Worst costume of the MCU/Marvel movies?

I liked the frost giants in Thor 1.

I liked the collector's lair in GoTG and in the after the credits scene of Thor 2.

I like the stylish suits RDJ wears as Tony Stark.

I dislike the fact that the MCU has no interesting spaceship designs.

I liked the collector's lair in GoTG and in the after the credits scene of Thor 2.

Of course. :whatever: Personally (and I think I'm with the majority, here) I thought the Milano, Dark Aster, and Nova Starfighter were all great designs.

I wouldn't say that I ''hate'' any of the costumes, but my least favourite is Hawkeye's.

All-time worst: Spider-man, 3 Dev Adam.

Would 3 Dev Adam even count as a Marvel movie? While it does have Marvel characters in it, it wouldn't actually be an official Marvel movie because the creators either never heard of copyright laws or just gave the middle finger to those laws.

Of course. :whatever: Personally (and I think I'm with the majority, here) I thought the Milano, Dark Aster, and Nova Starfighter were all great designs.
Yeah those were all pretty great designs. I loved the little mining pods as well.

Yeah those were all pretty great designs. I loved the little mining pods as well.

Guardians was, from top to bottom, filled with incredible production design. The ships, the mining pods, Ronan's henchmen, The Nova corp, I could keep going.
Anyways, I think Ant-man's costume looks pretty incredible. The colors and the texture on the suit really do a lot for me.

Not big on Thanos' design in Guardians. I preferred his design in Avengers.

Goblin_(Full_Apperance).jpg

Such a letdown.

I thought the Milano and the other Ravager ships were cool. Very Jean "Moebius" Giraud inspired. In fact a lot of the design of GotG reminded me of the concept art for Jodorowsky's Dune. Glad to finally see it on screen.

tumblr_nhzjiaBdrp1tvemm6o1_1280.png

It was still a better idea than having the actor put on an animatronic prosthesis, and pretend its the character wearing a rubber mask.

I think they should have done his face similar to the LOTR Orc's. Why hide Willem Dafoe's face behind that Power Ranger mask?

Possibly worried about the potential plot hole of how he'd be skilled enough at makeup to do a professional-level face or why he'd even want to.

...Which is ironic because it's just as stupid to assume that he'd put fangs and a screaming face on the awful Power Rangers helmet.

As horribly as AMS2 botched the execution for the Green Goblin, I think they had the right idea in spirit. Just make the "costume" an exo-suit and then have him sprout fangs and green skin because of the serum. Just go all the way and use professional makeup and CGI instead of whatever the **** we got for Harry, where he just looked like a big booger.

Worst costume in the MCU? Well, I really never had a problem with any of them, but if I had to pick a "worst" it would probably be Cap's Avengers suit with the Cowl on.

Worst costume of any Marvel Movie? Juggernaut. Ridiculously bad.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say my least favourite is Steve Rogers' costume he wears for the bulk of Winter Soldier, resembling his 'The Captain' costume he wore in the comics for a while. I actually prefer the cowled Captain America costume he had in Avengers. Yes, there was something silly about both the cowl and the bright primary colours, but for me it added to the sense that these were comic book characters translated to the silver screen. That image posted of him earlier on in this thread is a very unflattering one, at any rate. He looks a lot better in the actual battle scenes.

The second one would be Hawkeye. I just have a thing for masks. While I'd have preferred to have seen the 616 mask or a variation thereof (and no, he doesn't need the loincloth), I'd have settled for the Ultimates mask with the goggles.

About X-Men and the whole leather thing, even though I disliked it when I first saw it, because I associated X-Men with using costumes that are very character-specific (even though a lot of them return to the old blue-and-yellow/gold scheme). But in retrospect I've grown to appreciate the choice of the film studio; I get that the whole idea at the time was that the black leather suits work better for a team that's involved in a lot of covert-ops type missions, and maybe garish yellow, red, and sky blue costumes would hurt them.
Also, before the X-Men movies, attempts at translating superheroes' looks to the big screen in a credible way had often failed, with the exception of Batman (who wears a costume that's very subdued in terms of colour) and Superman (who is so iconic that people will look past it). Most recent actual successes of superhero adaptations at that point were Batman and Blade, who were both wearing darker, more practical costumes. I could see this influencing the choice in costume for the X-Men movies.
Then later, the MCU comes along, and proves that staying a fair bit closer to the comic books in terms of visual design also works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"