Wheelchair-Bound Woman Dies After Being Shocked With Taser 10 Times

That's stupid. Cops are human beings and it has been proven that they often abuse their power and the reason they became cops in the first place is because they're effed up psychologically. Stories of their corruption and/or ineptitude are beyond numerous.

No, that is a obsured. Where is this "proof". People become cops to protect their communities. Yes, there have been corrupt cops, but there also have been corrupt doctors, firefighter, and soilders. How come when anybody disses a US soilder people get upset, "They're protecting our freedom". Cops are protecting are freedom too. And soilder kill a lot more innocent civilians and with mush less accountability then cops. But of course the innocent civilians soilders kill are Iraqi or some other foreign citizen, so they don't count.

And why is discrimination against cops so accepted? If I when around saying, black people are just naturally criminals. They're lazy and don't want to work for anything. They'd rather steal or sell drugs. That wouldn't fly. But that is just as true as cops are corrupt and inept.

And trust me, I've heard personal stories of why people hate cops and they all have one thing in common, it was the story tellers fault. "I hate cops, they arrested me for drunk driving. I wasn't THAT drunk." "I hate cops, they arrested me for marijuana possession."

I've met some ******* cops before, but I've never met a corrupt cop.

That's stupid. Cops are human beings and it has been proven that they often abuse their power and the reason they became cops in the first place is because they're effed up psychologically. Stories of their corruption and/or ineptitude are beyond numerous.

:dry: :csad: :whatever:

What I'm saying is stupid is to ALWAYS side with the cop.
Since there are good cops and bad cops, you have to take it case by case.
Since we know there are many bad cops, if you ALWAYS side with them, then you are guaranteed to be in the wrong at some point.

What I'm saying is stupid is to ALWAYS side with the cop.
Since there are good cops and bad cops, you have to take it case by case.
Since we know there are many bad cops, if you ALWAYS side with them, then you are guaranteed to be in the wrong at some point.

:cwink:

I see what your saying. If I'm wrong about a certain case, I'll admit to it. It's just that, when cases like this hit the media, it seems the general public automatically assumes the cops were corrupt and had some vendetta. Even if the cop is found not guilty of wrong doing, some people will still insist the cops are evil and the court system is evil by protecting them. But really, people do this because they don't have all the facts.

The same cop tazered the lady in the wheel-chair NINE times, even though she'd already been disarmed. Seems pretty clear that he was in the wrong on this one.

jag

"She"...She tazered the lady in the wheelchair 9 times.

I see what your saying. If I'm wrong about a certain case, I'll admit to it. It's just that, when cases like this hit the media, it seems the general public automatically assumes the cops were corrupt and had some vendetta. Even if the cop is found not guilty of wrong doing, some people will still insist the cops are evil and the court system is evil by protecting them. But really, people do this because they don't have all the facts.
It seems that generalizing is your problem.
I've still, to this day, heard people say that Rodney King's beating was justified because he was on drugs and had a record.
I don't think "the general public" is automatically against the police.
What it is is, when you have this separate class of citizen, who has the authority to kill other citizens, and it often comes down to their word against someone else's, it's wise to have a natural suspicion because history tells us, it's undeniable, power often tends to corrupt those who have it. Sometimes the benefits of corruption are the very reason that people pursue power.

A criminal is automatically not accountable. They've shown that they have no respect for the law or the safety and well-being of others.
But when society gives such powers to the police, they ARE accountable, and have to be open to extra scrutiny to keep them that way...since they were given that power to uphold the law and to preserve safety and well-being.

The same cop tazered the lady in the wheel-chair NINE times, even though she'd already been disarmed. Seems pretty clear that he was in the wrong on this one.

jag

I didn't read anywhere that she was already disarmed. The cop very well could have been wrong, but I don't know because we don't have all the information. It's unfortunite, but it was an accident. But, until more information arrises, I'm going to have to assume that there was a reason to shock her nine times.

WHY do you have to assume that. You're no better than the people you say are automatically against the police, only in the opposite direction. :o
You yourself keep harping on the fact that you don't know all the facts, and yet you're assuming the cops are infallible and 100% virtuous and capable.

That's insane.

The New York cop that nearly killed that Haitian dude by repeatedly ramming a plunger handle up his ass.....I suppose you heard that story and just had assume that the cop had a very good reason to repeatedly ram a plunger handle up another man's ass....until, you heard all the details, right?

:o

WHY do you have to assume that. You're no better than the people you say are automatically against the police, only in the opposite direction. :o
You yourself keep harping on the fact that you don't know all the facts, and yet you're assuming the cops are infallible and 100% virtuous and capable.

That's insane.

The New York cop that nearly killed that Haitian dude by repeatedly ramming a plunger handle up his ass.....I suppose you heard that story and just had assume that the cop had a very good reason to repeatedly ram a plunger handle up another man's ass....until, you heard all the details, right?

edit

If I were the family, I would feel guilt even though they aren't responsible. They are the ones who called the police.

It seems that generalizing is your problem.
I've still, to this day, heard people say that Rodney King's beating was justified because he was on drugs and had a record.
I don't think "the general public" is automatically against the police.

Since I've been in high school, the majority of the people I meet do not like cops. Feelings range from general distrust to out right hatred. So when a story about a cop makes headlines, I've noticed peoples opinions automatically lean toward the cop was wrong. Even on this board, in the other taser story tread in which in my mind there is no question that the cops were justified, you have people still complaining about the corruption of cops.

What it is is, when you have this separate class of citizen, who has the authority to kill other citizens, and it often comes down to their word against someone else's, it's wise to have a natural suspicion because history tells us, it's undeniable, power often tends to corrupt those who have it. Sometimes the benefits of corruption are the very reason that people pursue power.

The way you worded that makes it sound like cops have the authority to pick people off for no reason. They have the authority to use deadly force to protect themselves and others. There, that sounds better. :yay:

People that want to become cops have to have a psychologial evaluations to make sure they are competant to use that authority responsibly. Unfortunately, some bad people fall through the cracks, but most people that want to become cops are doing it for honarable reasons. And a lot more good people because the pay isn't great and it's a thankless job.

A criminal is automatically not accountable. They've shown that they have no respect for the law or the safety and well-being of others.
But when society gives such powers to the police, they ARE accountable, and have to be open to extra scrutiny to keep them that way...since they were given that power to uphold the law and to preserve safety and well-being.

They are accountable. I think the reason most people hate and/or fear the cops is because of their ignorance of the criminal justice system. They think they know it, then when they get arrest, they're surprised and think it's the corrupt police's fault.

Jesus...:csad:

CFE

Since I've been in high school, the majority of the people I meet do not like cops. Feelings range from general distrust to out right hatred. So when a story about a cop makes headlines, I've noticed peoples opinions automatically lean toward the cop was wrong.
You know why?
Because a cop with a lot of integrity and dedication is not news. That should be the status quo. A cop who pulls someone over for driving erratically, tests them, finds out they're intoxicated, reads all the rights and does all the necessary paper work and arrests the drunk driver, is not news.
If a guy wielding a butter knife gets shot 41 times by 9 cops, that's news, because it looks extremely fishy.

The way you worded that makes it sound like cops have the authority to pick people off for no reason. They have the authority to use deadly force to protect themselves and others. There, that sounds better. :yay:
That includes the right to shoot someone dead. What I said is completely accurate. :huh:
But they can also use their inside knowledge of the system and special influence to falsely claim that someone was a danger and had to be shot even if they weren't.
That's the scary part and the reason they need to be held to extra scrutiny, always.

You're proving why right now.
If I say I was "forced" to tase a woman 9 times, people're gonna be all "Uh....:ninja:...hmmm..."

But if a COP says it, well, he's a COP, he must be telling the truth.
Cops have taken advantage of that "his word against mine" situation countless times. Known fact. Indisputable. They've been caught.

So "ALWAYS" assuming they are probably in the right is so wrong.
PLUS, if they are in the right, it'll come out with the details. No harm done.
It's a case of, if they have nothing to hide, then there's nothing to fear from scrutiny.

That's insane.

Now you're taking things too far. I never said the cops are infallible and 100% virtuous. On the contrary, I conceded that there are cops that are corrupt, just like any other occupation in the world. But they are the minority.

I automatically side with the cops because the cops know what they are doing. The general public doesn't in term of the law. Just like I would assume that the doctor is right, or a plumber is right. There are bad and incompetent doctors and plumbers in this world, but I don't assume everyone of them is.

In this particular case, as the very few facts were laid out, the cops were justified using the taser. It's unfortunite that the lady died, but I'm sure that wasn't the intention. They do have the right to protect themselves and the lady was swinging knives at them. THE question in this case is, was it excessive. Now I'm even more curious about this cases. It looks like it's over a year old, so I'm sure the verdict has come in.

Again, taking things too far. Yeah, that would be a bad cop. Exception to the rule though.

Well, I'm glad at least that we can strongly disagree and talk without catching feelings.
Talking is fun, I don't know why so many have to get all red-faced and insane about it.

Isn't tazing better than the other option? I'm on board with it. But I've never been tazed, bro.

You know why?
Because a cop with a lot of integrity and dedication is not news. That should be the status quo. A cop who pulls someone over for driving erratically, tests them, finds out they're intoxicated, reads all the rights and does all the necessary paper work and arrests the drunk driver, is not news.
If a guy wielding a butter knife gets shot 41 times by 9 cops, that's news, because it looks extremely fishy.

But that doesn't mean it wasn't justified. And a cop with a lot of integrity and dedication can easily be put in a situation where his actions come into question.

That includes the right to shoot someone dead. What I said is completely accurate. :huh:

Yes, if a cop is put in danger or putting someone else in danger, yet he can shot him dead. You're splitting hairs with what you quoted me.

But they can also use their inside knowledge of the system and special influence to falsely claim that someone was a danger and had to be shot even if they weren't.
That's the scary part and the reason they need to be held to extra scrutiny, always.

We don't live in a movie. Being a cop is actually pretty mundane.

You're proving why right now.
If I say I was "forced" to tase a woman 9 times, people're gonna be all "Uh....:ninja:...hmmm..."

But if a COP says it, well, he's a COP, he must be telling the truth.
Cops have taken advantage of that "his word against mine" situation countless times. Known fact. Indisputable. They've been caught.[/quote]

Yes, it's happend. Does it happen all the time, no.

So "ALWAYS" assuming they are probably in the right is so wrong.
PLUS, if they are in the right, it'll come out with the details. No harm done.
It's a case of, if they have nothing to hide, then there's nothing to fear from scrutiny.

Always assuming the cops are wrong is worse. And yes, if a cop is accused of wrong doing it does do harm. It harms the reputation of himself and the department he works for. And even if he's found not guilty, peoples general mindless hatred for cops isn't going change their prespective of him.

What do you do for a job?

I'm a concierge/security dude and that's not relevant to anything. :huh:
I'd feel the same if I was a 7/11 nightclerk or a ballerina.

Also, lol, you're talking to the wrong dude saying "we're not living in a movie."
Yeah, no s***!
I can name you so many stories here locally in Seattle where cops were caught doing "movie"-like stuff, just in the past few years.

A big one recently was a cop who threatened to kill his wife if she ever left him.
He was using his willing BUDDIES, on the force, to stalk his wife and actually go to her door making threats to intimidate her.

The guy finally ended up shooting her and then himself and all of his "buddies" were charged for the harrassment of the woman.
That was just in Gig Harbor.
The woman told her family, and the guy's supervisor, "He is going to kill me.", and he did, but the damn cops didn't do a thing about it and restraining order?!? LOL, it was his own BUDDIES that would have to enforce it, and guess what, that woman, as a matter of record, complained, and complained, and complained that he was dangerous and violating the order, and his BUDDIES would not enforce it.

It would take me too long to dig up all the stories, but trust me, there're plenty of abuses going on that sound like they're from "movies", in REAL LIFE.

Just a few weeks ago, front page on the Seattle Times, a big bust, cops who werecatching fellow cops driving (swerving) way above the legal limit and letting them go.

LOL, I think you're the one who has one foot too far into an idealized fantasy of the reality of Police work, because we know for a fact that they abuse their power, somewhere, every single day.
That's the norm.

LMFAO!!!!!

Family attorney Rick Alexander said Delafield's death could have been prevented and that there are four things that jump out at him about the case.

"One, she's in a wheelchair.
Irrelevant. People in wheelchairs are just as capable of harming someone as anyone else.
Two, she's schizophrenic.
This guy is an attorney..and he's trying to use this as an excuse why not to tase her?
Three, they're using a Taser on a person that's in a wheelchair,
Uhhh, that's just 1 and 2 again...did this guy get his state bar certification out of one of those claw grab games?
and then four is that they tasered her 10 times for a period of like two minutes," Alexander said.
This is the only legitimate argument. I'm curious for more detail as o why they felt they needed to tase her 10 times.

Hahaha

One shock went into her, killing her. The other nine went into the battery on her wheelchair. The officers in the house that attempted to halt the superchaged chair's progess were mowed down. One suffered a broken arm, two ribs, and a ruptured spleen. The other jumped out a window.

A hot pursuit ensured as the superchaged wheelchair sped on down the Interstate, causing at least seven pileups. Surprisngly, the woman's body was squeeky clean, with only a few bug splatters coating her glasses. A juevenile hippopotamus from a circus truck involved in the pileup halted the progress of the supercharged wheel chair.

:joker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"