Whose Line Is It Anyways? Returns!!!!!

Orb

Lord of Demons
Reaction score
WLIIA Fans REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?” RETURNS TO TELEVISION AS PART OF THE CW’S SUMMER 2013 SCHEDULE

Hosted by Aisha Tyler and Featuring the Return of
Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie

March 1, 2013 (Burbank, California) ─ The CW is going for laughs this summer by ordering a new take on the hit improvisational comedy series, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?, hosted by comedian Aisha Tyler (“The Talk”), it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW. Premiere information will be announced at a later time.

The CW’s WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? features the return of Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie, who along with a special guest each episode, must put their comedic skills to the test through a series of spontaneous improv games. Prompted only by random ideas supplied by the studio audience and host Aisha Tyler, our four performers must use the little information they have and their wild imaginations to depict different characters and an array of scenes, as well as perform songs. After each round of improvisation, Aisha will dole out points to our four performers and declare a winner at the end of every episode.

Based on the wildly successful U.K. format, which also spawned a previous incarnation in the US that ran for eight seasons on ABC, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is executive produced by Dan Patterson, Mark Leveson, Jimmy Mulville, Ryan Stiles and Wayne Brady. Co-created by Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is from Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions.

Source: CW

[YT]gaFQyJySGJ4[/YT]

This was a really funny show. Just recently started to revist some old episodes. Shame Drew won't be coming back but that's understandable since he's probably still busy with the Price is Right.

Wow, that's awesome! I've been hoping this show would return for a long time.

Really wish Drew would be the host still, but the change with a new host will not stop me from watching this at all. Wayne, Ryan and Colin are back!

Anyone else a bit stunned of how The CW seems to be "maturing" and not trying to focus all of their attention at teenie-boppers anymore?

Starts again at July 16th

Hosted by comedian Aisha Tyler, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? will also feature the return of cast members Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie, who along with a special guest each episode, must put their comedic skills to the test through a series of spontaneous improv games,prompted only by random ideas supplied by the studio audience. Based on the wildly successful U.K. format, which also spawned a previous incarnation in the US that ran for eight seasons on ABC, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is executive produced by Dan Patterson, Mark Leveson, Jimmy Mulville, Ryan Stiles and Wayne Brady. Co-created by Dan Patterson and Mark Leveson, WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? is from Angst Productions and Hat Trick Productions.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/01/cw-announces-premiere-date-for-whose-line-is-it-anyway

This was a really funny show. Just recently started to revist some old episodes. Shame Drew won't be coming back but that's understandable since he's probably still busy with the Price is Right.

Wayne Brady hosts Lets Make a Deal and yet he's coming back.

As for Aisha Tyler, I don't even know if she's funny.

Last edited:
She's pretty hilarious in Archer. But yeah, this is all around great news! Hope it sticks better than all the other short-lived attempts to revive it.

I'm not sure about Aisha Tyler part of the show's hilarity was how the host played the part of the straight man for most of the episode. Hopefully she can host without inserting her own jokes and ruining segments

I think Aisha will do a good enough job as the mother hen to all the unruly boys.

The only thing missing is that the players won't be able to make fun of her the same way they mercilessly (and hilariously) did to Drew (and to Clive Anderson to a lesser extent).

Aisha sounds like a newscaster. Hope that's just for promo purposes.

I think Aisha will be more like Clive Anderson than Drew Carey, which plays to her strengths.

I think I remember Nashville Star Charles Esten doing some of these shows when Drew Carey was hosting.

And they need to bring back Greg Proops.

Yeah, he always went by Chip when he was on the show. I always thought he was one of the best at improving songs, along with Wayne Brady natch.

They didn't do Weird Newscasters. OR Props. FAIL!!!! :argh:

Thank God Aisha Tyler is hosting though. She's way hotter than Drew Carey :awesome:

I never cared for Clive Anderson, I've always preferred the American version of WLIIA.

New eps start tonight. And Greg Proops is back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"