The Wolverine Wolverine 2 Plot/Character Details

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.pajiba.com/trade_news/ex...ns-for-wolverine-2-and-minor-plot-details.php
77443-76080-silver-samurai_super.jpg

The folks over at Pajiba have posted a bit of info leaked about the upcoming Darren Aronofsky directed (all but confirmed) Wolverine Sequel. The script, which was written by The Usual Suspects scribe, Christopher McQuarrie, has been touted by star Hugh Jackmaan as being the best in the X-Men series.

As many have suspected, the film will be based on the Chris Claremont and Frank Miller series from the 1980's, which really got the Wolverine character into the main stream.

So, take a look below. Keep in mind that there may be some minor spoilers below.

Logan: After getting into trouble in his native Canada, Zen, Japanese man, arranges for Logan’s release and offers to answer questions about his origin if he’ll accompany him to Tokyo.

Shingen: His late father was the Master of the Hand, but rather than allow Shingen to take on the role, he killed himself and left the Hand masterless, hoping that they would choose Logan as their new Master.

Zen: He finds Logan in jail in Canada and makes him an offer he can’t refuse - to come to Japan and learn about his origin.

Kenuichio/Samurai: He’s the illegitimate son of Shingen, but Shingen refuses to acknowledge him as an heir. He’s also an expert Samurai, and he attacks Logan several times as a “Silver Samurai” with electrified armor.

Mariko: Shingen’s daughter. Shingen has arranged her marriage to the corrupt Noburo, but when Logan saves her life, they fall for one another.

Yukio: Logan’s bodyguard. They have an immediate physical attraction. She’s also still partially loyal to Shingen and reports back to him, but she’s more loyal to Logan, who she considers her master.

Noburo Moro: Minister of Justice. He’s corrupt - in the back pocket of the Yakuza - and Shingen’s arranged for him to marry Mariko.

Viper: Noburo’s secretary. She’s in league with both Shingen and Kenuichio, her lover, but she’s ultimately more loyal to Shingen.

Frank Sinatra: Japan’s answer to Frank Sinatra. A Yakuza higher-up who provides Logan with information.

Please don't tell me by mentioning The Hand this is FOX's way to hold onto the Daredevil & Elektra rights.

well the Hand is in the japan story to begin with they aint added anything that was'nt already there

I know it's part of Wolverine's story, but as a Marvel fan I want to see Marvel Studios get as many of it's right's back.

I've given up on the X-Men & Spider-Man franchises, but had hope they would get FF, Daredevil and maybe Ghost Rider.

Supposedly this person has read the script and this is what he has to say about Pajiba's news:

The quoted details there come from Pajiba, who also have a touch more. If you know your Wolverine comics, though, you’ll see exactly what’s going on here. And you’d be right. That’s exactly what’s going on here.
I don’t have to keep telling you how good the screenplay is, but I’m going to. Christopher McQuarrie has written the script, Hugh Jackman is back as Logan, Darren Aronofsky is directing, production starts in the spring, I’m going to squee.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/10/28/whos-who-in-wolverine-2/

Not surprising news but still cool. I'm hoping for some great sword play in this.

I really like this news.Christopher Mcquarrie did his homework.Glad to see
The Silver Samurri Is defently In It.And nice to see Yuriko,and Viper In there.

On a sidenote It defently seems this should be viewed as prequel to X-Men
trilogy and not sequel to X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

I really like this news.Christopher Mcquarrie did his homework.Glad to see
The Silver Samurri Is defently In It.And nice to see Yuriko,and Viper In there.

On a sidenote It defently seems this should be viewed as prequel to X-Men
trilogy and not sequel to X-Men Origins:Wolverine.

That's what I'm hoping for. That they make this movie so it doesn't refer too much to the first Wolverine movie.

This sounds pretty good so far. Hopefully they don't do something stupid and announce a Nightcrawler or Bishop cameo.

Fox asked the site to take down the report.

I'm stoked. :up:

As much as I ***** about Fox I have to admit that this one looks promising. Wolverine in Japan is my favorite kind of Wolverine. And Silver Samurai and Viper are :awesome:

That's what I'm hoping for. That they make this movie so it doesn't refer too much to the first Wolverine movie.

Very amusing that not only is First Class ignoring Wolverine, but Wolverine 2 possibly is as well. :hehe:

Luckily there's not a great deal leftover from XOW that needs to be addressed. This film can very easily be it's own story, and I hope it will be, starting with it's own title. "X-Men Origins" was lame from the start, I hope that idea is buried.

We know this Isn't fake since Fox moved so quickly to get this off the front page.In all likelyhood this will be called Wolverine.Reading this makes me so much more excited by this than prospects on reboots of Spider-Man and Superman In 2012.

silver samurai defo!!!
viper either way not bothered
mariko defo!!!!
sabertooth slightly but done in this way:

has a cameo ala lieb shriver hunting down wolverine following wolvies trail but never catches up to him until the end

when he sees logan happy about to marry mariko and sucsessfully kills mariko

with absolute feral rage wolvine fights sabertooth and sucessfully impales his skull with his adamantium claws right through creeds skull and walks off leaving him for dead which obviously labotomizes him giving him memory loss and changes more bestial (in time?)

obviously this would mean wolvie needs another memory loss this could even be his own healing factor after going full feral added with the loss of his wife, obviously the macdonalds could have a cameothey find wolvie beast like and bring him back to sanity post credits

he never sees victors tranformation and at no point should he be refered to as sabertooth to tie in to x1

i know this dosnt fit continuity wise with the comics but with the films when have they ever?

Fox asked the site to take down the report.

I'm stoked. :up:
Huh, kind of weird as FOX themselves announced that the film will be based on the Claremont/Miller mini, so it's not like these are some top secret character announcements of the movie.

Well, except for that Zen part.

Last edited:
so, should the healing factor be de-emphasized? I think back when this story was originally done, Wolverine wasn't instantly-healing from MX-missile strikes and such... We'll see..

Silver Samurai=:awesome:

The Hand?!?!:wow:

Last edited:
Silver Samurai=:awesome:

:awesome::awesome::awesome:

The Hand?!?!:wow:

Let's hope so. If they're going to all the trouble to make a Wolverine in japan movie then they better not skip the obligatory 50-ninjas-attack-from-above-only-to-get-carved-up scene. Were they called The Hand in the Elektra movie?

Man, I'm kind of stupidly excited about this one. I hope it's set in the 80's.

This sounds awesome. I hope Fox doesn't mess it up. Really, really hoping. I'd love to see a Gambit or Deadpool cameo... But it probably wouldn't make sense for them to be in Japan that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"