[raises the Finger]

Spidey-Bat said:
Way to post to a 4-month old thread.
Thank you. It was difficult, but I managed.

Spidey-Bat said:
Take the stick out of your ash about this issue. If you blame Kane and call him a greed bastard, you don't deserve to be a Batman fan.
Oh no. Well, I guess that's that. No more liking Batman for me. Dern.

Spidey-Bat said:
Yes, Finger should be credited but Kane submitted the idea prior to the changes made by Finger, so Kane got the credit.
Thanks for the primer. I was already aware of this.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Btw, nice way to dig up an ancient thread.
Well, another thread linked over to a website that linked back to this thread, and realizing that I already posted at this forum a goodly amount, I figured I'd resurrect 'er. I've been congratulated enough. Really, much as the accolades warm my heart, they're undeserved. I couldn't have done it without the little people.

super85 said:
I heard a rumor that The Kane estate got p*ssed of becouse DC had credited Bill Finger as the writer of the Batman-reprint comic that was in the 2 disc Batman Begins set,and supposedly that's the reason you can't easily find it anymore. Don't know how much of this is true.
That'd be right childish if it was true, wouldn't it?

droogiedroogie2 said:
That'd be right childish if it was true, wouldn't it?

Yes it would,but cases like these stuff like this isn't unheard of. The whole "protecting the name!!!" thing.

super85 said:
Yes it would,but cases like these stuff like this isn't unheard of. The whole "protecting the name!!!" thing.
Guess it just proves that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Raise your Finger one more time!!

*Raises the Finger and holds a Kane*

-- Well, it was lame, but can you blame a guy for trying?

williams_ledgercopy.jpg

Ledger raises the finger. Who's the dwarf?

Ledger raises the finger. Who's the dwarf?

The other girl from Dawsons Creek

...who would also make an excellent Jokers wife as seen in The Killing Joke and Brokeback mountain. They're very similar!

I still credit Kane for continually drawing and defining Batman VISUALLY.

Kane actually had a studio where he paid artists to do his work. He was often given artist credit on stories he had no part in producing.

It's nice that Bob Kane is acknowledged in all comics that Batman appears in. What about Bill Finger? Where's his credit? He did just as much for the character as Kane did and you never see his name in a credits page.
:mad:
Thank you, Mr. Finger, for fleshing out the thoughts, ideas, and dialogue that helped create the single most popular character in fiction ever.

I agree,its similar to how Stan Lee mainly gets credit..but Jack Kirby actually deserves it.What did Bill Finger do for Batman?

Yeah, see that's something to really think about. Superman and Batman were the first superheroes.......nobody ever thought they could make money off these "funny books".
Well that's just not the case, even at the onset, people like Jack Liebowitz thought there was plenty of money to be made... and he did.

Spidey-Bat said:
[Kane] did draw and write most of the comics.
Kane didn't even write his own signature on most of the comics let alone a script... or most of the art work.

Ah classic times.

*Raises the finger*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"