WiiU - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii U (previously known as Project Café, Wii 2, Wii HD, Nintendo HD, Nintendo Feel, Nintendo Stream or simply Nintendo) which is the codename for Nintendo's upcoming video game console and successor to the Wii. Eight generation of video game console.
Lets discuss it people!!!

so any suggestions about how to get the WiiU. I thought Nintendo said that they have lot of systems to meet the demand?

so any suggestions about how to get the WiiU. I thought Nintendo said that they have lot of systems to meet the demand?

I'd keep checking with stores constantly & perhaps you might luck out.

Yeah, even I knew that was a lie.

They say that they'll have more than enough, and if that means three or four consoles for non pre-orders, your best bet is to find out when certain stores get their delivery shipments.

The only one I know of is Target, which gets it's deliveries on Sundays, so hitting up a Target on that day as it opens will be your best bet. You can also call and ask them (after the release date) if they will be getting in any consoles.

I work at Sears... Our electronics department will be getting them. I'd honestly check there because no one expects Sears to have video game related things.

Wii U Injustice: Gods Among Us Box Art

injustice-box-art-447x640.jpg

Question can Wii Games played on the Wii U use the new Wii U Controllers or are we stuck with the Wii Controllers ?

you can use both from what they have shown. so keep your Wii nun chuck controller. and there is also a normal controller that was made for the WiiU as a third option as well.

you can use both from what they have shown. so keep your Wii nun chuck controller. and there is also a normal controller that was made for the WiiU as a third option as well.

I am going to go for that Mad Catz 360 style controller for the Wii U. As the sticks are properly placed to match the 360 on their controller

Another great read from the Iwata Asks Column, which goes into a very in-depth look at the Wii U hardware. It's pretty long, so I'm just going to post the link, but post pictures on the inside of the console. Oh, and it's been confirmed to have four USB ports (2 front, 2 back), and the door in the front slides into the console as opposed to opening like the Wii's did.

Iwata Asks: Wii U the Console.

slide002.jpg

slide003.jpg

slide004.jpg

slide005.jpg

slide006.jpg

slide007.jpg

slide009.jpg

slide010.jpg

slide012.jpg

slide013.jpg

HDVer_WiiUBox.jpg

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate NYCC Trailer

[YT]9wkQGEpRgL0[/YT]

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition Tekken Ball Trailer
[YT]9wkQGEpRgL0[/YT]

Cool so now maybe I can play some Wii games I did not get to play due to Nintendo forcing the Nun Chuck Controller combo

European ZombiU Wii U Bundle

zombiu_wii_u_bundle_europe.jpg

The Wonderful 101 Gameplay Part 1 (Off-screen) - NYCC 2012
[YT]MmLtruJBNNA[/YT]

The Wonderful 101 Gameplay Part 2 (Off-screen) - NYCC 2012
[YT]LIgczTo0ihI[/YT]

Preview | Call of Duty: Black Ops II for the Wii U is Legit
October 11, 2012 - Ramon Aranda - Nintendo

1695Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops_II_Logo.jpg

When most people think of the Call of Duty franchise, they think of the series on the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. And while we’ve seen a few of the most recent games find themselves on the Nintendo Wii, it’s safe to say that they haven’t gained much traction, largely in part to their inability to keep up with its HD counterparts. Not just graphically, but in terms of features, controls, online structure and did I mention graphics?

Well all that is about to change with next month’s release of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Yes the game is coming out for the previously mentioned consoles, but it too is coming to the Nintendo Wii U. After having played the game at a demo session earlier this week, I can safely say that what Activision has in store for Nintendo fans, is most definitely a legit COD experience.

920x515_singapore.jpg

During my demo, I was able to check out the Cargo (Port of Singapore) map, where I played a round of multiplayer to get a feel for the controls. Naturally I’m a COD player, so I was able to pretty much pick up and go, though I’ll admit it did take a few minutes to get used to the Gamepad. Obviously with the Gamepad being much larger than a typical controller, gamers may need to play a few rounds to become acclimated with it, but fortunately it didn’t take too long before I was piercing away with headshots and bulletstorms onto oncoming foes. Within minutes, I could appreciate just how good the game looked on the Wii U. You’ll notice some impressive lighting effects and textures, while the gameplay was extremely smooth. I appreciated the amount of detail in the game and honestly forgot I was even playing on a Nintendo console; let’s be honest, it’s not your typical “Nintendo” experience; and quite frankly I loved it.

Now with the press of the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons on the Gamepad, I was able to switch my gaming experience over to the Gamepad’s screen. The transition was seamless and instantaneous and actually looked really good on the smaller screen as well. I could easily continue the action and didn’t lose a step, which will be great for anyone who needs to hand the TV over to a loved one who won’t leave you alone about a show their missing. Activision had also previously mentioned that with the Gamepad, two people could play co-op at the same time; each with their own screen, which is pretty sweet. For those who may not care for the Gamepad for Black Ops 2, you do have the option of also using the Wii U Pro controller, while Wii Remote and Nunchuck functionality is also there; especially useful for four-player madness. (The game also supports the Classic Controller Pro)

Getting back into the main screen, I was able to use the Gamepad’s touch screen to call up score streaks and also customize my load-outs on the fly. This was extremely useful and kept me from having to pause the game and go into another screen. Sure, you can still do that if you like, but being able to do it on the Gamepad felt so much more natural.

wii_u_gampad03.jpg

Speaking of load-outs, I dug the game’s new “Pick 10” allocation system, which gives you full control over how you want to equip any custom classes. You no longer have to take an item from each category and you can in fact, even create a class that has no guns. Are you feeling like going in with just a knife, grenades and a bunch of perks? You can do that! Of course if you go in that way, it’ll probably be useful to equip the Scavenger perk so you can grab a fallen soldier’s gun. You also get three Wild Card slots, which let you equip anything from any category, in case you want a few more guns or perks. I’m willing to bet this new create-a-class system is going to be one of the most popular aspects of the game.

Gamers will also get to enjoy CODcasting to commentate on your favorite game, equip new score streaks, such as The Guardian, which is a high powered microwave that can slow down enemies or take them out – great for use when sniping. eSports via League Play will also be possible on the Wii U, which offers skill-based matchmaking and seasonal ladders. Hardcore gamers can go up against skilled players, while those who are a bit more casual, can also match up against lesser skilled players.

3808Cargo_-_Flag_Rush.jpg

According to Treyarch, the game will also include some additional Party Game Modes, Theater Enhancements, an Emblem Editor and of course Prestiging. Again, the Wii U version will stack up right alongside the other platforms, but with the added benefit of the extra touch-screen thanks to the Gamepad.

If you’re on the fence about which platform to get Call of Duty: Black Ops II on, and you’re already planning on picking up a Wii U, I’d highly recommend checking this version out. You might even say it’s the most complete package of them all.

Nov. 18 can’t come soon enough!

Wii U version of the game will also feature the re-imagined Nuketown map, for those who pre-order the game.

http://gotgame.com/2012/10/11/preview-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-for-the-wii-u-is-legit/

This right here is the litmus test. Get that "hardcore" demo.

damn it. I was checking Amazon the whole time to preorder the system..... didn't realize that Nintendo and Amazon were having problems, so i missed out on the preorder.... this is bull

Amazon has yet to list the WiiU system for preorder. It's only been available through 3rd party sellers.

For some reason Amazon and Nin have had a falling out. They stopped selling the 3DS and never started to sell the 3DSXL or WiiU directly. You can only go through 3rd party vendors. I don't expect them to sell WiiU anytime soon.

Just saw that Walmart is taking preorders starting tomorrow.

Last edited:
From what I hear, the Amazon/Nintendo kerfuffle has to do with people sending back a lot of 3DS' with cracked hinges and scratched screens, and Amazon tried to send them back to Nintendo, but they were being uncooperative. Or something.

For some reason Amazon and Nin have had a falling out. They stopped selling the 3DS and never started to sell the 3DSXL or WiiU directly. You can only go through 3rd party vendors. I don't expect them to sell WiiU anytime soon.

Just saw that Walmart is taking preorders starting tomorrow.
i'm searching on line, i don't see it :(

They're in store only. They will be doing them until November 1st....Or until they run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"