Wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to.Until the wwe thing.I kinda fazed out after that.I miss the ol days when wwf used to kick wcw's ass every week.Having the two company's inspired a lot of creativity.When they merged, a lot of that went away.Then the name changed.Not the same for me.

I totally agree. I remember a time where I would rush home from work just so that I wouldn't miss RAW. Now I think that there is too much talent for them to use and the creative writing is pretty boring (and it kinda sucks now). I don't think that they can ever bring back the excitement of an "Austin vs. McMahon" , the invasion of the Outsiders into the WCW, the original NWO, Goldberg's undefeated streak, and even Degeneration X. Even the pay-per-views are starting to suck. I was a die-hard wrestling fan but unless they could get somthing going with the creative aspect, then I don't think that wrestling will ever have the same appeal it used to have.

I used to watch it all the time, now I just watch it occasionally. I watch it for Chris Benoit, Eddie Guererro, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle.

I watch NWA: Total Nonstop Action every Wednsday on PPV. 7pm Central Time, and it's only ten bucks for two hours of quality wrestling, not the crap the WWE gives week in and week out, and the charges 35 bucks for two hours of crap.

For 35 bucks you can get a whole month (eight hours) of NWA:TNA.

I really like the NWA:TNA too, I'll watch it before the WWE. The WWE actually has some real talent too, but Jim Ross is such a wuss that he's afraid for the wrestlers really cut loose. The NWA women wrestlers are even pretty good. The X Division runs circles around anything in the WWE's Cruiserweight division.

i wish they'd put a allwomens wrestling show on the air ecept for the hurrican i just watch raw foe the womens matches

david maclaine creator of glow had a womens wrestling sho called WOW [women of wrestling} a couple of years ago, unfortunatly it only lasted one season to my knowledge

Wrestling as a whole has really gone down the drain. A big part of the problem is that there's no more competition between big companies because there's only one. Another is that they've exausted their stories and gimmics, and the matches are about all the same now. Little excitement, and you're lucky if it actually ends. I haven't watched it in years now. Really started losing interest when Bret Hart quit. Turns out I was never really a wrestling fan, just a Hitman fan.

I loved wrestling while growing up as a kid, it was SO cool in the 80's and the early 90's when the story's and the characters were so much cooler than the ones these days. Now wrestling is just silly, they make the stories too real where it doesn't make sense to care for it. Back in the 80's and 90's, the stories were actually far-fetched, which made it more interesting.

about the father daughter match, not that i'd mind seeing stephanie give vince the wince a well deserved boot in the "macmahonhood" but all in all i'd rather see her duke it out in some matches with torrie wilson what do you think

i tried to read the raw report yesterday, but all they had was video clips whats going on?

i used to be a major major wrestling fan but since vince is lwrestling now he just can't be arsed watching it anymore

Originally posted by mg_productions
I used to.Until the wwe thing.I kinda fazed out after that.I miss the ol days when wwf used to kick wcw's ass every week.Having the two company's inspired a lot of creativity.When they merged, a lot of that went away.Then the name changed.Not the same for me.
i thought the name change was due to a british courts ruling that the world wildlife fund had prior rights to the initials wwf as a trademark?:hyper:

Oh yeah it was.I knew that.But that happened about the same time the companies merged which led to something missing for me.
At first seeing the characters intermingle was admittedly,kind of cool.And for about a 2 weeks I was relishing in the victory of the superior wwf over the sorry ass wcw.But as more time went on,I began to see the wwf drop in quality.Then the wwe thing happened.And more of the less popular wcw characters came in.They even had that dumbass tanned referee with the blonde hair.For some reason I hated him.
Some rich bastard needs to start another company like Turner did and get this industry up again.That's why it peaked when it did.Vinnie Mac had to start from scratch and create new characters.It needs to,flush the toilet if you will.heh heh.

Originally posted by mg_productions
Oh yeah it was.I knew that.But that happened about the same time the companies merged which led to something missing for me.
At first seeing the characters intermingle was admittedly,kind of cool.And for about a 2 weeks I was relishing in the victory of the superior wwf over the sorry ass wcw.But as more time went on,I began to see the wwf drop in quality.Then the wwe thing happened.And more of the less popular wcw characters came in.They even had that dumbass tanned referee with the blonde hair.For some reason I hated him.
Some rich bastard needs to start another company like Turner did and get this industry up again.That's why it peaked when it did.Vinnie Mac had to start from scratch and create new characters.It needs to,flush the toilet if you will.heh heh.
Yeah. Definately agree with ya there. WWE has just gotten lazy. What I really want back is ECW. To me they were always the best out there. I want to see Tommy Dreamer and Raven actually wrestle again damnit.

I'll never forget the hulk Hogan / Zuess 'storyline' back in 89/90 .

i wonder why this new nwa-tna isn't on basic cable it might give the wwe some competition?

I'm surprised a network hasn't picked it up yet either. They definitely have a good sized fanbase, and having the Wendsday shows on cable would better wrestling as a whole.
Hell, most of the WWF wrestlers are pulling for it to make it big, so that there's an alternative.
NWA already has some good talent like Styles, Lynn, Jarrett, and Sting (my fav :D). Now they just need to make it to Primetime.

i wouldn't mind seeing an all divas episode of wwe heat or raw what do you think?

I caught a glimpse of a match the other day, what the hell happened to kane. No mask, AND he's bald. Did the orginal Kane quit or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"