Who should play Spider-Man after Tobey?

Lunar_Wolf

WTF face
Reaction score
If Spider-man 4 gets made and Tobey it not in it as he only signed a contract for 3 movies, who do you think would be a great Spider-man to replace Tobey? :spidey:

Welcome to the Hype Lunar_Wolfe. This topic has been discussed many times, just check in the Spidey forum. As of now though i'd say Tobey could do one more. He's only 30 which means if they get a good plot after SM3 and start filming in early 08 he'd be 32 and it would be perfect for an 09 release. just a thought.

Colin Hanks
73013.jpg

seth_photos.jpg
What about Mr, Brody geeky and funny. Spider-Man was not wisecracking in the movies like in the comics.

I see no reason Tobey Maguire needs to be recast.

If it's successful, and everything works out and Maguire still wants to play the character, why the heck not?

*IF* Tobey decides not to renew his contract (although I'm sure they'd be willing to pay insane amounts of money for him), then I'd go with Jake Gyllenhaal. Adam Brody and Colin Hanks are okay as well. Topher Grace would be a suitable replacement, but he's out of the question for obvious reasons.

Topher Grace would be a suitable replacement, but he's out of the question for obvious reasons.[/quote]

What reason is that?!!:eek: :confused: ....jk

Mr. Magoo said:
*IF* Tobey decides not to renew his contract (although I'm sure they'd be willing to pay insane amounts of money for him), then I'd go with Jake Gyllenhaal. Adam Brody and Colin Hanks are okay as well. Topher Grace would be a suitable replacement, but he's out of the question for obvious reasons.

I am of the same view as you.

Jake Gyllenhaal would be a great recast as they were going to recast him anyways when Tobey hurt his back before the second film.
2003%20tobey.jpg
2003%20jake%20g.jpg
They look like long lost brothers:spidey: :spidey:

tobey is ok in my book

but if for some reason he does not return my runner up choice is jake gyllenhall

They shouldn't make a Spiderman after 3 without all the returning cast. Changing the cast always ****s movies over.

SouLeSS said:
They shouldn't make a Spiderman after 3 without all the returning cast. Changing the cast always ****s movies over.
You are right about that! And I'm more worried about a new director.

SouLeSS said:

Well they should have canned Dunst after # 1, horrible casting hoice for that part.

Otherwise who I think should be Spider-Man if Tobey does not come back?

I SAY remake the movies but use a cast of all little people. Vern Troyer as Peter Parker and Warwick Davis as Norman Osborne. Bridget the Midget could be MJ.

I am kind of worried because I think Dunst says she definitely doesn't want to do any more movies than 3. Which makes no sense to me, because she gets paid a ****load of money and gets to make movies like Elizabethtown in her spare time, so it's not like Spider-Man is holding her back.

SouLeSS said:
In what instances? Obviously the Batman movies were bad after Keaton left, but that was hardly soley the cast's fault, and the James Bond series has faired quite well despite 4-5, recasts.

Either Jake or Colin. They'd have been better than tobey in the first place.

CConn said:
In what instances? Obviously the Batman movies were bad after Keaton left, but that was hardly soley the cast's fault, and the James Bond series has faired quite well despite 4-5, recasts.

Exactly.

The Spidey movies can do just fine without Maguire,and Raimi for that matter.

Doc Ock said:
Exactly.

The Spidey movies can do just fine without Maguire,and Raimi for that matter.

I personally think they would have been better without Raimi, after that horrible second film I don't understand why people are so high on him still.

Keanu Reeves is way too old, he's like 15 years older than Tobey is.

We've already seen Keanu as a superhero "type" in the Matrix movies. I couldn't picture him playing any comic hero appropriately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"