Worst Marvel Studio's movie so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, of course, if the plot involves a character who is not who they seem, you should totally talk about their underlying nature in interviews. *rollseyes*

We all know there's a difference between not talking about an important plot point or even a twist and outright lying about a character.

If they want to mislead people in the trailers or even in the first half of the movie and then hit them with a big reveal, that's one thing...but to actively lie and say, "You're gonna see this, this, and this in our movie so get ready for it and this guy's backstory is this so that's where his motivations lie...." and then go, "HAAAAAAHAHAHA WE GOT YOU!!!! NONE OF THAT WAS TRUE AT ALL!!!! OH MAN...THAT WAS SO GOOD...ah.....whew......"

That coupled with Black's "I'm sick of hearing nerds complain about no space rings" leads me to believe he has at least some level of contempt for his audience which I think served the film badly.

Reasonable director: "That's just not the direction we wanted to take this character".

Shane Black: "Shut up about it already and just watch the movie I gave you!!"

Marvel Studios start out with lightning in a bottle with IM and gradually get worse with every movie they make. When I say worse I am talking relatively compared to Iron Man, which for me is in the top 4 best superhero movies ever made.

On some level I have enjoyed every Marvel movie I have watched but they are now too concerned with expanding their universe and less about simply telling a good story. Iron Man (for me) feels like a proper movie that is telling a good story about a characters who completely transforms over the course of the movie and then there is a after credits cut scene that has next to nothing to do with the movie and can be taken or left. Now every Marvel movie is preoccupied with the next Marvel movie, directors are given briefs with what to include from Whedon so it ties in with the Avengers movies instead of making the directors and writers do what made Iron Man so great, tell a good story.

I've been entertained, I wont lie but when I watch a superhero movie I want MORE, I want characters that effect me rather than simple popcorn, leave your brain at the door FLUFF.

Anyway my humble opinion of the best to worst Marvel movies (with what I look for in a movie);

Iron Man (by miles)
Thor
Avengers
Captain America
TIH
Thor: TDW
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

As I said it's all relative, I'd take any Marvel Studios movie over Green Lantern or Daredevil for example.
I agree. Captain America was the last Marvel movie that had a proper story, the third act ruined the film for me but still it made an honest effort. What i hate is not only they are not interested to tell good stories but they waste so much talent with minor roles and from superhero films they turn them to light family comedies with superheroes. It sucks but i will too take any marvel studios film over gl and dd.

I don't think any of them are bad, but i voted for the one I'd rate the lowest, Iron Man 2. That said, I'd still give IM2 about an 8/10, so its only the least good of a set of movies that I enjoy.

Iron Man 2. Don't hate it, but it's the one I liked the least. It felt more of an advertisement for Avengers than an Iron Man movie.

I went IM2, mainly because Thor TDW isn't on the list yet

Well I did the poll a few months before TDW came thinking it couldnt possibly be one of the worst.

I didnt see the point in doing another poll so soon after, will wait until next year.

I could close this thread and make a new thread for you, if you want. Honestly, once Cap 2 comes out GotG will be close. So I'd say it is either worth doing now or waiting until after GotG.

That being said, I think IM2 is still clearly the weak link, and I do feel poll results still would reflect that.

^Yeah you could do, I thought this thread was dead to be honest but when TDW came out some people wanted to vote for it, so you could make a new thread for them, although likr you I still see IM2 getting the most votes.

It is done amigos :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back