Wireless Router Set Up Help

Brad23

Civilian
Reaction score
So I just bought a new Wireless Router today (G+). And I'm following the set up instructions and it tells me to unplug my modem (which is hooked up to my phone line) from the wall, but the last time I did that, my land phone went dead and I couldn't get my internet to work properly. Any advice on how to get this router up and running without unplugging the modem from the wall?

Brad,

I'm a little confused here, but it just could be fore I'm a little on the tired side of things. Anyways, why is it asking you to unplug it? What kinda of router (Brand, Make, and all of that stuff). All you should be able to do is unplug your ethernet cable, and put into the router, restart the modem (Should have a reset button) so the router sets itself up as a gateway. Then you should be able to configure it from there.

G'Luck,
Ali

Ha! Finally got it working. I found the reset button. they do a good job at hiding that thing. Thanks for the help Ali.

Brad,

So I take it helped? Awesome. Gratz, and I hope you enjoy your new router. I need to buy a new one soon myself, it's going on about 5 years. Hehe.

Laters,
Ali

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"