Will Batman go ever truly go "back to his roots"

Those first few stories in 1939 where he killed people and had the personality of a brick were all trial and error stories. Finger and Kane still hadn't found the right tone for the character yet, and it took them a few issues for them to get it nailed down. It's as simple as that. It happens all the time with new creations.
Exactly. I don't think anyone will ever take Batman back to those stories. Maybe in an elseworlds.
The change I would like to see would be for Batman to be less techy and more of an urban legend. Nobody knows if he really exists. He has less allies. Just Robin, Gordon, and Alfred.

Exactly. I don't think anyone will ever take Batman back to those stories. Maybe in an elseworlds.
The change I would like to see would be for Batman to be less techy and more of an urban legend. Nobody knows if he really exists. He has less allies. Just Robin, Gordon, and Alfred.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't Batman want EVERYONE to know for sure that he exists, especially the criminals? Wouldn't he want them to know that he will always haunt them and be there to stop them? Maybe that's just me.

I am all for less sidekicks though. Especially less people knowing who Batman really is.

Once again, misinformation gets repeated and repeated until it becomes fact for some. Miller's Batman was not a psycho killer.

you need to read all-stars

Once again, misinformation gets repeated and repeated until it becomes fact for some. Miller's Batman was not a psycho killer.
Well not exactly a psycho killer, but he's depicted as a humorless, borderline sociopath, who's overly obsessed and just an all around unlikable character. I think I speak for the majority of the general fanbase when I say that I prefer the more human and heroic (but still dark and brooding) way that he was portrayed during the 70's and 80's and in the animated series and batman begins.

I'd like that, but it would be kind of difficult without forsaking all continuity. You can't exactly go from being world-known to being a rumor.

The only way I can think of is if Batman "died", or so the public believed. But he continued his work, and the tales of "Batman's Ghost" haunt the criminal underworld. Sounds lame when I type it like that, but you get my drift.

I'd love to see someone go back to the earliest Bob Kane Batman, the creepy, nocturnal, pulpy crime fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"