WiiU - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? No, they're still up?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I looked at the link when you said that, then refreshed, and sure enough they were gone. Wow.

I'm really glad I have no interest in those lol.

I nearly bought one. Not because I need it but... hey, collector's item.

And maybe some day they might do Gamecube games on the virtual console. I know, I know. Pipe dream. But you never know.

Then again it seems like every Nintendo product is a ****ing collector's item now. I can't even find a New 3DS to buy.

Also now apparently the official 3DS chargers are all being bought up by scalpers.

This adaptor was predetermined to be short-lived. It was meant as a gesture to a fairly niche audience of hardcore Smashers and made for literally one game. If anything, I think it's kind of a miracle they made one at all. Sony and MS have never, to my knowledge, gone to any lengths to make previous controllers compatible with current hardware.

And there's always 3rd party classic controllers in the mold of GCN controllers. Those by Hori are said to be really good.

Wow, this is getting so ridiculous it is funny.

Well, to be fair to Sony, I felt like I was using the same controller for three consoles.

Well, to be fair to Sony, I felt like I was using the same controller for three consoles.

That is true. And in fairness, Brawl did have GCN support since the Wii natively supported, so I get maybe why people were expecting more of this, but when I heard it was going to be limited to just Smash, I could see the writing on the wall that this was going to be a super limited item.

But there's still the classic controller option for GCN controllers, though.

I've thought about that one myself. If I didn't hate the design of the GC controller I'd probably have it pre-ordered. At least it seems to have a real second analog stick and not that goddamn piece of crap c-stick of the original design.

So, Nintendo. The new scalper's paradise.

Wait. The controller itself only works with one game?

Yep, the Smash-themed controller is hard-wired to work with only Smash. The adapter itself can take other GCN controllers, but only Smash is programmed to use it.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, and this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Surprised they didn't bundle with a limited edition Wii U that can only play one ****ing game.

It's like I said, the adapter and stuff was clearly a one-off for Smash. People seemed to get stars in their eyes, but the minute I heard that I knew Nintendo made these things with just Smash in mind, and that's why they were so limited: it was a niche thing for a hardcore audience and that was all.

And sadly, the scalpers got wind of just how hardcore the Nintendo hardcore can be. I don't know, the pro controller works just fine for me with Smash.

I prefer the Pro Controller, it just works better for me.

Those Hori pads work perfectly if you need a GC controller fix. I love mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"