Mummified Baby News?

Showtime

Your Friend In Time
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=5841
Police Find Family Heirloom Is Mummified Baby
Investigators To Study Mummified Baby Kept By N.H. Family

UPDATED: 11:38 am EDT April 24, 2006

CONCORD, N.H. -- A family heirloom is not going over well with police.

The mummified body of a baby kept by a Concord, N.H., family has drawn attention from investigators.

(Click here to see an image of the mummified baby. Warning: The image is graphic.)

The current keeper of the baby, Charles Peavey, said the tiny mummy has been passed down in his family for many years. Concord police recently got word of the remains and they took them in for testing. A forensic anthropologist will examine the tiny corpse.

Peavey said the mummy belonged to his great-great uncle, who was born in Ashland in 1850. The family estimated that the mummy is 90 years old.

It was discovered among the uncle's possessions in 1947 in Manchester, N.H. Police said the testing on the corpse could take a month or more.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/23/mummified.baby/index.html

DELRAY BEACH, Florida (CNN) -- The partially mummified body of a baby, wrapped in 1950s newspapers, was found Monday by a woman going through her deceased parents' belongings in a southeast Florida storage facility, according to police. "It was a baby boy, partially mummified," said Delray Beach police spokesman Jeff Messer. "The woman was pretty upset when she found it. You could make out the features pretty clearly." The child had hair, he said.

The body was in a small suitcase, which was placed inside a larger suitcase, said Messer, who viewed the remains. "It was spooky," Messer said. The baby was wrapped in a newspaper called The Daily Times, dated January 9, 1957, police said. Authorities are not sure where it was published, but were checking the New York and New Jersey area because the couple lived there before retiring in Florida. The body was "very well preserved. In my experience, I have not seen remains in that condition after such a long time," said Police Lt. Mark Woods.

The Palm Beach medical examiner's office was bringing in a forensic anthropologist to determine the baby's age and cause of death. The medical examiner previously declined comment. The storage bay had been rented since 1996, Messer said. The woman's father died in 2002 or 2003, and his wife died last year, he said. The couple lived in Delray Beach at one point. Woods said their belongings were stored in the warehouse after they moved to Florida in the middle to late 1980s.

The daughter was notified by the warehouse owner that rent on the storage bay was overdue and the contents would be sold at auction if the account was not brought up to date, police said. She flew from New Jersey to examine the contents of the storage bay and made the gruesome discovery. Police said the woman did not disturb the remains or remove the newspapers they were wrapped in.

The daughter, who told police she did not know of any stillbirths or abortions in the family, gave them permission to search the storage area without a warrant, Messer said. It was described as being about the size of a one-car garage and was filled with furniture and housewares.
Police are treating the warehouse as a crime scene.

:csad:

:csad:

toronto.ctv.ca said:
Mummified baby found in home to be given burial
An infant who died more than 80 years ago and was found underneath the attic floor of a Toronto home has been given a name -- Baby Kintyre. And soon, the child will have a proper burial.

Baby Kintyre is named after the street address of the home, where renovator Bob Kinghorn discovered the child's mummified remains last month.

The baby will be laid to rest under a new program by the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness.

The non-profit group said that every year about two babies are left unidentified at the Toronto morgue.

Kinghorn found Baby Kintyre as he was about to drill a hole through a ceiling joist for wiring. He noticed a bundle of newspaper in the attic floor of the home, but at first mistook it for insulation.

"I pushed on it, just trying to guess what was in the package before I opened it and I felt the bones," Kinghorn told reporters outside the home in July.

The infant was in a fetal position wrapped in a bundle of newsprint dated Sept. 12, 1925. The baby's toes were sticking out.

"It was disbelief, I didn't believe it. I thought it was a cat, dog, or something."

He said he began to cry when he realized what he had found, because the remains reminded him of his own 4-month-old child.

The case was investigated by the homicide squad, but an autopsy found so signs of foul play.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20070828/child_burial_070828/20070828?hub=TorontoHome

that's just hilarious....

look at it's bony arms and it's 'Lol' face...

:)

so what if ancient Egyptians could mummify way back when why can the family keep there mummified baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"