Wonder Woman by Laeta Kalogridis: Answering script questions.

Gotham

Superhero
Reaction score
Hello.

You may remember my last thread on the HULK boards, y'know, the thread that literally spoiled the film? I'm back, but this time, I'm spoiling a film that will never exist:

Wonder Woman by Laeta Kalogridis.

Ask away about the script and I, hopefully, can answer. :ninja:

Go.

you have the script?

ok well who was the major villain going to be?

were giganta and/or cheetah in it? How about artemis?

Artemis does make an appearance.

So what was WW's setup after she left the island? 1940s or modern day? Military guise or civilian?

Gotham. Please describe the story in detail, providing something we have not already heard or could not easily guess at. In other words...details.

Does Wonder Woman kill?
How is she introduced to the outside world?
What is the villain's actual plot?
Any mention of Circe?
How would you describe Diana's character and the exploration of the themes surrounding it?

Gotham. Please describe the story in detail, providing something we have not already heard or could not easily guess at. In other words...details.

Does Wonder Woman kill?
How is she introduced to the outside world?
What is the villain's actual plot?
Any mention of Circe?
How would you describe Diana's character and the exploration of the themes surrounding it?

1. No.
2. She flies with Steven Trevor from the island she resides on.
3. At the start, he invades the main city and almost assasinates the princess, but he fails, and his main plot is to successfully capture and detain the city. (Greek names are damn hard to spell, but alas, I do not mind typing them up)
4. Diana is a fierce, strong woman and that's evident from a few scenes, but honestly, Laena (the writer), doesn't really give the screenplay a theme. There's no "bravery" or "honor" in the script and if there was, it would be a Wonder Woman film.

2. She flies with Steven Trevor from the island she resides on.

No, I mean how do they introduce her to the world? Is there a scene where she's all "Hey world, I'm Princess Diana, but you can call me Wonder Woman"?

3. At the start, he invades the main city and almost assasinates the princess, but he fails, and his main plot is to successfully capture and detain the city. (Greek names are damn hard to spell, but alas, I do not mind typing them up)

Why does he want control of Themyscira? Past reviews have mentioned a "key", how does that figure in?

4. Diana is a fierce, strong woman and that's evident from a few scenes, but honestly, Laena (the writer), doesn't really give the screenplay a theme.

Fierce and strong?

Compassionate? Fair? Sexy? Any of that?

There's no "bravery" or "honor" in the script and if there was, it would be a Wonder Woman film.

What do you mean when you say there's no bravery or honor? And what was your favorite part of the story?

And when were you going to post your FLASH script review?

No, I mean how do they introduce her to the world? Is there a scene where she's all "Hey world, I'm Princess Diana, but you can call me Wonder Woman"?

Oh. They never call her Wonder Woman in the screenplay and she is never introduced as such.

She shouldn't call herself Wonder Woman nor should she be referred to as such by the main characters, 'Wonder Woman' should only be a nick name given to her by the media and the general public, similar to Superman, other than that she should be referred to as Diana.

She shouldn't call herself Wonder Woman nor should she be referred to as such by the main characters, 'Wonder Woman' should only be a nick name given to her by the media and the general public, similar to Superman, other than that she should be referred to as Diana.
in a way i agree with this post.
i dont read comics but i would like this better for the general public

That definately works for a film version. Absolutely. :up:

i didnt mean that she should call herself that,but where there is no mention of the name at all, that i dont like

i didnt mean that she should call herself that,but where there is no mention of the name at all, that i dont like

Whilst I don't think it's 100% absolutely necessary that she has to be called Wonder Woman in a film adaption, I think the phrase would have to be mentioned at least once. :cwink:

Gotham, have you read IESB today?

Yes. They now have a screenplay review up. Hurm. Bad timing for me, then. Ah well, I'll stick to writing my Flash screenplay review. Sorry for wasting anyones time. Again, extremely sorry for wasting anyones time.

no Gotham, don't apologize man you're doing a kick ass job by giving us these spoilers and stuff and I appreciate it for one

Yes. They now have a screenplay review up. Hurm. Bad timing for me, then. Ah well, I'll stick to writing my Flash screenplay review. Sorry for wasting anyones time. Again, extremely sorry for wasting anyones time.
i was thinking you may have written that review.

why not write your own take? we'd always welcome another opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"