The Wolverine Wolverine 2 Plot/Character Details

I do that they tone down the additions of characters that doesn't make a sense of having them, like the first one that was clearly a origin movie with all-star characters/cameos.

This sounds awesome. I hope Fox doesn't mess it up. Really, really hoping. I'd love to see a Gambit or Deadpool cameo... But it probably wouldn't make sense for them to be in Japan that much.

i doubt that will happen considering that the new film is a stand alone and wants to stray away from Origins

This sounds awesome. I hope Fox doesn't mess it up. Really, really hoping. I'd love to see a Gambit or Deadpool cameo... But it probably wouldn't make sense for them to be in Japan that much.
Useless cameos like that would just mess it up...

Fox will figure out a way to mess it up.

LOL. It is hard not to share this cynicism.

Still I think the writer, director, and storyline actually point to this being a good movie. We'll see...

I just realized that having "The Hand" appear in this film will confirm a long standing rumor from Poni Boy that Fox will be creating their own Marvel Cinematic Universe featuring X-Men, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four.

Again, as much as I hate Fox and what they've done since X2; I am intrigued by this film.

Last edited:

Still I think the writer, director, and storyline actually point to this being a good movie. We'll see...

I just realized that having "The Hand" appear in this film will confirm a long standing rumor from Poni Boy that Fox will be creating their own Marvel Cinematic Universe featuring X-Men, Daredevil, and Fantastic Four.

Again, as much as I hate Fox and what they've done since X2; I am intrigued by this film.

Agreed. I still think X2 is one of the best Marvel based films we've had so far but the only good Marvel films Fox has had are those first 2 X-movies. Everything else has been varying degrees of a pooch screw.

I know this is still Fox, and the last Wolverine was kind of a mess, but I'm liking the vibe I'm getting from comments that are coming out on this film. I'm betting this one is going to blow the balls off the last movie.

Last edited:

But isn't The Hand part of the Claremont/Miller comic on which The Wolverine screenplay is based?

However, it would make some sense for more connections to be made. For instance, for Mr Fantastic to be helping in the design of the X-Men's tech (X-jet, Cerebro, Danger Room).

The Fox comic book adaptations need more mapping out, rather than stumbling forwards. They should structure a proper 'saga' to make it feel like the Marvel world, or as linear and cohesive as LoTR or Harry Potter.

I do think, though, that the four X-films we've had so far do work well as a quadrilogy, despite all the discrepancies and differences. But they could have worked even better with some confident forward thinking and commitment.

But these are uncertain times with little risk. Even Nolan wasn't locked in for a Batman trilogy, it's all proceeded one at a time.

But isn't The Hand part of the Claremont/Miller comic on which The Wolverine screenplay is based?

Yes, but they wouldn't have been able to use The Hand unless they had the rights. Since they have Daredevil/Elektra they do have those rights. Thus they can create their own mini-Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Gambit and Yukio have a past connection as thieves that was documented in the comics. :) It wouldn't be unprecedented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"