WiiU - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's BC with all Wii stuff. It's done in a strange way, just so you know. To play Wii games, you have to go into Wii mode, which essentially turns the Wii U into a Wii. You don't use the Gamepad controller with Wii games or anything like that.

So I can only use the Wiimote + nunchuk controllers for Wii games, right? Btw, I really wish Wii U has a built-in GC controller adapter like the earliest Wii consoles did, instead of forcing us to pay high prices for a LE one.

The Wiimotes and whatever other Wii controllers (such as the classic controller) are compatible with said Wii games. When you hit Wii mode, it literally transforms the console into a HD Wii.

And, yeah, it'd be nice, but realistically, we are talking about a controller from 2 generations ago. No other console makers make their controllers forward compatible like that. Plus, to be fair, Nintendo isn't forcing anyone to buy those at high prices. The retailer price for the adapters was $19.99. It's just people who scalped them and sold them at super high prices. That, unfortunately, is just how the market works with limited stuff like that.

The Wiimotes and whatever other Wii controllers (such as the classic controller) are compatible with said Wii games. When you hit Wii mode, it literally transforms the console into a HD Wii.

And, yeah, it'd be nice, but realistically, we are talking about a controller from 2 generations ago. No other console makers make their controllers forward compatible like that. Plus, to be fair, Nintendo isn't forcing anyone to buy those at high prices. The retailer price for the adapters was $19.99. It's just people who scalped them and sold them at super high prices. That, unfortunately, is just how the market works with limited stuff like that.

I understand, but I think the reason players held on to the old GC controllers is because Nintendo perfected the design with those controllers but subsequent successors could not replicate the ease of use and comfort while playing games like Super Smash Bros, hence the reason why gamers are willing to shell out $70+ for an adapter so they use controllers from two generations ago. Nintendo can easily recreate the GC controllers for Wii U if they want, and they can make tons of money with it instead of giving them LE adapters that scalpers used to get rich from.

Edit: Okay, those adapters have been bidded pass $100 now. This is ridiculous.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Smash...900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f7be5724

Last edited:
Heh, well, bit of personal taste there. I personally disliked the GCN a good deal. It was okay for Smash and some others, but outside that, I'd probably consider it one of the worst controllers ever made. I think the Wii U Pro controller (the newest controller introduced with the Wii U) is better, I would even take the Wii classic controllers over it.

Heh, well, bit of personal taste there. I personally disliked the GCN a good deal. It was okay for Smash and some others, but outside that, I'd probably consider it one of the worst controllers ever made. I think the Wii U Pro controller (the newest controller introduced with the Wii U) is better, I would even take the Wii classic controllers over it.

Since we only get one Gamepad controller with the Wii U console, what happens when you play a multiplayer game like Super Smash Bros? Can you use Wii U Pro controller or other Wii controllers for them, or do you have to buy another Gamepad or other controllers that are specifically designed for Wii U?

You can't buy Gamepads separately, but with Smash, you can use Classic controllers, Pro controllers, or Wiimotes. It has all the compatible controllers that Brawl did with the addition of the Gamepad, obviously, and the Wii U Pro controllers.

You can't buy Gamepads separately, but with Smash, you can use Classic controllers, Pro controllers, or Wiimotes. It has all the compatible controllers that Brawl did with the addition of the Gamepad, obviously, and the Wii U Pro controllers.

Would you recommend the Classic Pro Controller for Wii?

RgUvVfb.jpg

I use the Classic Pro Controller for the Wii extensively with a lot of my Wii U Games

On an unrelated note, Target put their Disney Infinity stuff on sale today. My girlfriend got the Avengers starter pack thing for $39 ($35 off) and a few figures for $10 a pop. Not bad at all.

Would you recommend the Classic Pro Controller for Wii?

RgUvVfb.jpg

Yeah, I was actually thinking of that when I was saying Classic controller. I forgot there was a classic and a classic pro. But yeah, I think that's a pretty solid controller. It's very similar to what you get with the Wii U Pro controller, too, so if you ever happen to transition to that it'll be easy to get used to as well.

Are the wii U owners here much happier with the console than this time last year?

About the same for me, but I was never unhappy with my Wii U.

I still think it's a criminally underutilized console. Not just the fact that it's missing out on just about every AAA game.

But basic things like bringing over N64, DS and Gamecube games are still a ways off.

Smash Bros and Mario Kart go a long way, but it just seems like they could do so much more with it.

I just got Mario Kart, so I will be giving it some real use in the coming weeks.

Well, I have to pick it up when it's ready. ****ing Sears...

I considered getting Hyrule Warriors, but I really dislike Dynasty Warriors, so I think I'll sit that one out.

About the same for me, but I was never unhappy with my Wii U.
Yes I remember you were happy back then. Would be interested to see if those who were unhappy are more optimistic now.

I still think it's a criminally underutilized console. Not just the fact that it's missing out on just about every AAA game.

But basic things like bringing over N64, DS and Gamecube games are still a ways off.

Smash Bros and Mario Kart go a long way, but it just seems like they could do so much more with it.

I just got Mario Kart, so I will be giving it some real use in the coming weeks.

Well, I have to pick it up when it's ready. ****ing Sears...

I considered getting Hyrule Warriors, but I really dislike Dynasty Warriors, so I think I'll sit that one out.
The AAA multiplat thing is long gone but the games from previous consoles I thought they'd made progress on that? What are the big games planned for next year? And did you play Bayonetta 2?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it's fruitless to try and get some type of consensus about it. The only thing you need to know is whether or not you feel buying a console for Nintendo franchises is worth it or not, it's really that simple. If you do, you'll be happy with the Wii U. If you don't, then you won't be happy with it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it's fruitless to try and get some type of consensus about it. The only thing you need to know is whether or not you feel buying a console for Nintendo franchises is worth it or not, it's really that simple. If you do, you'll be happy with the Wii U. If you don't, then you won't be happy with it.
I haven't got time to play what I have, no chance I'm getting any other console in the next 2 years. I'm just asking out of pure interest. Want to keep up with gaming even if I can't play much till 2016/7 :csad:

Ah, I see. Well, you'll find good deals in 2017 at least, I'm sure haha

Are the wii U owners here much happier with the console than this time last year?

I am, but I was never really too angry about the Wii U. It was upsetting that when I bought mine, the only first party games I had access to was Nintendoland and New Super Mario U. Definitely could have been better. Once August 2013 hit though things have been solid. Pikmin 3 kicked off a steady stream of great titles. Would I be happier with more? Yeah, but a handful of really great first party games on the Wii U beats a bloated library of mostly filler you get with other consoles.

At this point I wish Nintendo would get out of the home console business, and just focus on developing games. Though that will probably never happen.

A while back some outlets reported that N64 games might be coming to the Wii U, but I haven't seen anything about it since.

Nintendo really dropped the ball on the virtual console.

I bought the Wii U mostly as an impulse buy. But I did really enjoy 3D World, and revisiting Wind Waker. Kart and Smash Bros also goes a long way (if you're into that). If you have some Wii titles, that also helps.

But, I can't recommend it at present. Once it has a new Zelda, Star Fox, and hopefully a Metroid, then, yeah, I would say get it. The library is adding up (X, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, etc). Assuming you're into those franchises anyway.

I bought a Wii just for Twilight Princess and I had no regrets.

Playing a Nintendo developed game on a non-Nintendo platform will never happen. Period. Ever. Never. I just read an article on Yahoo about how the success of Pokemon is killing Nintendo because it means they'll never put those games on smartphones. How ****ing stupid can you be? A companies success is bad because its not how you want it to be. Pretty moronic.

http://news.yahoo.com/pokemon-killing-nintendo-203038043.html

I suppose that's debatable. Profit on hardware is pretty slim. There are about 44 million 3DS' in circulation. By comparison, there are what? A billion smart phones that could run Pokemon? Not to mention the tablets and laptops.

Nintendo is missing out on several gold mines. But I understand their reasoning. There is a certain prestige to having a console.

Their consoles would be worthless without exclusivity.

At this point I wish Nintendo would get out of the home console business, and just focus on developing games. Though that will probably never happen.

A while back some outlets reported that N64 games might be coming to the Wii U, but I haven't seen anything about it since.

Nintendo really dropped the ball on the virtual console.

I bought the Wii U mostly as an impulse buy. But I did really enjoy 3D World, and revisiting Wind Waker. Kart and Smash Bros also goes a long way (if you're into that). If you have some Wii titles, that also helps.

But, I can't recommend it at present. Once it has a new Zelda, Star Fox, and hopefully a Metroid, then, yeah, I would say get it. The library is adding up (X, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, etc). Assuming you're into those franchises anyway.

I bought a Wii just for Twilight Princess and I had no regrets.

It wasn't "some outlets", it was from a Nintendo Direct. It was the same Direct that the GBA VC was announced on actually. I'm confident it'll happen, but I am, too, baffled on why it's taking so long. At the very least, you can still access the Wii's shop even if it's inconvenient.

I suppose that's debatable. Profit on hardware is pretty slim. There are about 44 million 3DS' in circulation. By comparison, there are what? A billion smart phones that could run Pokemon? Not to mention the tablets and laptops.

Nintendo is missing out on several gold mines. But I understand their reasoning. There is a certain prestige to having a console.

Their consoles would be worthless without exclusivity.

Smart phones that they would make no profit on, unless they get into the phone business and start selling phones. It's more than just prestige, no one keeps a business going on that. Just because 44 million isn't a billion doesn't mean it's not a good amount, especially since it's not done selling.

I use the Classic Pro Controller for the Wii extensively with a lot of my Wii U Games

On an unrelated note, Target put their Disney Infinity stuff on sale today. My girlfriend got the Avengers starter pack thing for $39 ($35 off) and a few figures for $10 a pop. Not bad at all.

actually that's been like that since thursday night. scored both Disney Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 for 50% off they were on sale for that price at every major retailer. Walmart however did individual figures for $9/pc for some reason the 2 packs weren't on sale though

What kind of profit do you think they're making on the 3DS? They were actually losing money on them. Even when they're not, the real profits come from software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"