Who's The BEST?

Genesis 1.0

Thread Overlord's Minion
Reaction score
Alright, I've seen it done before but this never gets old.

Robot Chicken :p

I say that Family Guy is best, although Simpsons in its prime would give it a run for its money. The two shows are actually VERY different, although people always want to compare the two. Futurama is more of a blend of the two. I'd say American Dad is definitely the weakest of the three.

I say that Family Guy is best, although Simpsons in its prime would give it a run for its money. The two shows are actually VERY different, although people always want to compare the two. Futurama is more of a blend of the two. I'd say American Dad is definitely the weakest of the three.

Agreed. FG is like someone slapping you across the face with their humor, while Simpsons was always a little more subtle and high-class.

I don't watch FG, but I say FG is funnier right now than TS.

But FG can't touch the Simpson's from seasons 4 though like 11, mind you. ;)

Simpsons. Family Guy ran out of steam many seasons before the Simpsons did. And American Dad has never been funny.

Agreed. FG is like someone slapping you across the face with their humor, while Simpsons was always a little more subtle and high-class.

:up:

Seriously can't believe more people voted for Family Guy.

FG is funnier, but it's like a "big bugeted sequel" of an original classic. I think FG is funnier on paper, but i think it's like comparing Run DMC and Tupac.

I'm surprised people still watch Family Guy. Except for "Blue Harvest" I think its really sucked.

Simpsons when I was growing up, Family Guy when I was in High School and now I'm back to Simpsons. I never liked American Dad.

I'm surprised people still watch Family Guy. Except for "Blue Harvest" I think its really sucked.

I think Blue Harvest sucked as well (it copies Star Wars almost word for word with only about 25 seconds of new material put in, why bother?).

For me, a full blooded Englishman, Family Guy is just too American, that and the constant pop culture references scream out like me, like me! I find myself watching the show with a straight face throughout. I know I'm in the minority but that's where I stand.

At least with American Dad, its so stupid its slapstick. Yes it has pop culture references (by the two most irritating characters, the fish and the alien) but its crazy enough to warrant a few laughs. That's why I voted for it.

Simpsons overall should win, but for the past 3-4 years I haven't found the new stuff funny, and I've seen the old stuff too often.

Why isn't South Park on the list?

i would say family guy is funnier at the moment .

Of the three, I'd say Simpsons by far. Theres a reason it's been going strong for almost 20 years, and FG was cancelled for a few years there. I think it would have been a little bit closer if FG ended after the first 3 seasons, after it's big return it's been all downhill for me, I just never liked it as much as the originals. I really like American Dad though, not as much as Simpsons but more than FG, most AD episodes at least have a decent real story that carries it, none of that random idiotic crap that contributes nothing to the story ("hey Lois, it's like that time I [random job or activity] with [random person], remember that") like in FG.

Heh, I grew up on the Simpsons and I still find it to be funny, the show has a real timeless quality to it. As with anything that's been runnignt hat long, it has slumps and highs, but it's a kickass show.

Family Guy, well it hasn't been around as long but it's built a very LARGE base in a quarter of the time it took the Simpsons. Not nearly the height of the Simpsons in it's prime, but given time I think it'll surpass it.

For the moment, Family Guy is just too funny not to vote for.

Stewie > Maggie

Homer > Peter

Lois > Marge

Meg < Lisa

Chris < Bart

Brian > Non-alcoholic pets

when homer is funny he is better than anyone else out there.

i never liked homer. maggie is amazing when they use her

Oi, here we go again. To make a fair comparrison, you have to look at all of the shows in their prime. Family Guy's prime was to be season 2 and 3, after returning, it fizzled out as Seth McFarlane got a real "holier than thou" attitude about it and seems to think he can just put random crap on the screen and audiences will eat it up. It worked at first, but got old fast. The Simpsons prime, seasons 3 through 13. American Dad...I suppose Season 2. Family Guy in its prime could never ever compete with The Simpsons in its prime. Its not even close to a fair comparrison. The Simpsons was much smarter and much funnier.

That being said, Futurama is better than all of them. It takes the intelligent humor of 3-13 Simpsons and the low brow and popculture reference humor of Family Guy, combines them, and then actually adds heart to the equation. :up:

Oi, here we go again. To make a fair comparrison, you have to look at all of the shows in their prime. Family Guy's prime was to be season 2 and 3, after returning, it fizzled out as Seth McFarlane got a real "holier than thou" attitude about it and seems to think he can just put random crap on the screen and audiences will eat it up. It worked at first, but got old fast. The Simpsons prime, seasons 3 through 13. American Dad...I suppose Season 2. Family Guy in its prime could never ever compete with The Simpsons in its prime. Its not even close to a fair comparrison. The Simpsons was much smarter and much funnier.

That being said, Futurama is better than all of them. It takes the intelligent humor of 3-13 Simpsons and the low brow and popculture reference humor of Family Guy, combines them, and then actually adds heart to the equation. :up:

I don't know that I'd agree with that exactly since I'm comparing current product and overrall quality.

It's impossible to measure one show against another based on the past alone when the gap between how long the two have been running is so large.

Futurama is better then them all. :up:

Futurama is the only one to make me laugh consistently. Some of the eps are truly moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"