Supergirl How would you move Supergirl into the main CWverse?

I also wouldn't.

I'd leave a breach open, and let that be an ongoing subplot. I'd bring in Supergirl for their 'crisis' event, but that's pretty much it.

I wonder if or when we will hear if Supergirl will or won't be integrated into the Flash-Arrow-verse. All we have heard is that their will be a big mega-crossover mid-season.

Well, at a bare minimum, we will know something at the season start. :p

I suspect they aren't announcing anything because they aren't *changing* the status quo in any relevant way anytime soon or ever. There's not really a need to announce "Supergirl's entirely separate Earth will remain entirely separate".

I suspect they aren't announcing anything because they aren't *changing* the status quo in any relevant way anytime soon or ever.

:up: Keeping SG in her separate universe is (as it were) the best of both worlds. :word: But if they do blend things, I agree there's no need to rush things. Test drive a few “special event” inter-dimensional crossovers, and see how they turn out before committing to a permanent amalgamation.

And if they do amalgamate, I assume this new reality won’t be retroactive. I.e., no need to fanwank why Superman wasn’t mentioned in season 1 of Arrow. He wasn’t mentioned because season 1 happened before the dimensional merger.

You gotta consolidate the universes. Flashpoint is the perfect opportunity to do that

As a fan of the unified DC universe in the comics... Why the **** would people not want Supergirl to be consolidated into the CWverse? Rhetorical question. I've read the reasons to keep them separate and I think they are stupid, just connect it all. Bigger is better when it comes to DC TV universes

Because Supergirl is in another universe, it will likely not be affected by Flashpoint. I don't think Flashpoint is a good story for a mega crossover.

Agree. The whole thing about the multi-verse is that some things happen in one and not the other, causing different courses of events to occur. Purely from a writing stand-point, there is no reason for Flashpoint to effect the Super-verse, as they just exist in parallel but not in lock-step.

Plus, keeping them separate allows the writers a freedom of creativity that would not be so if they were all in one universe. It's actually constrictive to the writing teams. And there were more than enough questions about where was Superman alone, now imagine all the questions about where is the Flash and Arrow and Hawk Woman, et al when something goes majorly wrong in one show or the other?
Keep in mind, these are all separate shows. They're not going to merge into one super hero universe, simply because each show needs the structure set up by the central star of the show and his/her team.

Although, if they did go all the way and reboot Supergirl - which they won't do - then I would vote for a New 52 version. That Kara kicks arse!

And the uniform is hot... Plus she is an entirely new visitor to Earth in that one, with no ties to Earth and only a desire to return to the Krypton that she knew. I think it would be awesome to see Supergirl New 52 brought to life, even if it was for only one show. A breach across the multiverse to a New 52 Earth would allow the creation if an alternate Earth where that Kara exists and not Kara Danvers.

That would be a cool crossover!

Last edited:
Agree. The whole thing about the multi-verse is that some things happen in one and not the other, causing different courses of events to occur. Purely from a writing stand-point, there is no reason for Flashpoint to effect the Super-verse, as they just exist in parallel but not in lock-step.

Plus, keeping them separate allows the writers a freedom of creativity that would not be so if they were all in one universe. It's actually constrictive to the writing teams. And there were more than enough questions about where was Superman alone, now imagine all the questions about where is the Flash and Arrow and Hawk Woman, et al when something goes majorly wrong in one show or the other?
Keep in mind, these are all separate shows. They're not going to merge into one super hero universe, simply because each show needs the structure set up by the central star of the show and his/her team.

Although, if they did go all the way and reboot Supergirl - which they won't do - then I would vote for a New 52 version. That Kara kicks arse!

And the uniform is hot... Plus she is an entirely new visitor to Earth in that one, with no ties to Earth and only a desire to return to the Krypton that she knew. I think it would be awesome to see Supergirl New 52 brought to life, even if it was for only one show. A breach across the multiverse to a New 52 Earth would allow the creation if an alternate Earth where that Kara exists and not Kara Danvers.

That would be a cool crossover!

I like what is going in Supergirl in her own universe. A Crisis event is the only way to bring all four shows together. I also hope that Supergirl has her own writing team apart from Arrow, Flash, and Legends writing team.

Its kind of hard to have a crisis on infinite earths if you only have one earth.

I think everyone must have considered this at some point now. Whether it will happen I don't know but it is certainly something I've wondered about whether they actually can, it may be too difficult as it may result in the wiping of season 1 of Supergirl. Other than the Flash crossing over the only link I can think of is that they've both shown a Legion ring. So for me the easiest way to do it, and might involve a big crossover event including Supergirl, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. I don't think Arrow would need to be involved but still could.

For me some sort of incident caused by the upcoming Flashpoint results in Flash, Supergirl and one or two Legends being dragged to the 31st century. The rest of the Legends travel forward, possibly bringing Green Arrow if they want to do a big event, to save them. In their efforts to travel back they can only return to one Earth, the other would be destroyed. Or at least could never be accessed again. Obviously Earth 1 would be chosen but some loopholes might allow them to merge the Earths and that would somehow bring in the Supergirl cast into the CWverse. I mean now we have Superman they could easily do it where he is bright to the future also but he sacrifices himself to merge the worlds. And that would deal with the criticisms of why doesn't Kara just ask Clark for help as he would no longer exist and it's the sort of selfless act Superman would do.

I really hope it doesn't go that way and the writers could find a better way to do it but in my head right now this is the only plausible thing I could think of. Flash's ability to time travel and cross Earths and the Legion are the only things that link them at the moment. And I also don't think Hoechlin's stint as Superman will be a big one. Obviously Arrow is the only show we've heard of with known restrictions on characters but we can't be ignorant and claim that none of the other shows have these same restrictions. Especially when the worlds of Flash, Supergirl and LoT can't meet a much larger range of heroes than Arrow ever would have. I believe that DC are definitely being more lenient with characters now due to how popular the shows are or whether to use the shows as a way to build up support for their heavily critiqued film universe but I don't know. I don't think Superman will be around for long.

But still I'd love to hear people's thoughts and theories on it or if they think my idea is the most plausible.

Other than a moving truck moving some of the scenery to Vancouver ;), don't really see a need to do more than the big crossover.

The idea of keeping a superhero show isolated like an island seems ridiculous to me. Arrow and the Flash should never have been written as if they were the first and only heroes in the world. Even if you never intend to bring in heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman or Batman you should still know that they exist in the world. That's what makes the comics universe feel large and exiting.

Now that four shows are on the CW, all DC shows should exist in the same earth. Would sure make writing crossovers easier. Supergirl and Supes are supposed to exist on Earth-1 anyway. The CW should find a way to unify all the shows. If I was in control I'd slowly build up to a TV version of JLA. Though I don't know if Geoff Johns and company would be brave enough to have a TV version. JLA comics, animated, tv and movies would have everything covered. The argument against would be too much saturation I suppose. I just hate waiting years for a movie.

Have to think big. Look what Netflix is doing with the Defenders. And they don't have big FX budgets for their heroes. They only do 13 episodes and their effects are mostly practical, not CGI.

You'd need to put Supergirl on the same Earth as the other heroes.

It wouldn't make sense. Hell, having Flashpint being the reason ALSO wouldn't make sense.

Supergirl exists in a universe with its heroes and villains, while the DCTU (DC TV Universe) has Flash, Arrow, Legends and many other heroes and villains.

Putting them together on one Earth JUST WOULDN'T WORK DUE TO CANON. Where was Superman? Does Batman exist yet? Why don't they exist pre-Flashpoint? Will Supergirl remember Barry meeting her and how they had to get him home?

Basically it's like this: if you think it can work, you didn't think things through. You don't even know how much of a mess it will be, all the questions that need answers, so on and so forth, that you'll get just by putting them together.

Two universes: a set of heroes and villains here, another set of heroes and villains there.

Done!

How is the JL movie made? I am to assume all the heroes are basically born all at once. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman join up in relatively short time because Bats recruits them.

I'm just trying to see if the CW/DC could correct what shortcomings tv execs and writer put on shows when they create superhero shows.

If you want them in the same universe: Infinite Crisis or reboot.

In any case, Legends of Tomorrow and the forthcoming JSA fill that 'team' void.

I want them unified because I want villains to be able to move more easily and believably through the shows. Maybe Weather Wizard shows up in National City one day, or Livewire ends up in Star City. Very few characters could beliavably dimension-hop in the Arrowverse (speedsters, maybe Kara and Clark, Rip Hunter with his ship).

I don't care about the how or why. Use some comic book shenanigans. It's a waste to have the shows on the same network and so connected without just going all the way. I want a truly shared universe. Give me John Constantine versus Silver Banshee on Legends of Tomorrow. Give me Vixen versus Grodd on Supergirl. Give me Katana versus Merlyn on Flash.

If they want to join the shows/universes they can with a simple soft reboot...they can say Superman has been busy with other things or he's been off planet, or Kara told him not to come around to help her so often because she wants to do things on her own. I don't think it'd be too hard to do it.

There is no such thing as a "soft reboot", and integrating the universes would be far from "simple".

Supergirl was always going to be separated from Arrow, Flash, etc. universally because of the way it was developed, and will remain so going forward.

Supergirl can't fit into the Arrowverse because she doesn't wear a leather jacket.

There is no such thing as a "soft reboot", and integrating the universes would be far from "simple".

Supergirl was always going to be separated from Arrow, Flash, etc. universally because of the way it was developed, and will remain so going forward.

Well they didn't know that CBS would nix it and give it to the CW.
It is simple in execution but not so simple in narrative.........

Except plenty of shows have had alternate realities be the basis of the plot.

If it were me, I'd really do what the comics did. Push her and some friends into the Legendsverse and the plot is them trying to get back.

Though right now I'd keep them separate just because they need to resolve some things first.

Well they didn't know that CBS would nix it and give it to the CW.

You aren't listening. Supergirl being on CBS had absolutely NOTHING to do with it not being set in the same reality as Arrow, Flash, etc.

You also have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to integrating the two universes, because they are fundamentally different, necessitating the complete erasure of one in order for the inhabitants thereof to exist on the other.

You cannot retroactively insert the history of "Earth-S" into Earth-1 - or vice versa - without fundamentally altering what has come before.

Yeah. I'm ok with the multiverse.

I really want to see a TV Justice League, though.

How about use the DC comic's Doctor Manhattan to merge the earths/realities. He is like a god now in the DC universe. We are talking comics here. Fantasy has no limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"