The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Worst Part of TASM 2?

Unlike majority of the people here, I actually thought the Peter X Gwen moments were awful and overdone. I got the "Nobody talks like that!" feeling when they were doing their will-they-won't-they routines. There were too many of those scenes and interrupted the flow of the whole movie.

And I like Dr Kafka (run away)

Unlike majority of the people here, I actually thought the Peter X Gwen moments were awful and overdone. I got the "Nobody talks like that!" feeling when they were doing their will-they-won't-they routines. There were too many of those scenes and interrupted the flow of the whole movie.

Agreed

There's a distinct difference between Harry being a hipster to a Hipster Green Goblin. And Dane said yes, Harry is a hipster; again, nothing wrong with that.

Have you ever met a hipster? There is plenty wrong with it.

Even villains can be hipsters. Shocking I know.

That's rather odd, as some of the moments weren't scripted. The directors just said "go" and they did...

Can I tell you something about that scene? We were in the middle of Union Square […] and this scene was being shot and Marc made a decision, and a very smart one, to allow Andrew and Emma to have the freedom to play with the scene. We were huddled around these little heaters in our protective tents and everything and all of a sudden you just forgot everything. There was a magical quality to what happened that night in that scene. It’s not a coincidence, I guess, that it shows up that way in the movie. There was something really incredible about these two actors, and that scene and what it meant in the movie. It was sort of spectacular.

If Peter can be a hipster, why shouldn't Harry get to?

It's irrelevant to their alter egos.

Hipsters are terrible human beings.

Man, you don't like anything don't ya? It's not just movies and stuff.

You wanna know what the worst part about this film is? The fact this film will spawn a third film, fouth film, Sinister Six spin off, and a Venom spin off EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T MAKE AS MUCH MONEY IN RETURN AS HELLBOY 2 OR WAS AS PRAISED AS HELLBOY 2 AND HELLBOY CAN'T EVEN GET A THIRD FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The script, editing, pacing, performances by the actors playing the villains, Electro/Max Dillon's theme music and the fact that instead of Peter Parker Andrew Garfield is still playing a James Dean/Edward Cullen type of selfish bratty character. Luckily it has been toned down in the sequel but it's still there enough for me to complain about it.

Graduation stage kiss
Lack of Iron Man at the end

What didn't you like about Gone, Gone Gone? I thought it had heart warming character.

And I still don't get the big deal against the graduation stage kiss.
At first viewing, GGG was weird...but after the second, I loved it. Got it on my phone. I know what Marc was aiming for with that.

I like the Philip Philips song but I thought playing it during that scene was very ill advised.

The way they ruined Norman Osborn. He's the greatest of all Spider-Man villains and one of the greatest comic book villains, period. Here he is sick, does nothing, has someone else perform his most important and memorable act, and dies. I have never seen such an iconic villain ruined so badly in a comic book film. Even Doom from the Fantastic Four films was better. At least he was still their arch-nemesis even if it was a really lame adaptation of him.

I'm not usually a sticker for accuracy for the comics, but there is a difference between a few changes and completely butchering a MAJOR character and his role in the story. Norman isn't some minor villain. He's on the Mount Rushmore of Marvel bad guys. Can you imagine if Christopher Nolan had used The Joker the same way Webb used Norman?

Everything but Emma Stone, the action scenes, Spidey's new suit, Garfield (for the most part), Sally Fields, and the fact they had a Kid Cudi song playing.

Everything besides what I mentioned was bad.

I agree with you guys.

It's easier to count what's good in the film.

Doctor Kafka. Hate that guy so much.

The horrible marketing and Dr. Kafka. The other flaws I could forgive due to how entertained I was in the theatre, though I know that's not the same for others.:csad:

The horrible marketing and Dr. Kafka. The other flaws I could forgive due to how entertained I was in the theatre, though I know that's not the same for others.:csad:

Welcome to the hype!

And yeah DR. Kafka was terrible.

Thanks, Airnick! Dr. Kafka was awful. What confounds me was that they didn't even give a bull science explanation as to how Max's powers work. When we have scenes like that, that's usually what happens, but not there:argh:. Jamie foxx was good in that scene, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"