Will Ferrell on Elf 2 and Old School Dos

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Source: Moviehole
September 19, 2006

Will Ferrell tells Moviehole that Elf 2 won't be happening with him starring and that Old School Dos is a possibility:

In an interview with Moviehole today, Will Ferrell denounced plans for an "Elf 2" stating that although it was in the works - New Line had tried to talk him into doing a sequel to the family comedy hit - he rejected the idea.

"Elf 2 got killed," says Ferrell. "I killed Elf 2."

New Line's Toby Emmerich said they would only ever do the sequel – which New Line exec VP of production Kent Alterman was rumoured to be directing – if it were with Will. Since its not, it isn't happening.

As for "Old School 2," that's still a possibility. "Old School 2 is apparently being written," he says.

Todd Phillips recently said that he is working on the Old School Dos script

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16554

So he doesn't wanna do a sequel to his biggest movie so far he's done? Yeah i'm sure he's waiting on the script for Bewitched 2 huh?:whatever:

Sounds like someone's got a bit of a ego now.

Why would he want to do Elf 2? There is absolutely no room for a sequel. Besides I'm pretty sure Talladega Nights is now his biggest movie.

I love how everyone complains about sequels, yet when a star decides not to do one, he becomes a bastard.

Matt said:
Why would he want to do Elf 2? There is absolutely no room for a sequel. Besides I'm pretty sure Talladega Nights is now his biggest movie.
Cause they said they wanted too.

Elf made $220,443,451 WW.

and Talladega Nights made 147,974,475

but than again i don't know if its been released in all the foreign markets.

Matt said:

I agree. Elf was good, all by itself. I wouldn't make another one.

It seems like he wants to do Old School Dos, though. I'm sure that DW will pay the money to get them, since Vaughn has broke out (Wedding Crashers, Break Up) and Ferrell, obviously (Anchorman, Elf, Talladega Nights, Bewitched to a lesser extent)

Good, I'm glad he said no to Elf 2, as it is it's a great movie and a sequel would only cheapen it. (Like Santa Clause 2 and 3 did to 1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"