Legends of Tomorrow Will they address why Flash & Arrow weren't asked to join?

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know the real reason the Flash & Arrow won't be in the group. But, I wonder if the show will address why they are not in the group....Were they asked and said no? Or were they never asked?

Others brought this up before. Most these guys are either dead to most or criminals and them leaving timeline likely wouldn't affect history much. Where as flash and arrow would. Plus I am sure both flash and arrow guys are scheduled to appear in a few episodes.

I know the real reason the Flash & Arrow won't be in the group. But, I wonder if the show will address why they are not in the group....Were they asked and said no? Or were they never asked?

They're both in the middle of stopping their own super criminals. Plus, they've saved entire cities and planets before. They're heroes. None of the others really fit that bill. Some of them have great abilities and good hearts, but they're not exactly running around preventing tragedies every single night like Green Arrow, The Flash, and Vixen are.

I think Hunter picks them because they aren't legends on the scale of Green Arrow or Flash. That if something happened to any of them it wouldn't be a huge butterfly effect.

At least that's what I took from Sara saying "we make our own destiny" and a few other of the small clips we've seen.

Last edited:
It could also be that he heard about how Oliver Queen put a mass murdering psychopath who drugged his daughter to get her to kill for him in charge of an army of trained killers and decided letting someone like that loose in the timestream is not a good idea :wow:

again the easier deal is arrow and flash need to stay put in there timeline so things dont go wrong. Where as if you pull them from there time could lead to more problems. Then on tp of half the members of rip group or con man or where thought to be dead. The world wouldnt miss most of them.

I understand we'll be seeing future versions of both Flash and Green Arrow down the line.

It doesn't matter, they can come by anytime that they want.

I think they wanted to give atom a show to cash in on ANT-MAN

no again past reports said legends came about originally as hawkman/hawkgirl show.

I totally lol the true reason the legends was picked. In rip's time they where pretty much nobodies and history had forgotten them.

I think Hunter picks them because they aren't legends on the scale of Green Arrow or Flash. That if something happened to any of them it wouldn't be a huge butterfly effect.

At least that's what I took from Sara saying "we make our own destiny" and a few other of the small clips we've seen.

Beep beep

If you watched the show you got your answer, a few said it here already too. Because if something happens to anyone is this group it won't have a huge effect on the timeline like Flash/Arrow would. Basically Flash/Arrow are more important to the time line.

The legends crew is more expendable, but they can now make their own destiny. Plus Flash and Arrow are dealing with their own problems right now. Honestly can't believe this is actually a thread. It's all common sense and was even explained basically in the pilot episode.

you mean PART 1of the pilot episode ?

Yep, basically when Rip was shut down in his proposal that he be allowed to stop Vandal Savage in the past before his world conquest, he opted to hijack a ship and go rogue, but he still is operating under the principles of minimal interference with the time line... thus he cant grab headliners like the Green Arrow, The Flash, or even Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman, who all have serious impacts to major world events. The characters taken typically have minor roles in DC events, save for Hawkgirl and Hawkman, who are integral to stopping Savage, and who reincarnate anyhow. Death in time for any one of them would not affect things drastically

One of the discussed principles of time travel here is that Time wants to happen and will correct minor changes... the anti butterfly effect, if you will. The concept is that, while time can be changed through great effort. most small things will be compensated for. When Rip looked through the annuls of history, there was nothing the Atom or Firestorm did that cant be compensated for with another hero. The Thieves are just that... they don't have a major impact if they are lost... The Canary was dead already, replaced by her sister, , and retired from everything to live in seclusion...

A coworker of mine asked this exact question. I asked if he had seen the first episode and he responded "everything but the last ten minutes." Kind of changed his perspective when I filled him in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"