World Who should have been cast in the past?

Rock Hudson - CK/Supes

Yul Brenner - Lex

Elizabeth Taylor - Lois

A teen Kurt Rusell - Jimmy

I know this is for fun and all but it really should be in Super-world or at least Misc Super films since it's not about the current film being made.

3 years ago: After watching the emotional range and physique he displayed in "American Psycho" I would have went with Christian Bale as my top choice. Jim Caviezel may also have been able to pull it off.
5-10 years ago: A younger Hugh Jackman would have been fine for me in this, but if I'm ever going to see him as Superman it'll have to be on the SNL spoof. Now I only associate him with saying "bub" and slicing things, what a pity Singer found him for that and not this.
15 year ago: I would've stuck with Reeve. The only problem is that the rest of the cast weren't wearing their ages very well. Marc McClure was way too old, and I don't even want to go into Margot Kidder territory on this discussion.

As for any of the rest of the pretenders to the throne:
John Haymes Newton-Had the look and the voice, but the emotional range of a brick

Gerard Christopher-not the right speech patterns, which is important as anything in my book (I mean look at how effective Keaton's voice was for Batman, it totally detracted attention from his receding hairline), and not too far above Newton in the acting department.

Dean Cain-Get me a Ralf sack on this one. The acting was just epic from this guy. Plus his face didn't look right and he had the voice timbre of a 12-year old.

If Routh sidesteps these examples we should be in for a treat, or at least a lack of embarrasment. Aside from Reeve the only good Supermen of the last umpteen years are Tim Daly and George Newbern, and they're animated. Sad, dude. Just sad.

10 years ago i would've went with Brendan Fraser
5 years ago Jim Caviezel
3 years ago Matthew Bomer

Around/Before the time the Mummy came out, Brendan Fraser would have been perfect.

Between 5 and 10 years ago, I would have gone with Luke Wilson for Superman!

Superclark69 said:
Between 5 and 10 years ago, I would have gone with Luke Wilson for Superman!
No way! Luke Wilson for Cyclops!

Patrick Warburton had the height, size, looks, voice, a serious but sarcastict personality that George Reeves had. He would have been a great Superman imo. Telie Savallis/Kojak(spelling?)would have made a great Lex Luthor. He had the look, that classic gangster but classy personality, and of course the bald head.

Dolph Lundgren!!!!!!!!!!

dolph294mx.jpg

"I must break you."

In all seriousness, though, Caviezel would've made a great Superman, but now all I can see when I try to visualize it is Supes getting whipped and crucified (like Singer's version didn't already have enough Christ-symbols in it)

Hmmm, ten years ago?

Patrick Warburton as Clark Kent/Superman

Courteney Cox as Lois Lane

Nicholas Cage as Lex Luthor (Come on, just imagine the man bald!)

Neil Patrick Harris as Jimmy Olsen

Ving Rhames as Brainiac

:supes:

50s' Superman:

Superman / Clark Kent - Cary Grant
Cary%20Grant%20-%2001.jpg

Lois Lane - Audrey Hepburn
163386.jpg

Lex Luthor - Peter Lorre
lorre_peter2.jpg

Perry White - Spencer Tracy
spencer-tracy03.jpg

80s' Superman:

Superman / Clark Kent - Daniel Day Lewis
Daniel%20Day-Lewis%20-%20Bild.jpg

Lois Lane - Demi Moore
demi.jpg

Lex Luthor - Michael Ironside
ironside1.jpg

90s' Superman:

Superman / Clark Kent - Patrick Warburton
gal_bobdamico.jpg

Lois Lane - Jennifer Connolly
06%20Connelly%20147b.jpg

Lex Luthor - John Malkovich
picture08.jpg

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Lex Luthor - Orson Welles
lorre_peter2.jpg

That's not Orson Welles. That's Peter Lorre.

And sorry, but Patrick Warburton and Daniel Day Lewis are terrible choices for Superman. JMO.

Welles was a pretty hefty guy; if anything he'd be more suited to play Kingpin from Marvel than Luthor.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
That's not Orson Welles. That's Peter Lorre.

And sorry, but Patrick Warburton and Daniel Day Lewis are terrible choices for Superman. JMO.

Oh, yeah, I meant Lorre. I don't know why I put Welles.

Dolph Lungren shuld be superman after Chris Reeve finish with the character!!! when the salkinds was looking for a new actor, they should to think on him, he was perfect after chris reeve.

BUT IN THE 60 YEARS, CLINT WALKER SHOULD BE SUPERMAN!!!

imagenes0008gm.jpg

imagenes0018ob.jpg

imagenes0025lb.jpg

imagenes0032bz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija