WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one person uses the Wii U would every player playing that Wii Game also need that new controller ? Or will it be backwards compatible with the Wii controller ?

Wait is this thing motion controlled? I thought/hoped they'd take that much further and create a new controller that read your entire body movements or something. A bit too space aged at this stage, I suppose. But that iPad....er WiiU controller doesn't look like a user-friendly motion controller.

And if so are they just planning to reuse Wii controllers? On one hand that is nice because the Wii controller in an HD system (as Nintendo has proven they're the only company who can consistently produce great motion controls with EA, Activision or someone else getting it right once every two years, it seems) is very cool. At the same time I hear the PS3 knock-off (Cloud or some such nonesense?) is more intuitive. If so, I thought they'd try to push motion controls further.

Honestly, I don't think Wii was a gimmick. It was an innovative system that unfortunately did not have a lot of innovative games on it. But it changed the way people played and perceived games. But this thing looks like Wii HD with a gimmick DS controller. I am reeling from disappointment and I wasn't even following this thing until a week ago.

Wait is this thing motion controlled? I thought/hoped they'd take that much further and create a new controller that read your entire body movements or something. A bit too space aged at this stage, I suppose. But that iPad....er WiiU controller doesn't look like a user-friendly motion controller.

And if so are they just planning to reuse Wii controllers? On one hand that is nice because the Wii controller in an HD system (as Nintendo has proven they're the only company who can consistently produce great motion controls with EA, Activision or someone else getting it right once every two years, it seems) is very cool. At the same time I hear the PS3 knock-off (Cloud or some such nonesense?) is more intuitive. If so, I thought they'd try to push motion controls further.

Honestly, I don't think Wii was a gimmick. It was an innovative system that unfortunately did not have a lot of innovative games on it. But it changed the way people played and perceived games. But this thing looks like Wii HD with a gimmick DS controller. I am reeling from disappointment and I wasn't even following this thing until a week ago.

The Wii U will be using both the i-Pad like controller, Wii Remote, and Wii Balance Board.

This seems a step back. Going from a simple motion controller to a touchpad screen that you have to hold up to the tv doesn't seem like fun. I don't see families doing a game night around this thing.

Games with inventories are gonna be super easy on this sucker. Resident Evil, Zelda, that sorta thing.

This seems a step back. Going from a simple motion controller to a touchpad screen that you have to hold up to the tv doesn't seem like fun. I don't see families doing a game night around this thing.

They aren't supposed to, that's why it's Wii U. The Wii was "we", the Wii U is "you"... at least that's what they were trying to say during the conference.

I will say this for Nintendo, they don't give a **** about being hip or edgy when it comes to names.

I'm actually excited about the controller with the touchpad. It's a more traditional layout (analog sticks, buttons, shoulder triggers) that will shut some people up. I think the screen can be really interesting because there's a lot of potential for its uses.

If you played Four Swords Adventure with the GBA link, you could play with many people and each of you go into a different cave/dungeon room and look at your GBA to see your Link. I can see that being one type of example. Not to mention the obvious inventory/map screens you're used to seeing in menus.

Yeah, I think the controller is awesome. :up:

So no word yet about 3D? And I wonder if that new controller has motion control. Imagine swinging that huge thing around...

This is gonna be weird. I'm not sure if I'm behind this, because I still have my Wii, but just got done selling off pretty much all the games for it. I did not see the need to trade my Wii in for an equal amount that I got off Mario Galaxy 2, so I've kept the system just in case. I've always been a Nintendo fanboy, but I don't really know where I stand on this yet. It looks yet again innovative, but at the same time, it seems like another gimmick that will get old in a few months time. I mean I really had no problem with the Wii originally until I got the connect, and realized that mtion-based games just don't feel as good when they are remote based, versus something that actually reacts to your own body.

If you like dancing games, Kinect is definitely better. Dancing on the wii is just swinging your arm.

And... SMASH BROTHERS 4!!!!

Last edited:
So IF I get an off-line MP game,I could only get Wii controllers with one person using the tablet!?!?.....WTF!?

The thing uses Wii Motes for other players, Wii boards, and maybe even gamecube controllers so calm your asses down.

How do you think a group of kids playing say Mario Kart Wii would feel when only one kid gets to use the new controller with his own screen & the others are stuck with split screen which they would say is cheating since Nintendo will not let more then one person use the new controller ? This will cause problems when it comes to kids playing the Wii U

You do not possibly know that. Not one bit. You're overreacting.

Any smart parent with more then one kid that may want this would ask before buying

Can more then one kid use the new controller ? Store dude or chick says no & then parent says **** that

Thankfully its still very early & Nintendo can fix this

Ah, fan boys on the internet, you can guarantee they will flip the hell out before you even know the slightest bit more about something.

Time will tell if one controller per console & player will effect sales & I hope it does

so, the controller is 200 bucks right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"