Why was the WTC targeted?

blind_fury

Avenger
Reaction score
I understand why the Pentagon was targeted but not the WTC.

Because it's really big and terrorists can't aim that well.

because they were very large and well known throughout the nation and world...in the heart of NYC...and were highly populated so the body count would be, and was, massive.

I think it had to do with the Twin Towers being the economic symbol of New York, if not the entire country.

Because it was the economic center of corporate America.

because a bad place of alot of people would die if those buildings fell.

Carter said:
How was that offensive?

because theres no factualy evidence to support it and seemed posted for mere laughs at the expense of a minority group.

Terrorists hate jews - Lot's of Jews in New York

It's a valid point

if United 93 was intended for the White House, then they were going for the Government-Economy-Military trifecta, all symbols of power of the US

Demon Within said:
because theres no factualy evidence to support it and seemed posted for mere laughs at the expense at a minority group.
We have a winner

I'd like to add the WTC was attacked twice. Once in 1993 and again in 2001. Each time by a different muslim fanatic.

It doesn't need factual evidence. It's pretty obvious.

Carter said:

It's a valid point
There are jews in every state of the union. bad place they run Hollywood. Hit a studio in that case. It was meant for cheap degrading laughs and was offensive. I suggest you drop it as well.

Carter said:

It's a valid point
I don't disagree that it may have been one of the small factors when the terrorists chose to hit the World Trade Centers... but of course it wasn't the only reason. There are many reasons they chose to hit that target. I don't give a damn what Man-Thing says... but I could see how his comment could be taken as being offensive, I suppose.

I never said it was the only or main reason, I definately believe that it's one of the reasons

Spider-X said:
because they were very large and well known throughout the nation and world...in the heart of NYC...and were highly populated so the body count would be, and was, massive.

It was also symbolic of being the symbol of financial wealth.

War Lord said:
It was also symbolic of being the symbol of financial wealth.

Maybe they watched fightclub and thought it would erase all debt, causing extreme choas in America.

Demon Within said:
Maybe they watched fightclub and thought it would erase all debt, causing extreme choas in America.
Osama loves Brad Pitt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"