Wiccan chick stabbed herself in the foot

kane9321

oakland's finest
Reaction score
LEBANON, Ind. - A woman accidentally stabbed herself in the foot with a 3-foot-long sword while performing a Wiccan good luck ritual at a cemetery in central Indiana.

Katherine Gunther, 36, of Lebanon, pierced her left foot with the sword while performing the rite at Oak Hill Cemetery, police said.

Gunther said she was performing the ceremony to give thanks for a recent run of good luck. The ceremony involves the use of candles, incense and driving swords into the ground during the full moon.

Gunther said was aiming to put the sword in the ground, but hit her foot instead.

"It wasn't the first time I performed the ritual, but it was the first time I put a sword through my foot," she said.

Gunther immediately pulled the sword out of her foot, and her companions took her to Witham Memorial Hospital, where she was kept a couple days for treatment.

No charges were filed, police said. The Wiccans were warned that being in the cemetery in the city about 20 miles northwest of Indianapolis after posted visiting hours constitutes trespassing.

Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons

I found this soo funny...am i going to hell:csad:

it's hard to believe this is newsworthy but either way it must of been great to answer the phone when she had to call work to explain why she couldn't make it in.

She should have used the Good Luck Sword if she was doing a Good Luck Ritual. Duh! She fails Wiccan 101.

jag

I guess Earth Mother Gaia wasn't with her that night.

Assuming I understand the 3-fold rule correctly, this means she cut someone else in the foot recently. Also, Hecate has a sense of irony.

I tell ya, that girl sounds slower than ******ed molasses.

I am thinking she might not be the one to do good luck rituals.

I assume that during this ritual, the sword doesn't get shoved in the ground anywhere near any graves.

I would personally be pretty pissed if someone was ramming swords into the ground around the grave of my grandmother or other family members.

I doubt Wiccans have good luck rituals that involve desecrating the graves of the dead. They probably just needed some kind of sacred ground to stand on.

I assume that during this ritual, the sword doesn't get shoved in the ground anywhere near any graves.

I would personally be pretty pissed if someone was ramming swords into the ground around the grave of my grandmother or other family members.

You've got about 6 feet of depth there to play with.

You've got about 6 feet of depth there to play with.

True, but it's the principle of the thing.

Regardless of any claims of "freedom of religion", if I found out somebody was symbolically shoving a sword into the ground over a grave of a relative of mine, there would be trouble on several levels.

But again, for whatever reasons Wiccans perform this ceremony in graveyards, I'm assuming that they do it in an area where there are no graves.

EDIT: After checking some Pagan/Wiccan discussion of the subject at places like Witchvox and Paganwiccan, it seems as if there is NO Wiccan ritual that has to take place in a graveyard. The consensus among the online Wiccan community was that the foot-stabber and her friends decided on their own to make a cemetery part of the ritual. I'll bet they'll chose a different location next time. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"