The Amazing Spider-Man 2 With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn´t anyone else noticed kinda like the vibe that in this movie Kal-El becomes Clark Kent at the end of the movie(i mean like the character you know the reporter and stuff) maybe as Bill said in Kill Bill you know instead of the guy becoming the hero (Spider-man, Batman, etc.)

I thought that was a given.

He turned into this character of "Clark Kent" when he was a very different Clark before he even went into exile and travelled over the world. He became Superman and he also became Clark Kent, reporter of the Daily Planet, in this film.

I get guys like Pete and Lana having always been aware since they were kids and I doubt they would ever tell a soul, but I'm still confused with guys like Perry and Lombard because they just seemed clueless when I thought those two SAW Lois and Superman kiss each other(maybe Jenny saw too, I'm not sure). I mean, I'm fine with the idea that glasses makes you look different, because it's partly true with a lot of people, but Perry and Lombard WORK at the DP and see this before this Clark Kent guy shows up, haha. Maybe it'll be like a Lucius Fox thing where they know but they just won't say, who knows.

I'm also concerned about people knowing about Martha Kent and how she housed an alien for all those years, unless we're to believe the only people that did help out with Kal-El's spaceship died during that final battle when they crashed the plane into the Black Zero(Hardy and Hamilton).

Last edited:
Anno, spoiler tags please. I'm seeing the movie on wednessday, and I don't want to be spoiled by anything

Goddamnit! Sorry man, totally blanked out on using spoiler tags, haha.

Quality does matter with some movies. For example, what I know of Monsters University(having seen it) and what I've heard of World War Z....two good movies just knocked another good movie. That's different from what I said to Spiderdevil about Ice Age 4...a kid's film beat out a CBM that's aimed towards kids more than anything since kids LOVE Spider-Man. And now, Spiderdevil is trying to make a point.

I know I'm ****ing amazing, but it is odd how you remember so many things I've said a year ago.

And what did I say about Ice Age 4 knocking TAS-M? An animated children's film that was most likely as awful as its first installment knocked out a CBM that is supposed to be towards the kids demo more than anything. And you seem to not understand my logic and rather trying to make some point now to just throw what I said into my face because of Man of Steel.

At least now, there are two good films that did knock MOS off :cwink:

Try again though, Spiderdevil. I know you remember everything else I've said to you. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that you have every post of mine printed and hanging on your walls.

Oh wow, this is hilarious. You got served and went on full defensive mode :woot:
And did you just say Ice Age 1 was awful? :wow: I liked it very much. Just shows that its all subjective.
World War Z is an awful movie. See what I did there?

Stop beating around the bush. You're just an avid Spider-man hater why won't you admit it already?

I know I'm ****ing amazing, but it is odd how you remember so many things I've said a year ago.

And what did I say about Ice Age 4 knocking TAS-M? An animated children's film that was most likely as awful as its first installment knocked out a CBM that is supposed to be towards the kids demo more than anything. And you seem to not understand my logic and rather trying to make some point now to just throw what I said into my face because of Man of Steel.

At least now, there are two good films that did knock MOS off :cwink:

Try again though, Spiderdevil. I know you remember everything else I've said to you. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that you have every post of mine printed and hanging on your walls.

Hahahaha Excuses excuses

BTW MoS got beaten off on the first day of their release

No one knows how those 2 movies will turn out,still they prefer to watch them over MoS
Says a lot about the quality of that movie

btw has anyone seen the new animated show "Attack On Titan"? I have watched every episode of it and the series is pure gold. For those who don't know, it's from the same director that did Death Note.

I understand if some of you aren't exactly fans of anime, neither am I really, but both Death Note and Attack On Titan are bold exceptions where I can look past the nitpicks I have with anime series and focus on the brilliant story and characters.

Attack On Titan main plot description:
Attack On Titan is placed in a timeless world, where humanity has built a huge wall (and further walls for inside territories) around their living territory to keep titans out, giant genderless man-like creatures that possess no intelligence and instictively eat people out of sheer pleasure. After a grim day when a titan, bigger than any other titan, actually manages to destroy the wall letting all other titans in slaughtering masses of people, the main character Eren swears that he will do anything to end all titans. So, he joins the red corps, troops that are trained solely for killing titans, and the joyrney begins

I can't stand Death Note, namely for the main character and the fans of the main character. I don't like characters like that unless they're made specifically to be the villain, since it makes sense and would possibly be fun to watch. But anyways, I'm watching Attack on Titan and I love it. Granted, it crushed my soul a bit in the first episode, then again a couple episodes later, but it's still good.

Im an anime fan and I heard about Attack On Titan and I seen the trailer to it, it looks amazing as well as the story will get that

In other news, Spider-Man.

I can't stand Death Note, namely for the main character and the fans of the main character. I don't like characters like that unless they're made specifically to be the villain, since it makes sense and would possibly be fun to watch. But anyways, I'm watching Attack on Titan and I love it. Granted, it crushed my soul a bit in the first episode, then again a couple episodes later, but it's still good.

But Light is the villain, and L is the protagonist. It just happens that the main villain also happens to be the main character. Then again, one could say that Light is also the protagonist in it. That's what makes it fresh to us, he is an unsympathetic sociopath that we wouldn't like or root for in real life, but as he's super smart and becomes delightfully over the top insane it becomes really entertainging, and while maybe even feeling a little bit guilty about it, we can root for that character because all of these events happen safely within fiction

a case could be made that it's nothing fresh, there's movies/series all the time where the "bad guys" are protagonists and the ones on the side of the law are the antagonists (like in bank heist movies), but again, the hook is that Light isn't supposed to be sympathetic or likable as a person, he's only supposed to be entertaining. Most people have that small dark humorous side to them, and that's why people like to root for that character. We don't have to root for good morals for a change which is totally refreshing

Last edited:
Anything on Netflix, movie wise, that's worth a watch?

relax, this is the lounging thread AKA meant for generally discussing anything, it's not Spidey-exclusive

Sorry for suggesting the Spidey topic in The Amazing Spider-Man forum. You know how it gets in here when other superheroes starting getting compared. :yay:

Sorry for suggesting the Spidey topic in The Amazing Spider-Man forum. You know how it gets in here when other superheroes starting getting compared. :yay:

no offence, but if you want to change the subject to Spidey in the lounging thread, just start talking about what you wanna talk about.

you said "in other news: Spider-Man" like you're implying that talking in about something else than Spider-Man in the lounge thread was wrong/not well looked at. The fact is that the lounge thread was created for that exact purpose, to talk about any desired subject with fellow users that hang around the Spidey forums

Anything on Netflix, movie wise, that's worth a watch?

Have you seen Tangled? It's the Disney animated movie about Rapunzel. I watched it with solid meh-expectations and it really surprised me. Good plot, likable characters, entertainging songs and a lot of heart, which I expected the least. 9,5/10 for me

and by no ways am I usually a big fan of kid movies

hey guys, i'm keen to check out some animated dc films, specifically justice league and superman.

any recommendations? i'm hoping for stuff that is comparable in quality to under the red hood, batman year one, and the dark knight returns part 1 and 2.

I'm watching Re-Animator.

Anywho, I enjoyed All-Star Superman, Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam, and Superman VS The Elite.

I'm watching Re-Animator.

Anywho, I enjoyed All-Star Superman, Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam, and Superman VS The Elite.

thanks for your suggestions. i'll check them out. any one you reckon i should see first?

I think S VS TE is the best, so maybe save that for last. S/S: TRBA is more of a collection of short films with DC Characters.

I don't know if you guys know this about me, but I love Gremlins. And I saw this...

1spidergremlin.jpg

I need this... like right now.

Oh wow, this is hilarious. You got served and went on full defensive mode :woot:
And did you just say Ice Age 1 was awful? :wow: I liked it very much. Just shows that its all subjective.
World War Z is an awful movie. See what I did there?

Stop beating around the bush. You're just an avid Spider-man hater why won't you admit it already?

Of course I'm an avid Spider-Man hater....why else would I list Spider-Man 2 as one of my favorite CBMs or The Spectacular Spider-Man as my favorite Spidey cartoon....yah, I'm a hater alright.

It's all subjective, sure, but I'm only being honest when I say I'd rather take two good movies taking out another than one bad, which was the case with TAS-M.

Hope this avid hater taught you a thing or two.

Hahahaha Excuses excuses

BTW MoS got beaten off on the first day of their release

No one knows how those 2 movies will turn out,still they prefer to watch them over MoS
Says a lot about the quality of that movie

Usually a poster will claim "excuses" when someone actually tears apart your argument, but okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back