Woman Tries to sell a Mummified Body on Ebay

Assassin

Detroit's Reckoning
Reaction score
PORT HURON, Mich. -- You can buy almost anything through eBay -- but a mummy?

Officials are trying to track down the origins of a mummified human skeleton that a Michigan woman tried to sell on the Internet auction site.

The St. Clair County medical examiner's office has confiscated the mummified remains from the home of Lynn Sterling.

Police said Sterling told them she got the remains from a friend who works in demolition and said he found them in a Detroit school he helped tear down nearly 30 years ago.

Police said Sterling likely won't face charges, though officials said the remains will be sent to an anthropologist for further examination.

The St. Clair County Medical Examiner described the remains as an intact skeleton with mummified tissue. He said age, sex and race could not yet be determined but said the remains appear to be those of a child.

Just when you think ppl can't surprise you anymore someone sells a dead body on Ebay...well it's not like anyone's ever sold a baby on Ebay before..wait...

Assassin said:
PORT HURON, Mich. -- You can buy almost anything through eBay -- but a mummy?

Officials are trying to track down the origins of a mummified human skeleton that a Michigan woman tried to sell on the Internet auction site.

The St. Clair County medical examiner's office has confiscated the mummified remains from the home of Lynn Sterling.

Police said Sterling told them she got the remains from a friend who works in demolition and said he found them in a Detroit school he helped tear down nearly 30 years ago.

Police said Sterling likely won't face charges, though officials said the remains will be sent to an anthropologist for further examination.

The St. Clair County Medical Examiner described the remains as an intact skeleton with mummified tissue. He said age, sex and race could not yet be determined but said the remains appear to be those of a child.

:dry:

I'm ashamed to call her a Michigan resident.

There is nothing wrong with this. Mummies sell on auctions all the time. She's just stupid for not having had the remains investigated before this. Maybe it is a museum specimen, maybe a murder victim. Either way someone should have figured that out a long time ago

Right. Clearly this was an undocumented mummy.

One that is a couple of thousand years old from Egypt is cool. One that is a few decades old from an unsolved murder on the East side, not so much so. :csad:

I guess it's to the pawn shop for me :csad:

I got a mummified cat's head and it looks WIcked, 'cause the skin pulled back so it's teeth are showing HARDcore, man, like it's the silent hiss of the cat-damned.

well i also read the story in the detroit free press, there was one bid before they took it down for $500, the guys ebay id was...Satans Child, and jag, these were the remains of a child lol

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I got a mummified cat's head and it looks WIcked, 'cause the skin pulled back so it's teeth are showing HARDcore, man, like it's the silent hiss of the cat-damned.

Pictures are now mandated.

Assassin said:
well i also read the story in the detroit free press, there was one bid before they took it down for $500, the guys ebay id was...Satans Child, and jag, these were the remains of a child lol

Then the person who bid on them was sicker than even I could have imagined! :cmad:

jag

Dude, how could you not want this on display in your dining room?
2icemaiden2.jpg

That'd make a nice Thanksgiving centerpiece. I'd put it next to the turkey, inbetween the sweet potatoes and the green bean casserole.

jag

jaguarr said:
That'd make a nice Thanksgiving centerpiece. I'd put it next to the turkey, inbetween the sweet potatoes and the green bean casserole.

jag

some one might mistake it for the turky and try to carve it. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"