Top 25 worst tv shows ever?

Lazlo Panaflex

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-071024worst_tv,0,1040095.story?coll=chi-leisure-utl

"You're in the Picture" (1961). Jackie Gleason appeared in a prime time quiz show, but it was so bad the quiz format was dropped after one airing and it became instead a short-lived talk show. Even Gleason knew it was bad: "I've seen bombs in my day, but this one made the H-bomb look like a 2-inch salute."

"Petticoat Junction" (1963-'70). Some shows from that era hold up remarkably well -- either as sweet nostalgia or entertaining camp. Not this one, set in Hooterville.

"My Mother the Car" (1965-66). In it, Jerry Van Dyke's mother was reincarnated as a talking automobile, the voice supplied by Ann Sothern. Actually made it through one season.

"Turn-On" (1969). Illegitimate son of "Laugh-In." Lasted one episode.

"Ernest Angley Hour" (1973-present). Broadcast from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Angley's Southern rural lisp deliveries are syndicated worldwide. While he doesn't claim to be a faith healer, his trademark palm-of-the-hand to the forehead is accompanied by his high-pitched shout "Be heeeeaaaalllled!" as the healee drops to the floor, to be caught by an assistant.

"B.J. and the Bear" (1979-81). Comedy/adventure about an itinerant trucker who traveled the nation's highways with his pet chimpanzee.

"When Things Were Rotten" (1975). Created by Mel Brooks. Hoo boy. Lasted a half season. Brooks used the same Robin Hood theme in the 1993 movie "Men in Tights."

"Mr. T. and Tina" (1976). Starring Pat Morita (who also played Arnold on "Happy Days"). Canceled after five episodes.

"The Ropers" (1979-80). An entire show built around the landlords from the nearly as awful "Three's Company."

"Joanie Loves Chachi" (1982-83). Scott Baio's addition to "Happy Days" was a classic jump-the-shark moment; here the shark goes belly up and begins to smell.

"Mama's Family" (1983-90). The Vickie Lawrence skit was the weak link on "The Carol Burnett Show." So, naturally, it got a weekly half-hour.

"Manimal" (1983). NYU prof could change into any animal to help fight crimes. Show turned into a turkey.

"Mr. Belvedere" (1985-90). Starred Bob Uecker -- need we say more?

"Small Wonder" (1985-89): Robot scientist builds robot in the shape of a 10-year-old girl, then tries to hide her amid his family. Theme-song quote: "She's fantastic/Made of plastic."

"Life With Lucy" (1986). Lucille Ball's final, disastrous short-lived series. It lasted only a few months but still tarnished the TV icon's legacy.

"Beauty and the Beast" (1987-90). The pretty gal and ugly critter didn't just love each other; they solved crimes!

"Cop Rock" (1990). Steven Bochco, apparently bored with making legitimate cop series ("Hill Street Blues"), decided it would be fun to have cops sing, and it would be even more fun to have them performing legit, hard-core cop work while they did it.

"Pink Lady and Jeff" (1980): Quite possibly the most demented variety show of all time, this bizarre offering paired two Japanese pop singers who spoke almost no English with comedian Jeff Altman. Hilarity did not ensue.

"The 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage" (1991). A 17th Century pirate trans-whatevered to modern times has to save a life for every one he's taken. Which, come to think of it, is the same plot as "My Name Is Earl."

"The Jerry Springer Show" (1991 to present). His aim is low.

"Barney & Friends" (1992-present). Yes, some little kids love it. But parents helped compile this list, and it annoys the heck out of us.

"Homeboys from Outer Space" (1996-97). The name was a tip-off.

"The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer" (1998). A black British gentleman run out of England for cheating takes a job as a butler to Abraham Lincoln. And it was a comedy. And it made fun of slavery.

XFL (2001). NBC and Pro wrestling decide football isn't entertaining enough the way it is. They are wrong.

"Cavemen" (2007): We'll take this insurance commercial, see, only we'll make it 30 times as long! No, not the one with the lizard.

Aww, Mama's Family was kinda funny.

Weird to see Beauty and the Beast on there, from what I understand its pretty good.

Life with Lucy hardly tarnished Lucille Ball's legacy. It was forgotten about as quickly as it was on air.

I liked Mama's Family!

The real injustice here is the omission of Team Knight Rider from that list.

Mama's Family was great.:cmad:

And these people call 'Three's Company' awful? Kiss my ass.:o

the jerry springer show is so bad it's good.

Mr.Belvedere? Mama's Family? The list calls Three's Company bad! No credibility at all, this list has. :csad: And as painful as Barney is for adults to watch, its not meant for adults just as Jerry Springer has essentially become a satire of itself and is now intentionally bad.

Mr.Belvedere? Mama's Family? The list calls Three's Company bad! No credibility at all, this list has. :csad: And as painful as Barney is for adults to watch, its not meant for adults just as Jerry Springer has essentially become a satire of itself and is now intentionally bad.
In all fairness, I was in elementary school when Barney first aired, and I thought it sucked then.

Oh come on! Manimal was a good show, stories weren't great but was still entertaining for 80s era. The idea could do well in todays tv programming. It had the best transformation scenes of any tv show that ever had people turn into something else.

I honestly thought the XFL was pretty good, I never understood the hate towards it. The concept was silly, but I thought it was a bit more entertaining.

That's So Raven, for all its wacky camp, isn't that bad. I'd certainly rank it above Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

NOOOOO!!!! YOU MENTIONED SAVED BY THE BELL:THE NEW CLASS!!!! ARRRGHHH!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

Still, if we're talking about bad Saturday morning teen soap operas, let's not forget California Dreams.

I'd watch about half of the shows on the list before I would sit through American Idol or Survivor.

Bob Uecker is hilarious!

SCREW this list!

Never speak ill of the genius that is 'Manimal".

I liked "Mr. Belvedere" and "Small Wonder" when I was younger, never would call those shows bad.

I would agree with "The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer" and "The Ropers".

Someone told me there was a show called BJ and the bear, and I LOL thinking he was kidding.

I didn't think "Cavemen" was that bad.

HOW?! Just look at the commercials and you can see that its the most God awful thing that ever crashlanded on our planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"