Would anyone like to see a Micronauts movie?

mrdeeds

Civilian
Reaction score
The Micronauts were one of my favorite comic books and toys of the 80's. I think it would be perfect for a movie or even an animated series. My favorite character was Bug of Kaliklak.

back5.jpg

WSJ Nov. 6, 2009:
The Cry Goes Out in Hollywood: 'Get Me Mr. Potato Head's Agent!'
LAUREN A.E. SCHUKER said:
John Fogelman represents the likes of Courteney Cox, Whoopi Goldberg and director J.J. Abrams for talent agency William Morris Endeavor Entertainment LLC. But lately, his hottest stars have been toys such as G.I. Joe and Candy Land from his client Hasbro Inc.

J.J. Abrams, who created the TV show "Lost" and directed this summer's "Star Trek" film, is in discussions to produce a movie about Japanese toy line Micronauts, which Hasbro just acquired.

Mr. Fogelman says he, along with Hasbro CEO Mr. Goldner, makes sure to lock up the rights to the company's brands before letting studios in on the deal. "We protect the [intellectual property] as if it's the most precious metal on the planet," he says. "The studios -- they don't even get the rights to the script until the day we start principal photography. I can tell you, that's never been done before!"

People familiar with the matter say he has brokered deals for Hasbro that include "saw teeth," special provisions worked into a contract to protect the client. For example, studios must greenlight a movie within a number of weeks of acquiring it, or pay a $5 million kill fee directly back to Hasbro. "We wanted to be in the business of making movies, not deals," says Hasbro's Mr. Goldner. Mr. Fogelman declined to elaborate.

TNI 2009.11.05:
Hasbro Brings Micronauts Back
Jay Cochran said:
During Hasbro's 2009 Fall Investor Day Event held today at their headquarters in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, they announced the re-introduction of the classic toy line Micronauts originally created by Japan company Takara in 1974 under the name Microman and later launched in the United States in 1976 and backed by a Marvel Comics comic book series in 1979. As many know, Takara is the same company that originally invented the Transformers line and continues to work with Hasbro today. No specifics were given by Hasbro's Brian Chapman (VP if Hasbro's Global Designs) about what we can expect from the Micronauts brand other than that we can expect Hasbro to revise, reinvent and re-ignite the brand so it is exciting for fans old and new alike. There also was some indication that a television series and/or major motion picture could be in the works for this brand.

Deadline October 23, 2015:
Tom Wheeler Set To Script Live-Action ‘Dora The Explorer’ & ‘Micronauts’ At Paramount
Mike Fleming Jr said:
At the same time, he’s also been set to write the next draft of Micronauts, a live-action version of the Hasbro science fiction toy line that Paramount and Bad Robot have been working on for some years. Wheeler, repped by WME and Sloan, Offer, has been working with Paramount Animation, and he scripted Vostok, a pitch Paramount bought for Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes.

Akiva Goldsman ‘Transformers’ Writers Room Leads Paramount & Hasbro To Set One For ‘G.I. Joe,’ ‘Micronauts’
Mike Fleming Jr said:
EXCLUSIVE: After their Akiva Goldsman-led Writers Room experiment led to at least three movie ideas to extend Transformers, Hasbro and Paramount have set Goldsman to supervise a Writers Room for their G.I. Joe movie series. And they will go the same route with Goldsman to draft ideas for the Hasbro property Micronauts, with Goldsman supervising that as well. This change of duties means Goldsman will supervise but won’t write the next Transformers installment. Paramount is now negotiating with Writers Room participants Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man) and Black Hawk Downscribe Ken Nolan to write the script together. That course change was cemented by Paramount, Hasbro, Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Don Murphy.

The Writers Room experiment was hatched as a way to inject the collaborative exchange of ideas that happen in the development of TV shows to flesh out theTransformers universe and create a steady flow of product after Transformers: Dark of the Moon grossed $1.12 billion. Among those who took part were Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer, Barrer & Ferrari, Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead), Zak Penn, Jeff Pinkner, Steven DeKnight (Spartacus creator and Daredevilshowrunner), and Geneva Robertson-Dworet.

Too bad the movie will probably not be based on the Marvel version of the property, although James Gunn did mention Marvel Studios didn't have the rights to use Bug on film, which might be related.

Too bad the movie will probably not be based on the Marvel version of the property, although James Gunn did mention Marvel Studios didn't have the rights to use Bug on film, which might be related.

Yeah, I'd like Marvel to get the rights back to Micronauts and Rom. The latter would be a dope addition to the MCU.

I just can't see them being able to pull that off, but I welcome being wrong.

Now look, I like Visionaries, but that show wasn't even all that popular. It didn't even last more than a season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"