World Why no Spectacular Spider-Man (tv show) Kickstarter?

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
I don't know much about the intricacies of Kickstarter, but why has no one opted to raise money to kickstart a new/final season of Spectacular Spider-Man?

It's already been a promising start to several canceled tv shows. Whats the deal?

Everyone thinks the show was so good that they themselves wouldn't do it justice, maybe. Or no one that knows how to animate would waste their time on a franchise they would make no money from.

Moreso I mean start a kickstarter to fund a reunion for the original cast/crew. Like Veronica Mars.

I hope it happens that end to the second season left me wanting more

Because it's legally impossible to do at this point. Sony owns the show and all rights pertaining to the show, but they no longer control the TV or TV animation rights for Spider-Man.

It's things web fans don't understand when they irrationally whine and complain when they don't get their way.

SMGO asked for permission to do a crowd sourcing campaign to fund a new season of Young Justice. WB denied them so they turned around and did it anyway without permission. Let's see how that worked out for them, shall we:

http://www.smgo.tv/shows/yj-lets-prove-them-wrong/

Whiny internet fans might be loud, but they are NOT numerous.

Who owns the animated movie rights? That's what is muddy for me.

Does it really matter? No one is going to fund a kickstarter for Spectacular Spider-Man.

Everyone has moved on and our doing other things. Weisman is working on the next Star Wars cartoon.

I never said anyone was... I'm curious to know who owns the animated movie rights... Is it considered animation or is it considered a movie? I'm wondering why there are so many Batman DTVs being made but nothing for Spider-Man.

It's probably considered a movie. Sony doesn't really have a home entertainment division they use to produce animated movies like Warner Premiere.

Disney owns the animation rights and are airing their own series "Ultimate Spider-Man," which is awful might I add. But that's the way it is, and Spectacular Spider-Man is done with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"