Why is MySpace so full of viruses?

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
Everytime I go on myspace my Norton Anti-Virus thing tells me that it blocked a virus from myspace.

It's getting to the point where I'm scared to go on myspace!

It's the spyware. People use all sorts of free Myspace templates and page generators and it has links to spyware embedded in the tags.

I see. I guess that makes sense.

I think they prefer to be called teenagers? :huh:

jag

jaguarr said:
I think they prefer to be called teenagers? :huh:

jag

I see where you're coming from with that joke. But, seriously, you should be careful over that. That place is full of viruses.

Catman said:
I see where you're coming from with that joke. But, seriously, you should be careful over that. That place is full of viruses.

I use Mac's. There's nothing on Myspace, even if I went over there, that could infect my systems. :)

jag

Because Tom never wears protection.

jaguarr said:
I use Mac's. There's nothing on Myspace, even if I went over there, that could infect my systems. :)

jag

So, you're saying Mac is better than PC? :cmad:

Mr Sparkle said:
damn you, damn your quickness:cmad::cmad::cmad:

My quickness is undamnable, so quit thinking that you're always right when you really aren't! :cmad:

jag

Catman said:
I'm gonna ask Malice. He's the expert around here.

Malice is the Windows King around here. I rule Mac World. He and I have worked together to help many a person with a problem. He would agree that Unix, Linux and Mac distro's are much less succeptible to viruses and spyware because their security model is inherently better constructed than Windows and that they don't have the vulnerabilities presented by Active X and other architectual deficiencies that Windows has. It's not to say that they are immune to viruses or spyware, but they are much harder to code for. There have been roughly five proof of concept viruses for Mac OS X in it's six years on the market that never really got released into the wild because they are too difficult to make replicate and proliferate on their own thanks to the security underpinnings of OSX. It's also incredibly difficult to make them deliver a devastating payload. Social engineering through tricking people into entering their root level access passwords on OS X are really the only way to get viruses or spyware onto a system and even then there are some inherent issues. I've seen the script kiddies talking about this on hacker forums and they're damn confuzzled about how to write an effective OS X virus, but it's not for lack of trying. Last I looked, there are over 150,000 Windows specific viruses in the wild and I don't know how many pieces of spyware and malware.

jag

I think I'm going to stop using myspace. I'll see if the spyware on the PC goes down some. Yes, I have spyware. I run spybot search and destroy almost daily. Any given day it goes from like 8-50. Depends if my bro gets on the PC. If he does...and I'm not watching...he'll go to some bad websites.

jaguarr said:
My quickness is undamnable, so quit thinking that you're always right when you really aren't! :cmad:

jag

ha! I get the last word, like I always do :cmad::cmad::cmad:

jaguarr said:
Malice is the Windows King around here. I rule Mac World. He and I have worked together to help many a person with a problem. He would agree that Unix, Linux and Mac distro's are much less succeptible to viruses and spyware because their security model is inherently better constructed than Windows and that they don't have the vulnerabilities presented by Active X and other architectual deficiencies that Windows has. It's not to say that they are immune to viruses or spyware, but they are much harder to code for. There have been roughly five proof of concept viruses for Mac OS X in it's six years on the market that never really got released into the wild because they are too difficult to make replicate and proliferate on their own thanks to the security underpinnings of OSX. It's also incredibly difficult to make them deliver a devastating payload. Social engineering through tricking people into entering their root level access passwords on OS X are really the only way to get viruses or spyware onto a system and even then there are some inherent issues. I've seen the script kiddies talking about this on hacker forums and they're damn confuzzled about how to write an effective OS X virus, but it's not for lack of trying. Last I looked, there are over 150,000 Windows specific viruses in the wild and I don't know how many pieces of spyware and malware.

jag

I see. Next time I go on myspace I'll make sure to use a Mac. :yay: But, I'm surprised Mr. Bill Gates hasn't tried to make better protection. That bastard. Him and Tom I hate the most. STEVE JOBS IS DA MAN:woot: :word:

Because Myspace is ******ed thats why. Stupid teenagers. Oh no...... I'm becoming a teenager! HELP ME!

Gotendbz-2 said:
Oh no...... I'm becoming a teenager! HELP ME!

What are you? 12 or something? Sometimes I forget this place is filled with little kids.

Catman said:
What are you? 12 or something? Sometimes I forget this place is filled with little kids.

I Ninja in the Night. :ninja:

Catman said:
I see. Next time I go on myspace I'll make sure to use a Mac. :yay: But, I'm surprised Mr. Bill Gates hasn't tried to make better protection. That bastard. Him and Tom I hate the most. STEVE JOBS IS DA MAN:woot: :word:

Are you kidding? Microsoft now has their own spyware and antivirus protection subscription service that they charge for to help protect people from all the holes in theis swiss cheese operating system that should have been more secure to begin with. Either become a Linux geek or get a Mac. :up:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"