Why aren't thier trading Cards anymore?

I think they dtched the idea of big encyclopedias to bring back the Official Handbook stuff....which pissed me off.

A new Ecyclopedia thing did just come out it's supposed to be awesome....but I want the obscure stuff.

that reminds me...all of them, for the main guys anyway, seem to focus more on the current stories....

well at least the ultimate guides (which are still the best) are continuing.. with the X3 update and ghostrider...

Oh yeah.......those things.......

No, I want the official Marvel Encyclopedias....And I want the Animated shows on DVD...Man they better release the Iron Man Cartoon with the Movie...

Is anyonw getting the new F4 toon? It's being released on DVD soon.

no... the FF4 cartoon was crap... i really hope the new spidey cartoon isn't stylised like that or like the Batman... crap crap crap.

usually the official marvel encyclopedias are kinda crappy though... i like the ultimate guides because they go into the randomist of characters.. and do a great job of accounting stories past and present

The reason is that comic cards are not worth it because of unprofitability, rights issues, and just plain pointlessness. The movie cards for superhero movies are pretty boring because the only time that they could be profitable is if the cards were released before the movie release. But even when those superhero cards are released before the movie release date, the images on those cards can only be created from trailers or promos. This is how it is with the upcoming Transformers cards. Images of those cards at initial release will be images only found from movie trailers and other marketing promos already released to the public, and not any new revealing photos. Furthermore, the Transformers cards cannot have anything to do with the original 80s cartoon/toy line, which is just ******ed - this has to do with the rights. Therefore, creativity and images are limited. This is just an example which pretty much discourages any comic/superhero related cards nowadays, especially since superhero movies are now a cash cow, and Marvel/DC are now protecting a lot of their creations now (post 2000). With superhero movie cards as well, if people want to see images from that movie, they can now find all that they want to discover or spoil for themselves off the internet. Why buy superhero movie cards, when you can see images from the movies at at much earlier time on the internet?

Yes....Todly you make a good point...but I just have two things to say in Rebuttle to that.

1) http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=11523&si=121

2) What was your source for the BAF Icons Galactus? I am still inclined to believe you on that, as it actually (At this time) Seems possible, but I have only ever heard of it from one place...and that was you.

Anyway...I think that if they make Veronica Mars cards then they can make comic cards.

Roughneck,

1. Wow, i'll get depressed when they start making cards for Bones, House, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Medium. Well, hopefully die-hard fans of the show and of the main actress can help out this company making these cards.

2. My Galactus Icon news was just B.S. I was just hoping that Hasbro checks these forums and inspire them to create false rumors into reality. Rumors and B.S. does convince companies sometimes....Speaking of Build-A-figure. I would like Marvel Legends to do a PUCK Build-a-Figure, just to really rub it into people that size doesnt matter...it's quality!

Roughneck,

1. Wow, i'll get depressed when they start making cards for Bones, House, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Medium. Well, hopefully die-hard fans of the show and of the main actress can help out this company making these cards.

2. My Galactus Icon news was just B.S. I was just hoping that Hasbro checks these forums and inspire them to create false rumors into reality. Rumors and B.S. does convince companies sometimes....Speaking of Build-A-figure. I would like Marvel Legends to do a PUCK Build-a-Figure, just to really rub it into people that size doesnt matter...it's quality!

that would be dumb...

Damn....I wish it wasn't BS......Damn.....Part of me always knew.

Thanks for the Truth Toddly...I think some hows should get cards...I know Buffy and Angel did....I think LOST and Heroes could probably support cards....I would evel like Law & Order cards...that shows been on for something like 15 years and there have been three different spin offs and it was in shared continuity with the Homicide shows....they could get cards....the three CSIs too.....

Anyway COMICS Darnit.

ya i've seen em.. but there still pricey.. imo.. im cheap though.. but know i can get em for less i want a complete set.. not just most

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"