The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the entire spoiler tag, I saw that "Lois was proactive"

Now I don't mind that the love interest is proactive, as long as it's done in a tasteful way. It's slowly becoming almost a worse cliche than the kidnapped girlfriend. Ever since Iron Man 1 that has become a trend of sorts. In TASM it was done tastefully, Gwen helped with the science stuff and was just basically smart and resourceful but still fragile enough. Selina was already Catwoman so obviously that works. But in Iron Man 3 Pepper Potts was really obnoxiously empowered. The makers of IM3 seemed to pretend that the concept was totally original and brilliant. What makes it even more hilariously sad that they managed to do both obnoxious female empowering AND kidnapping of the love-interest :funny:

If anything, Lois should be the main love interest to receive a proactive role than Pepper or Gwen combined, so it needed to be that way with her.

Finished watching The Crow for the first time, fantastic movie.

:up:

I haven't even been out of school for a week and part of me wants to go back.

^ You always miss it.

Last week I got better from being sick and relapsed this week. Coughing and sore throats suck.

Nah, you'll miss it more when you're done with school altogether.

Nah, you'll miss it more when you're done with school altogether.

Hey you were pretty critical of TASM being in the 2nd position in the 3rd week being 'beaten' by an animated movie

What do you have to say about MOS now? Its in 3rd position behind an animated picture aswell

Hey you were pretty critical of TASM being in the 2nd position in the 3rd week being 'beaten' by an animated movie

What do you have to say about MOS now? Its in 3rd position behind an animated picture aswell

tumblr_inline_moln3r447M1qz4rgp.gif

You're opening a can of spiders bro. This is gonna go downhill real fast. But I have to admit, I like where this is going.

tCp90.gif

4230194_f496.jpg

Monsters University was actually a really good film and I'll be seeing World War Z Tuesday night...if two good movies knocks another one down, then so be it.

REALLY comparing those two with Ice Age 4, dude? :funny:

Last edited:
But quality doesn't match box office, right? In that case SM3 would be freaking awesome. So you can't compare it that simply. The Ice Age series is very popular, as is Pixar's films.

Excuses. MOS isn't living up to it's BO predictions. Already a 67% drop from OW I believe?

Monsters University was actually a really good film and I'll be seeing World War Z Tuesday night...if two good movies knocks another one down, then so be it.

REALLY comparing those two with Ice Age 4, dude? :funny:

We arent talking about critical responses,we are talking about Box office
And Kids dont judge animated movies,they watch it for fun

You were like 'It got beaten by an animated movie,what a shame'

Well your belowed MOS is on 3rd now beaten by an animated movie aswell

Both of those films are established franshises with comparable fan bases

I really want MOS to do good in the box office. I think it will once there run is done. Maybe not as much as I was hoping but hopefully decent. I'm waiting on an announcement for MOS2! Well a release date that is.

MoS had the most in-film advertising than any other film before, I'm sure it's probably made its budget back.

I saw World War Z, it was fun and entertaining. I was alright with the fact it was nothing like the book. It earned the title since it was about the zombie outbreak on a global level which no zombie movie has done before and I noticed a few subtle references here and there.

But quality doesn't match box office, right? In that case SM3 would be freaking awesome. So you can't compare it that simply. The Ice Age series is very popular, as is Pixar's films.

Quality does matter with some movies. For example, what I know of Monsters University(having seen it) and what I've heard of World War Z....two good movies just knocked another good movie. That's different from what I said to Spiderdevil about Ice Age 4...a kid's film beat out a CBM that's aimed towards kids more than anything since kids LOVE Spider-Man. And now, Spiderdevil is trying to make a point.

We arent talking about critical responses,we are talking about Box office
And Kids dont judge animated movies,they watch it for fun

You were like 'It got beaten by an animated movie,what a shame'

Well your belowed MOS is on 3rd now beaten by an animated movie aswell

Both of those films are established franshises with comparable fan bases

I know I'm ****ing amazing, but it is odd how you remember so many things I've said a year ago.

And what did I say about Ice Age 4 knocking TAS-M? An animated children's film that was most likely as awful as its first installment knocked out a CBM that is supposed to be towards the kids demo more than anything. And you seem to not understand my logic and rather trying to make some point now to just throw what I said into my face because of Man of Steel.

At least now, there are two good films that did knock MOS off :cwink:

Try again though, Spiderdevil. I know you remember everything else I've said to you. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that you have every post of mine printed and hanging on your walls.

MoS had the most in-film advertising than any other film before, I'm sure it's probably made its budget back.

Did anyone else find it distracting that Superman's fight scene with Zod and Faora started at 7-eleven, went through Ihop and ended at Sears. Lol. I found that a little overkill in the product placement department.

Did anyone else find it distracting that Superman's fight scene with Zod and Faora started at 7-eleven, went through Ihop and ended at Sears. Lol. I found that a little overkill in the product placement department.

The overkill of the product placement started once we say Martha Kent in a Sears shirt. Apparently she works there in Snyder's universe, lol. At least, though, she was doing something with her life...what the hell did Martha do in Superman Returns?

I look at it like this; I'd rather have Superman or anyone for that matter fight in an IHop as opposed to Pancake Palace or some made up restaurant/store. It's OK if Brad Pitt is drinking Pepsi but not Bill's Soda Pop. That's how I feel.

I wouldn't mind for a made up restaurant to be created, such as the continuity of a made up Biggerson's Restaurant in Supernatural that was created back in season three and still shows up.

I dont see anything wrong with it product placement if its there its there, it doesn't bug me not one bit

It's sad that almost half the critics hated the movie. I'm glad TASM didn't receive that feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"