Smallville)?

So you were a child from 1993-1997 but not 1988-1992 (Superboy) or after 2001 (Smallville)?
I was too young to remember Superboy, but I do love and remember the theme song, and I remember an episode with Bizarro. And yes, I was a school boy when L&C aired in my country. Smallville was during my late teen/early adulthood years. I do watch it from now and then.

I was very young when Lois & Clark came out and I remember having a crush on Teri Hatcher and hating Dean Cain. It wasn't until he started hosting Ripley's Believe it or Not that I gained some respect.
Smallville had an awesome portrayal so going with Tom Welling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"