Who Would You Like To See In Spidey-4?

Cyrusbales

Avenger
Reaction score
Which Villains would you like to see in spidey-4? Choose as many as you like.

I think too often, people on this site are advocates of formulaic script writing, where all you have to do is bring a new villain and you have a valid sequel. I often see threads like this with long lists of sequel numbers and villains (spidey 4: rhino, spidey 5: lizard, etc) as if that's all it takes to make a succesful franchise. Personally I think the villain is one of the least important aspects of a Spider-Man film.

The first film was an origin film, and we got to watch Peter aquire and adjust to his powers. The second film, we saw him wrestle with all the responsibility that has been placed on him, and develop the love story with MJ. It seems like in the third film, he's going to have to deal with the dark side of his psyche, and complications with his love life.

We should be asking which villain would offer the best opportunity to further develop the Spider-Man character. If there aren't any new emotional angles to explore, I hope that they will put the franchise on hold, because I definately don't want a hollow action flick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"