Why don't Superheroes have kids?

because being a superhero is very a dangerous, and time consuming job... not only do most heroes not have time to raise a family, but, fear the consequences of the enemy find out about their kids

also a lot of superheroes were orphans them self(s) at a young age, and wouldn't want to have to put their own kids through that if anything were to happen to them

thats exactly the problem all they want to do is play with my toys, and get there sticky little hands all over my comics...

Not only that, they demand that I should spend MY comic money on them!

Because the people running the comic industry right now want the comics to reflect a perpetual adolescence they long to regain. Having kids and raising a family requires that the characters have emotional maturity and a solid, stable relationship, neither of which are compatible with a swinging single lifestyle.

Also, its not technically true. Reed and Sue have kids, and have had them for quite some time. They are a nigh-unique exception, though.

I was about to post something very similar. Of course, this thread is about the CBM superheroes, not the comic book characters they were based on. So in the comics, Sue & Reed Richards have kids. In the movies, not so much. Of course the movies fizzled out before they could be an item long enough to HAVE kids. Hopefully the planned reboot will do better.

Zatara's daughter Zatanna seems an early exception. She did not debut as an infant during Zatara's 1938-1951 run, though.

Since this thread has started, now I think there are almost TOO many superhero parents out there, at least in the MCU.

In the movies, Tony and Pepper have a daughter, Ant-Man has a daughter, Hawkeye has kids.

Also Hank and Janet, Wanda and Vision, and now Phastos in Eternals. I'm also gonna make the safe assumption that Steve had kids with Peggy after he went back in time to be with her.

The one superhero I'd like to see have kids is Peter Parker and it be Mayday.

Superman and Lois having kids has been a breath of life into that character and has set the CW show apart from every live action portrayal before it. At the risk of sacrilege, that dichotomy may even help that show supplant Christopher Reeve’s version as my favorite live action incarnation of the character.

Miller's Superman and Wonder Woman scene explains why. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"