Who REALY created Batman?

The Batman said:
The Batman as we know it, was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. Simple as that.

I have mini " The Bat-Man" comic that came with BB Deluxe Edition Written by Bill Finger and that's the first I seen a credit given to Finger and I would have love see WB & DC do it more.

Don't all the original comics say WRITTEN by Bill Finger...?

I mean, nobody ever claimed Kane was a writer.....did they?

Well it should be "BATMAN created by Bob Kane & Bill Finger" like Superman has.

Yeah, obviously.......but it's crazy to say that Finger didn't ATLEAST get credited for writing the stories.....I mean, then it'd be a giant ass conspiracy.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Don't all the original comics say WRITTEN by Bill Finger...?

I mean, nobody ever claimed Kane was a writer.....did they?

No - Finger didn't get credit for even writing the stories until the '70s.

Now, we can't blame Kane for that.

I mean, DC just shafted his ass harder than Eve Lawrence.

The point of the thread was to raise awareness to this particular artists claim. I had never heard of Frank D. Foster II until a few days ago, and I wanted to know if anybody else had heard of this claim. I didn’t start the thread to imply it WAS completely true. But I DID think the site was an interesting read.

^^^it is interesting. and the original drawings are cool, too. if it's true (which i'm not doubting he came up with his version of the batman, but we can't be sure if kane and finger ripped him off), i feel bad for the guy and his family.

ALL the Batman stories dated between 1937 and the mid 1960’s were simply signed "By Bob Kane". For many people this meant Bob Kane did everything. It was only until artists & writers began coming out of the woodwork discussing there contributions to Batman, that the truth began to emerge. It was only until 1967/8 that anyone other then Bob Kane was given a credit for writing/ drawing a Batman story. This means that Bob Kane signed his name to other peoples work for approximately 30 years. Bill Finger was never credited for his work on Batman. Please feel free to read my earlier thread on the life of ‘Honest’ Bob.

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238074

Heres the cover to an issue from October 1963. Notice it’s still credited to Bob Kane

DEC320-2-F.jpg

and heres an issue from 1966 credited to: Carmine Infantino & Joe Giella

DEC355-2-F.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"