Who Would You Like To See Take Up The Mantle Of Thor? SPOILERS INSIDE

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Purely hypothetical but I have seen a few interviews where Chris Hemsworth doesn't look over the moon about the prospect of playing Thor much longer and he does only have the two IW movies left.

If the case is that Thor's character survives Infinity War but Hemsworth has no desire to rerun would you like to see someone else take up the mantle?

If so who would you like to see?

• Beta Ray Bill
  • Jane Foster
  • Valkyrie
  • No there is only one Thor to be god damn it!

I think you get Taika back you get Hemsworth back, otherwise don't bother with Thor there is literally loads of other characters they can build into big franchises.

Agree on that - if you get Taika you [seemingly] get Hemsworth. If not, move onto the other gods that haven't even been touched yet - the Olympians. I cant believe that we are 3 Thor films in and there hasn't even been as much as a single solitary throwaway line about them.

Personally I would love to see Beta Ray Bill but I know the chances of that happening are pretty miniscule.

Hemsworth, I've been hearing Taika and the cast talk about making another Thor film TOO much for it not to happen.

Kevin Fiege also says he wants to continue to work with Taika, so I see atleast one more Thor film (hopefully 3).

Agree on that - if you get Taika you [seemingly] get Hemsworth. If not, move onto the other gods that haven't even been touched yet - the Olympians. I cant believe that we are 3 Thor films in and there hasn't even been as much as a single solitary throwaway line about them.

Yes we need that asap. Surely something in Thor 4 if it happens.

Purely hypothetical but I have seen a few interviews where Chris Hemsworth doesn't look over the moon about the prospect of playing Thor much longer and he does only have the two IW movies left.
That's simply not true. Just go and watch his interviews for TR. He has said multiple times that he would gladly come back and do another movie. He really loved doing TR with Taika and he would love to return once again.

One of the great things about ragnarok is that we see the powers are thors. They don't come from his hammer they are a part of him. You should not be able to "give" them to anybody.

Thor, the god of thunder.

Definitely not Boring She-Thor Foster.

Yeah, prior there could have a been a potentially interesting story to be told about Thor going missing and Mjolnir turning up with Jane Foster who gets Thor-powers and goes on adventures trying to find him.

That's simply not true. Just go and watch his interviews for TR. He has said multiple times that he would gladly come back and do another movie. He really loved doing TR with Taika and he would love to return once again.

Can't say I have seen every interview he has done man. Just saw an extract from a press junket and he was giving a lot of one word direct answers and just genuinely didn't look interested but it could easily have just been a bad day.

One of the great things about ragnarok is that we see the powers are thors. They don't come from his hammer they are a part of him. You should not be able to "give" them to anybody.

That's how if anyone was going to take up the roll I would love Bill. At least he isn't replacing Thor rather a very similar character. Plus Bill's hammer is even more bad ass looking that Thor's imo lol.

PS sorry about double post don't know how to quote two posts in to one post.

Well there has not been any line about the Olympian's, but a bust of Ares Head was shown on the outside of the Sakaar Arena, cementing their existence within the MCU.

So, for Thor 4 I would like to see the Olympian's introduced, with Amora the Enchantress wanting revenge on Thor for not stopping the death of Skurge. Maybe they make them related in the MCU, I don't know, but they were close and she blames Thor for it. So, she travels to Olympus, to make a pact with Ares as it is known he has a hatred for his half brother Hercules. Together they vow to join forces to pit Thor and Hercules against one another, by using her charms to have them do battle and then with the plan for Ares to finish off the already exhausted winner. In this movie it would have a very similar Dynamic to The Enchantress and Executioner with Ares taking up the Executioners role. So, Thor and Hercules do battle and at some point they hit each others so hard that it knocks them both out of Amora's spell and then of course the tables turn and the battle becomes the Enchantress and Ares vs. Thor and Hercules. Also, I think somehow the Thor vs. Hercules fight needs to get taken to a train yard. Maybe they are fighting down the side of Mount Olympus and at the base of the Mountain is a train yard. I don't know, but I always loved that setting for a brutal fight. In the end knowing the Asgardian's need a new home, Zeus allows the Asgardian's to stay in Olympus, maybe with some of their mixed offspring becoming the Eternals.

Anyways those are some of my thoughts.

Surfer

Last edited:
Just get Liam Hemsworth in and get him buffed. Problem solved. You dont need to work around the storylines. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"