• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Non-Comic Book Fans Know Of Abomination?

ironwez20

Sidekick
Reaction score
he not as popular as venom, joker, dr doom and others so when i was looking at the trailer when i went to see the movie, i heard whispers saying who was that and who is he fighting a zombie.

Does it really matter? Abomination isn't the draw of this movie to the mainstream, and for all they care, the jolly green giant could be fighting any large ugly monster and they'd be happy. You're a fan, so enjoy the portrayal of the character for yourself.

Does it really matter? Abomination isn't the draw of this movie to the mainstream, and for all they care, the jolly green giant could be fighting any large ugly monster and they'd be happy. You're a fan, so enjoy the portrayal of the character for yourself.
Total agreement. It won't matter. What will is the battle. Hulk finally fights a villiain!!!!!!!!!

No, they won't know at all, which is why I couldnt understand all the hoopla about the changes, even if it was a straight translation of the comic, 90% of the audience wouldn't know who it was regardless. We fanboys forget, rather easily, that we make up the smallest percentage of the viewing audience and all the trivial arguments we wage, however entertaining they may be, are quite insignificant in the overall grand scheme of things...

Very few will be aware of who is Abomb so as is said above me what will determine is the story of the villain as well as the battle at the end.

Of course not.

I don't know how this "Blonsky" will play out--supposedly he can create sharp weapons from his bones and stuff. I'm guessing the effect may be similar to the Guyver or something. I guess that will have ga all "oooh and holy *****, did you see that".

Meh. I prefer a toe to toe Marvel style clash of the titans (which we're supposedly getting) rather than a gimmick. But honestly at this point, whatever. I finding it harder and harder to even care about this film.

A hero film, especially one not showing an origin needs big villains as a sell. Unfortunately the hulk doesn't really have any A-list villains. Abomination actually sucks realistically but he's just there to get hit really so who cares....

They certainly wouldn't recognise him (even if they did know him) from the trailer. Could have been anyone...

he not as popular as venom, joker, dr doom and others so when i was looking at the trailer when i went to see the movie, i heard whispers saying who was that and who is he fighting a zombie.

Nope. Even if he looked like the traditional version, only die hard 616 fans would. He is not well known within pop culture lore like Joker, Two-Face, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lex Luthor, etc.

Nope. Even if he looked like the traditional version, only die hard 616 fans would. He is not well known within pop culture lore like Joker, Two-Face, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Lex Luthor, etc.

I've been reading comics for nearly 30 years, and even I barely know who he is.

There's a Hulk Movie coming out?

It shouldn't matter who Abom is. However, I'm not too familiar with him, and I would consider myself an avid comic book fan.

No, and even after this film they will barely know who he is.

Who gives a **** what the general public thinks? These are the same shaved Chimps who thinks Iron Man is about a gut who builds robots.

The producers do. After all, the general public is who this movie is being made for.

I feel like the only person who thinks this Abomination is pretty cool.

but when i was watching the trailer i got the feeling that when they first abomonation i think audiences at first thought that was the monster he was talking about til the hulk showed up atleast

but when i was watching the trailer i got the feeling that when they first abomonation i think audiences at first thought that was the monster he was talking about til the hulk showed up atleast

You are probably right about that.

mainstream audiences have no clue who Abom is or that he is a major Hulk villain, but perhaps the movie will change that. I don't think most people knew who Sandman was either before SM3.
Either way, like others have said, just enjoy it as a fan.

dont worry i will i just wanted to see what the real fans thought about the audiences reactions

I feel like the only person who thinks this Abomination is pretty cool.

Not so fast there, I'm in that group. I think its more the creation of him that I prefer in this version. As far as the look, I thought he looked kind of goofy to begin with, so I didn't get too upset with the changes, but I just think they should've gone further with it, make him totally original. To me, combine Doomsday with Mr. Hyde from LOEG, and bingo, you got our abomination, which isn't too terribly groundbreaking...

Re: Do you think non comic book fans will know who abom is...

If they don't, they soon will.

My biggest fear from non comic books is if they´ll assume it´s gonna be another snoozefest.

Who gives a **** what the general public thinks? These are the same shaved Chimps who thinks Iron Man is about a gut who builds robots.

This movie´s only gonna get another sequel if those "shaved chimps" like this one... That was the main reason why this one took so long to get made BTW...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"