Drew Carrey's Improv-A-Ganza

Neverless

Tv Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure a lot of you have watched or at least heard of one of the whose line is it anyways. Drew Carrey's version of whose line is it anyway aired for seven seasons and featured mainly Ryan stiles, Colin Mochrie, and Wayne Brady, with regular guest stars being Brad Sherwood, Chip Esten, and Greg Proops.

After that show left the air, Drew Carrey created another show called the Green Screen Show, which featured most of the Whose line vets and some new faces.

That sadly didn't last very long. Well he has a new improv show now (although I think it will be only a set number of episodes since they only did so many live shows.)

Either way it's great so far. Here's an Ad for it.
[YT]RKMqdEmjgKs[/YT]

it's on the Game show network, and roughly only twenty minutes long per episode.

One of the problems I had with whose line (and I only noticed this when i began watching green screen show) is that whose line had so many rules, and contractual obligations that it hindered the performers.

On Green screen show they had much more freedom, and it appeared that they had much more fun, plus you got to see a few of the people that guest starred on whose line actually performing together.

Clip from green screen show.
[YT]nOGDGVXTbLk[/YT]

it seems they have a lot of fun on this new show too, because again they arent bound by so many rules. In an interview I think it was Ryan Stiles that stated, that him and Colin always had to do skits together, simply because they had worked together longer. Which I don't think is right for improv because you need change to get fresh ideas.

So have any of you seen Improvaganza yet?

Sadly, I don't get GSN. Hopefully I can find the episodes on Youtube or elsewhere. Hehe, I miss fat Drew.

I've seen it and will watch all the episodes I can.

Episode one is on youtube to get a feel of what it's like

[YT]lZ80ciasM2E[/YT]

I believe it was posted on GSN's website as well.

So anyone check out that first episode?

Episode 18 was out yesterday I think, it was one of the funniest ones so far.

Most of the people in the audience are drunk, since it's a vegas show. So when they get drunk people on stage hilarity ensues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"