Why Heroes is the greatest so far

hulkamania

Civilian
Reaction score
There are several reasons for the explosion of heroes: 1. The comic book feel and action. 2. Genius writing with a contunuous story that lacks plot holes 3. Character depth. 4. The other superhero tv show (Smallville) only has a decent amount of the second half of number one number 1. I think that covers it.

5 because its a rip off oa criticically acclaimed stotry calling Rising Stars

hulkamania said:
There are several reasons for the explosion of heroes: 1. The comic book feel and action.

Agreed.

hulkamania said:
2. Genius writing with a contunuous story that lacks plot holes

Yeah the word genius doesn't really come to mind here. There are plot holes the size of swiss cheese. No one wants to notice because they are to busy geeking out.

hulkamania said:
3. Character depth.

Really?!?........Really?!?

hulkamania said:
4. The other superhero tv show (Smallville)

An episode of the price is right has more substance than smallville, & hotter women. I would also say the Prize Wheel is more sinister than most of the Villians on Smallville.

Come on people lets calm the F*** down! It is only 5 episodes in, & I can already see alot of things seriously wrong with this show. The show isn't genius it is just a good show. If you keep putting it at this level you will no doubt end up dissapointed! Please just chill.

Maximum_Carnage said:
Agreed.

Yeah the word genius doesn't really come to mind here. There are plot holes the size of swiss cheese. No one wants to notice because they are to busy geeking out.

An episode of the price is right has more substance than smallville, & hotter women. I would also say the Prize Wheel is more sinister than most of the Villians on Smallville.

Come on people lets calm the F*** down! It is only 5 episodes in, & I can already see alot of things seriously wrong with this show. The show isn't genius it is just a good show. If you keep putting it at this level you will no doubt end up dissapointed! Please just chill.

What are some plot holes?

Also there is no one that has ever been on the Price Is Right hotter thanKristin Kreuk

StorminNorman said:
What are some plot holes?

Also there is no one that has ever been on the Price Is Right hotter thanKristin Kreuk

At this piont, my mother is hotter than Kristen Kreuk. And she gets in a lot less car accidents. No healing factor though... or is that a plot hole... I'm confused. :huh:

I think two things are unarguable:

1) Heroes is a good, if not great show. Period.

2) The concept of super powers in the present day world has been explored several times, incluing by Heroes, Rising Stars, and to a lesser degree, the Supereme Power and Ultimate Universes.

Kaboom said:
5 because its a rip off oa criticically acclaimed stotry calling Rising Stars

That's also a rip off of an acclaimed story published in the 60's called "The Uncanny X-Men"... That's a rip off of literary works such as Sturgeons's MORE THAN HUMAN and other sci-fi books like ODD JOHN and SIRIUS... So, what's your point?

Maximum_Carnage said:
Agreed.

plot holes?

the fact that the show is written so that each new episode answers some questions, but raises more is not that it has plot holes

maybe you just want instant gratification of everything you see

or maybe you just want unimaginative, hokey writting, kinda like in any comic book involving carnage?

Very rarely is there any glaring holes when your just five episodes in. It's a good show, but it's not the second coming.

There are several characters that have no depth yet, many plot points introduced that have no answers.

Let the show get some road behind it, because as it stands right now, it doesn't hold a candle to House or Smallville.:o

3 Dev Adam said:
That's also a rip off of an acclaimed story published in the 60's called "The Uncanny X-Men"... That's a rip off of literary works such as Sturgeons's MORE THAN HUMAN and other sci-fi books like ODD JOHN and SIRIUS... So, what's your point?

my point....was that i was giving another reason why its good. these days everything borrows from everything, so it had the good sense to borrow from something good. whats YOUR point?

PLAS said:
plot holes?

the fact that the show is written so that each new episode answers some questions, but raises more is not that it has plot holes

or maybe you just want unimaginative, hokey writting, kinda like in any comic book involving carnage?
I think his post was to just highlight that everyone has been so quick to heap praise on this show when it's still in its early stages. Best show on TV at the moment? Nope. Far from it. Best new show with potential? Hell yeah. But I do find that it's not a great show yet. I find that the acting sometimes in some episodes has been a little wooden and flimsy.

Kaboom said:
my point....was that i was giving another reason why its good. these days everything borrows from everything, so it had the good sense to borrow from something good. whats YOUR point?

Well the fact that the creator of the show specifically hasn't read rising stars despite I think it was Loeb trying to get him to due to similarities, I doubt anything was 'copied' intentionally. Plus the guy has a form of dyslexia where he muddles up speech bubbles so doesn't actually like or read comics as a result.

And rising stars just isn't that good compared to other comic works doing the same thing, there are so many stories of that 'type' I'm not sure why rising stars is even specified. I mean the whole "What if heores were here today" is even pretty damn mainstream, Peter Parker was the whole everyday hero living in the 'real' world. Most heroes at least have had one of 'those' stories told on their behalf.

I think the main genius of the show is the pacing, select characters and the obvious designs they have set out for them. Plus the medium is a big help in that.

ord0g said:
I think his post was to just highlight that everyone has been so quick to heap praise on this show when it's still in its early stages. Best show on TV at the moment? Nope. Far from it. Best new show with potential? Hell yeah. But I do find that it's not a great show yet. I find that the acting sometimes in some episodes has been a little wooden and flimsy.

It's good to see some one here isn't blinded by fanboyism. I usually give a show at least one season before claiming it anything.

I have been trying to think of all the plot holes, so that I can name them. Here are at least 2.

1. Why was Claire even hospitalized? She should have been out of the car, & gone before the cops even arrived.

2. How is it that no one saw what happened to Claire when she hit by the Quarterback the first time. I mean her head twisted almost all the way around. No one noticed this?!

These plost holes right now I can let go, but these are things can are signs of slack writing. This could hurt the show down the road. All I am saying is take this show with a grain of salt, & you will enjoy the show for what it is. A fun super hero show.

PLAS said:
plot holes?

Agreed. Also, just because something may not be answered until the end or even next season, does not make it a plot hole.

Maximum_Carnage said:
2. How is it that no one saw what happened to Claire when she hit by the Quarterback the first time. I mean her head twisted almost all the way around. No one noticed this?!

No one was paying that much attention at first, and Zach was infront of her, blocking everyone's view.

It happened so fast, that it is believable no one noticed.

I think it's a fantastic show...easily one of the BEST on TV today.
It's got GREAT writers and manages to "keep it real" (which seems so popular nowadays) while still giving us a good "comic" feeling to the show. Geat characters, great plots and twists. Love it :)

Maximum_Carnage said:
1. Why was Claire even hospitalized? She should have been out of the car, & gone before the cops even arrived.

the last time I was in a serious car accident, I hit my face on the front window, which gave some pretty minor cuts in the forehead and cheeks, actually nothing really serious, but the impact KO'ed me for a little while, by the time the paramedics arrived, I was already getting out of the car and making Death Metal Faces on the rearview mirror (when you're a 17 year old metal fan and you see yourself with blood all over your face, it's the first thing you do "I look SOOOO Metaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!"), nothing really bad happened to me besides those little cuts in my face, but it was nothing some bandaids didn't fix, but the fact that I had BLOOD ALL OVER MY FACE AND SHIRT was enough for the paramedics to put me in an ambulance and drag me to the hospital together with the other people (fortunetly, nobody was seriously injured, except for a birthday cake that sadly, met its end in the other car's dashboard)... so, by the time I was in the hospital, they had already realized that I was okay

it's standard procedure for paramedics to tend accident victims, specially if they've been in a pretty gruesome accident and have blood all over themselves

you see plot holes, I just see the real life implications behind actions

Maximum_Carnage said:

Basically.

Hopefully the ones getting overly excited are teens...but in a world of people who dress up like Star Wars characters for their weddings, you never know.

i watched the show for the first time today...starting with episode 1. (I don't have a tv antenna, let alone cable or satelite so i obviously don't watch tv on tv). So far tonight i've watched the first 5 episodes. I'm really liking it.

The show is great because it just doesn't dive right into the world of Heroes, unlike Smallville; which, by the way, is one of the greatest superhero pilots of all time. Smallville was great for 2 episodes or so and lost steam really quick. Heroes gradually lets the audience in, the show becomes addicting because we want to know what happens next. Smallville just uses cheap tricks to get us comic geeks to watch the show; introducing flash, cyborg, green arrow, for one episode.

Plot holes mean a problem with the plot. Claire going or not going tot he hospital or no one seeing Claire's head while she was on the ground are not "plot" holes, at worst they are highly unlikely events that happen to have happened...

It is very likely that one of the maybe three people who saw Claire get hit would have seen her head spin, it's also possible that they were all busy with practice and that no one noticed. While that may seem unlikely, while you may have a problem with it, to say that it's a plot problem suggests you don't know what a plot is.

Also, Heroes has one of the highest production values and intricate plots on TV right now. It's not perfect but it delivers powerfully at least three times an episode. It's one of the best, and while there may be some show that I haven't seen that's greater ( Lost, The Office), I don't see how length of run could make a lower quality show somehow "Greater"

If someone thinks the show is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I don't see why we need to mock their enthusiasm.

Personally I don't care for Grey's Anatomy... I can't stand the characters... I find the show rather too contrived for my liking. I only watch House for Hugh Laurie but I'm not going to bag people who like those shows.

I love Heroes... it's got just the right mix of fantasy and reality to keep me interested. It's one of the few shows that has a genuine sense of mystery/intrigue and yet it doesn't rely simply on teasing the audience. Whether they can keep this up, remains to be seen. But so far, so good.

3 Dev Adam said:

Okay, "rip-off' is a bit of a strong word. It's damn obvious that the show uses comics as its inspiration. I actually think it's cool that the show keeps us comic fans in mind. Everything involving superheroes borrows something from another. Spider-man was a bit of a play on Superman (nerdy civilian by day, hero by night, works at a newspaper company), so as long as there is a fresh take on things, it's just status quo. What makes Heroes a great show is that we don't have anything, and have never had anything like it on television.

This "rip-off" thing is a tired criticism. Of course the show combines elements from different takes on the superhero/sci-fi genre, but that´s exactly how you create your own thing. Everything borrows elements from something else.Batman too is a combination of Zorro, The Shadow, Sherlock Holmes...

The great thing is, Heroes had a sort of mild hype before the season started while shows like Studio 60 and Friday Night Lights had all the buzz. But then as the episodes progressed Heroes seems to have shown more consistency and grabbed audience interest, while these others lost gas and viewer interest, with the exception of Ugly Betty.

Darren Daring said:
Carnage snap!

gwendeth-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"