Worzel Gummidge

Vaibow

Sidekick
Reaction score
The beloved classic BBC children's series, Worzel Gummidge, which ran from 1979 - 1981 before being picked up by Channel 4 in 1987 for two more series is making a comeback this Christmas with two 1 hour specials.

Originally a popular children's book by Barbara E Todd, Worzel Gummidge is the tale of a walking, talking scarecrow, living on Scatterbrook farm and tending to (when not enjoying cups of tea and slices o' cake) ten acre field.

The first image released has drawn mixed reviews - i personally wish they had given us some context to go along with what could be described as a behind the scenes picture, but the jury is still out.

Fans of Mackenzie Crook, who is directing and star will know he understands rural England with 'the detectorists' and is not a too shabby character actor with comedic elements - POTC to his credit.

Thoughts?

crook-gummidge.jpg

I remember my dad and I watching the original series starring Jon Pertwee (still my favourite Dr Who). My dad knew Jon Pertwee and actually worked with him on the stage-show version of Worzel. I like Crook. This'll be interesting to see.

I remember my dad and I watching the original series starring Jon Pertwee (still my favourite Dr Who). My dad knew Jon Pertwee and actually worked with him on the stage-show version of Worzel. I like Crook. This'll be interesting to see.

I have faith.. Pertwee was iconic and loved the character so much that he regarded it as his best work.. some episodes were amazing and displayed bafta worthy craftsmanship! The range of emotion was unrivalled for a child’s show!!
The only issue with this image - you slap on the doctor who logo and he could be a villain!! It just needed something to show us the heart the books and show in particular had!!

I have faith.. Pertwee was iconic and loved the character so much that he regarded it as his best work.. some episodes were amazing and displayed bafta worthy craftsmanship! The range of emotion was unrivalled for a child’s show!!
The only issue with this image - you slap on the doctor who logo and he could be a villain!! It just needed something to show us the heart the books and show in particular had!!
Haha, that is true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"