Smallville Would a Smallville Movie Work?

Karelia

RN4L
Reaction score
With the DC streaming service getting ready to launch, do you guys think a Smallville movie (live action or animated) be something that would help boost the sales for it? Or is it too late? I see the Titans trailer reaction has been mixed, I'm not sure what else the DC streaming service will offer, but could this be something they could do down the road?

I think a Smallville movie would totally work, it would have to be a reboot though. I do have an idea for a trilogy where the 3rd film the villain is the Eradicator.

I think a Smallville movie would totally work, it would have to be a reboot though. I do have an idea for a trilogy where the 3rd film the villain is the Eradicator.

Reboot as in the actors? I feel like the cast is really what made Snallville special, especially Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum. But everyone really did a solid job.

With the DC streaming service getting ready to launch, do you guys think a Smallville movie (live action or animated) be something that would help boost the sales for it? Or is it too late? I see the Titans trailer reaction has been mixed, I'm not sure what else the DC streaming service will offer, but could this be something they could do down the road?

Reboot as in the actors? I feel like the cast is really what made Snallville special, especially Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum. But everyone really did a solid job.

With the original cast? So what, Clark etc all return to Smallville for some reason many years later (maybe drawn there by... something)?

Smallville just in name. Basically like the later seasons. They spent more time in Metropolis than Smallville after awhile. But hey, that could be cool to see them all show up to Smallville for whatever reason honestly.

I think this is something that would really boost the DC streaming service. It's been off the air long enough, nostalgia is a powerful thing. The show still has a solid fanbase.

Could they get all the actors to come back? I dont know. It seems like Rosenbaum wants to play Lex on film. I listened to his podcast with Welling and they said they were asked to reprise his role in Supergirl, but he didn't want to be a cameo. He said if Zack Snyder called him up to play Lex he would absolutely do it.

Smallville just in name. Basically like the later seasons. They spent more time in Metropolis than Smallville after awhile. But hey, that could be cool to see them all show up to Smallville for whatever reason honestly.

I think this is something that would really boost the DC streaming service. It's been off the air long enough, nostalgia is a powerful thing. The show still has a solid fanbase.

Could they get all the actors to come back? I dont know. It seems like Rosenbaum wants to play Lex on film. I listened to his podcast with Welling and they said they were asked to reprise his role in Supergirl, but he didn't want to be a cameo. He said if Zack Snyder called him up to play Lex he would absolutely do it.

I think you're right about the fanbase. It wasn't a show that I ever really got into but you only have to look online to see how popular it was/is. It would hinge then on would the actors do it? And if any of them didn't want to or weren't available would the fans accept the necessary recastings?

I think if you at least got Welling, Rosenbaum, and Durance for their roles, you're fine. If the whole movie revolved around them, that would be A okay with me.

It could if Welling decides to not be a baby and wear the suit for god's sake.

How's Welling looking these days? Does he keep himself in good shape, or are we talking a Nathan Fillion-type situation?

It use to bug me to no end that Welling never donned the suit. Now, tbh, I could care less if he wears it. I like portrayal of the character. He doesn't get enough credit. His performance in "Transference" is still amazing

I think Welling has gained a bit, as expected, but he still has that Superman look.

I think they could do a Smallville revival series. Those are all the rage now. Tom could work out a bit. Michael could wear a bald cap. The story kick-off could be Chloe's been killed. Or they could just recast and say she got plastic surgery for like witness protection or something.

I think they could do a Smallville revival series. Those are all the rage now. Tom could work out a bit. Michael could wear a bald cap. The story kick-off could be Chloe's been killed. Or they could just recast and say she got plastic surgery for like witness protection or something.

Oh yes, I was forgetting about... that! :(

That would be an interesting way to kick off the movie. Given the situation. Or just make a subtle nod that she's moved on to a different career path that's not in Metropolis.

As I said earlier, it wasn't a show that I ever really got into, but as I understand it towards the end it included a Justice League of sorts. Would you be looking to revisit that aspect as well?

I doubt that Welling is willing to wear that Superman costume again. Besides I think Welling and Rosenbaum moved on from Smallville. Personally I would like to see a movie and actually see Clark be the superman that we all love.

In a recent con that Rosenbaum and Welling talked about doing a cartoon. Rosenbaum seemed particularly excited at the idea that he wouldn't have to shave his head.lol

I think an animated movie is more likely to happen. As much as I would rather see a live action, I think Welling wouldn't want to wear the suit. But maybe now he would be more willing to as time has passed. Tbh, I wouldn't care if he didn't, but not sure how you can explain why he's not wearing the suit.

I could see a Smallville animated movie doing very well.

I doubt that Welling is willing to wear that Superman costume again. Besides I think Welling and Rosenbaum moved on from Smallville. Personally I would like to see a movie and actually see Clark be the superman that we all love.

He never actually wore a Superman costume though. It was CGI from a distance or he just had a Superman T-shirt under his suit. It's not like we ever really saw him properly in the suit despite waiting 10 years for it.

How's Welling looking these days? Does he keep himself in good shape, or are we talking a Nathan Fillion-type situation?

More like Fillion. He's put on some weight.

A Smallville animated series is not a bad idea. Tom won't have to wear the Superman costume and Michael won't have to be bald. A win-win situation.

A Smallville animated series is not a bad idea. Tom won't have to wear the Superman costume and Michael won't have to be bald. A win-win situation.

Anytime a Smallville reunion is brought up, they both seem to lean towards doing an animated series over live action. I think someone asked them that at the Awesome Con panel. Micheal said he would be down for an animated Smallville and Welling agreed.

Of course they would go for an animated Smallville than live action so that Tom wouldn’t have to worry about wearing the suit or Michael shaving his head.

Smallville animated series would be pretty awesome I would like to see that!

I'm guessing most here have seen the tweet/photo of Stephen Amell (Arrow) sitting at a table with Michael Rosenbaum and Tom Welling. Saying he was pretty excited for the collaboration. Yes, it's most likely for his Wine company... but he left it slightly ambiguous, maybe to troll... but still... theres some hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"