Who's your favorite superhero?!

spidermanJLA!~

SUPERHERO
Reaction score
Indie, Image, DC, Marvel, you name it. Just tell me your favorite superhero(s) and why. I'm still thinking about it...:yay:

:ybat::cyclops::wolverine:ff::cap::unishr::ghost::spidey::super:

Last edited:
blackbolt, kallark(gladiator). the war of kings and realm of kings really raised their badassness to the marvel universe. i always liked them since i saw them in the 90's cartoons. when i first saw gladiator make juggernaut looke like nothing i had to find out who this guy was. then when i saw the FF episode when blackbolt speaks and destroys the encasement over attilan. i was hooked. i even use it as my avatar. i have seen that scene so many times.

another was cable. i liked the cable time travel stuff from the 90's x-men show. also all the cable appearances were cool.when i first started reading comics i started around the age of apocalypse, i saw the shi'ar encased in a crystal. i flipped through the issue in the grocery store. then i bought my first comic which was a wolverine 98. then i started getting into x-men mutant stuff. i started reading the original x-force, and cable solo. i was really into the time travel stuff.

i'm more into the cosmic stuff nowadays so i still love blackbolt and gladiator. haven't caught up with mutant stuff for a couple years now. but i still liked the cable i knew from x-force back then.

another i like is captain marvel, the original. also the kree as a whole are interesting to me. i always like learning more about them. like the FF hickman stuff had lots of kree stuff and more blackbolt.

silver surfer and galactus. other heralds of galactus

1. Captain America- Love his character and what he stands for
2. Captain Mar-Vell- Sentimental/First comic character I ever saw in a comic thanks to my older cousin.
3. Guardian- Loved his costume as a kid go figure.

1. Superman
2. Captain America

Always has been and always will be Batman. I connect with his character and stories more so than any other hero.

Green-Lantern-Hal-Jordan-by-Alex-Ross.jpg

closely followed by

Batman-by-Alex-Ross.jpg

The vision: i just like the idea of a recycled synthetic human. Evil progenitor, Very nice power set, the look could be better but one can redesing him.
vision_gif_by_mariosilvaartdesign-d31n11z.gif

GOKU = he's so unbeleivably powerful, yet goofy and fun-loving.

TOXIC AVENGER = he's like a mutated , mass murdering Jason Voorhees who's also down for the environment.

HE-MAN = The most powerful man in the universe. Plus, anybody who rides a giant green tiger and fights a dude with a skeleton face is completely bad-a$$.

RAPHEAL = Not really a super hero, but he's my favorite crime-fighter/ninja turtle.

BLACK PANTHER = The " Batman " of the Marvel U, but 100 times cooler IMO.

METEOR MAN = Movie made me appreciate Black Super Heros, and loved how a " regular joe " who gains super powers would realistically fight crime and gangs instead of a costumed super villian, etc.

HANCOCK = Like him because he is an underrated character with so much potential that hasn't really been explored yet.

HULK = " The Me against the world " super-hero. Marvel's unstoppable power house.

The vision: i just like the idea of a recycled synthetic human. Evil progenitor, Very nice power set, the look could be better but one can redesing him.
vision_gif_by_mariosilvaartdesign-d31n11z.gif
What's with the goat legs?

supes8.png

Superman

Why?

He's someone i've been looking up to since I was a kid. How he appreciates life, his optimistic way of seeing the world, his passion for justice and committment to action, his dedication and his sacrifices, and also his humanity - his ability to love, to enjoy the pleasures of the world and be grateful for them, to have empathy with people from all walks of life.

When I have to decide something, I find myself thinking 'what would Superman do'. Whether it's something simple or random like 'Should I go over and comfort that person crying alone on a park bench', or whether it's a huge decision in my life like 'Should I do this risky thing I believe in, even though it's really scary and I might fail?'.

And when I do what Superman would do, it's always the right decision. And it always makes me feel like a better, kinder, stronger person.

I enjoy a lot of other superheroes for the fun or the badassery. I particularly like Spidey and Bats. But Superman is more than just a story to me.

Last edited:
Its the Holy Trinity for me: Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

Sure, they are the most well known, possibly overexposed characters, but for a reason. First, best, most awesome.

I'm not attacking what your saying. What I meant is how people say how Supes is too powerful, his trunks are meaningless, he has no depth, etc.

Oh don't worry I didn't think you were :) If I had I would have challenged you to fisticuffs!

I agree tho. Supes just has this massive disadvantage in that the interpretation that most sticks in people's minds is Donner's vision from the 70s. And that is a vision that really hasn't aged well in terms of 'coolness'. Donner's representations of Superman's character and ideals in this cheesy, smiling and waving at the camera, shaking hands with the president and quoting fun facts about safety like a boyscout... well it just isn't something a modern audience can relate too in any way other than nostalgia.

Weirdly, Siegel and Shusters original concept back in the late 30s DOES translate today.

Modern audiences would easily welcome the champion of the opressed, who goes against 'the man' and bends/breaks the law in the name of true justice.

And of course from then until now you've got a whole host of other ideas and interpretations, all with some great aspects and angles on the character and how his backstory and 'deal' would realistically play out.

All the standard arguements for why he's boring make no sense, and come from the minds of people with no imagination.

If a character is 'too strong', then you explore how it would effect him emotionally to be to be that strong all the time. There is a story right there in that 'flaw' people complain about.

If a character is 'too good', then you explore how he got to his beliefs in the first place. What made him so adamant about not killing? What makes him such a kind person? Or you explore the moments where he faulters... the times when someone comes along a questions his 'too good' nature.

And those very things i've suggested... they are already there in various comic books that people simply haven't been exposed to :(

I've always found that people that don't like Superman are usually A-holes. I think having the A-hole gene and not liking superman tend to overlap for some strange....cosmic reason. Kind of a tell.......a tell.....that you are in fact......an A-hole. :o

I've always found that people that don't like Superman are usually A-holes. I think having the A-hole gene and not liking superman tend to overlap for some strange....cosmic reason. Kind of a tell.......a tell.....that you are in fact......an A-hole. :o

:applaud

My favorite is Cyclops. You know you like a character when they do something stupid and you just want to punch them in the face. Nothing beyond just punching him and saying "Get that damn smug smirk off your face *******, that's going to bite you in the ass in about five minutes".

He's been leading several bands off and on for decades now and his species has gone from several million to a few hundred and he's pretty much just said "**** the old ways, now it's happening my way. Get out of my way and shut up."

His instructions as I see them -
X-Force - Murder everyone who even sneezes at a mutant.
X-Men - Protect everything with an X-gene and "convince" them to join us on Utopia.
X- Factor - Do whatever the hell you want, I give up.
Everyone else - For Gods sake, try not to get killed until we can at least start to repopulate.

Cyclops has the ****iest job on the planet and loves every minute of it as he gets to tell the whole planet from Captain America and Reed Richards to The Shiar/Kree empire to shove it as he's just trying to save his people.

Cyclops was my favourite X-Man when I was growing up with the 80s cartoon and later Evolution. But I haven't read many of the comics... and what I hear just sounds scary :funny:

If you go from the 80's/90's Cyclops to today he's changed quite alot.

Yeah, they totally ****ed Scott up recently. Back in the glory days, he was incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"