Sequels Writting Thread: SCENES for FC Sequel

INT. TOYNBEE/DANE Apartment - night
We see Mortimer sat by the window drinking a budwieser whilst Polaris enters the appartment with a slight smile on her face (seen prior to this was Polaris at the Xavier instatue where she and havok playfully talked)

MORTIMER
So you finally decide to come home then?

LORNA
Mort... I

MORTIMER
Save it Lorna, i've seen the way you act around Summers, the pretty boy mutant school. Who would want a greasy looking mutant like me anyway.

LORNA
Mortimer, its not like you think. They know alot about my father. You know i've been searching my whole life for him. Please dont ask me to choose.

MORTIMER
You already chose along time ago. I've seen the way you look at me. My mutation, what it has done to me. Turned me into, but we stuck together. I thought there was hope. Until this school came about.

LORNA
The school can help us.

MORTIMER
Help you, not us.... Go!

LORNA
What?

MORTIMER
You have been lost for years. This is the first time ive ever seen you look so happy, so found. Go...

LORNA
Come with me

MORTIMER
I cant, i just... cant!

LORNA
So is this goodbye

Mortimer nods puts his bottle of beer down and walks off. The camera then zooms to see see Lorna looking towards the coffee table where the xavier instatue leaflet.

niiiiiiiiiice scene.

There's some drama behind it, I like it.

And I love imagining Lorna in Second Class....

a scene like that with some little changes here and there would make a good character scene for the sequel.

I want to write something...

but I need time to think about it... I should care about some things in my proffesional life right now...

but hope to post something this year, lol

You should totally do it, even if its just a quick short one, but you totally should do it, you started the thread :yay:

INT. TOYNBEE/DANE Apartment - night
We see Mortimer sat by the window drinking a budwieser whilst Polaris enters the appartment with a slight smile on her face (seen prior to this was Polaris at the Xavier instatue where she and havok playfully talked)

MORTIMER
So you finally decide to come home then?

LORNA
Mort... I

MORTIMER
Save it Lorna, i've seen the way you act around Summers, the pretty boy mutant school. Who would want a greasy looking mutant like me anyway.

LORNA
Mortimer, its not like you think. They know alot about my father. You know i've been searching my whole life for him. Please dont ask me to choose.

MORTIMER
You already chose along time ago. I've seen the way you look at me. My mutation, what it has done to me. Turned me into, but we stuck together. I thought there was hope. Until this school came about.

LORNA
The school can help us.

MORTIMER
Help you, not us.... Go!

LORNA
What?

MORTIMER
You have been lost for years. This is the first time ive ever seen you look so happy, so found. Go...

LORNA
Come with me

MORTIMER
I cant, i just... cant!

LORNA
So is this goodbye

Mortimer nods puts his bottle of beer down and walks off. The camera then zooms to see see Lorna looking towards the coffee table where the xavier instatue leaflet.

As much as I wouldn't enjoy seeing Polaris in the sequel, this was pretty cool.

SCENE: OXFORD UNIVERSITY 1959
A young Charles Xavier arrives for his first day of university to meet his new tutor, renound scientists Dr.Nathaniel Essex. As he enters his office he is slightly surprised to see a youthful looking professor looking at samples of blood in a microscope.

CHARLES
Erh... i can come back

DR.ESSEX
Come in, come in... you must be charles xavier. I have heard alot about you, A++ student in every catergory you've ever studied. I find that curious!

CHARLES
Well, i dont like to brag!

DR.ESSEX
Why not? you have a superior gift. It's like raising a glass to your achievement towards the human race.

Dr.Essex looks round to a very confused looking Charles Xavier

DR.ESSEX
Sorry, i kind of get carried away sometimes. When you spend most of your life researching evolution and mutation you kind of get really excited over the smallest achievements the human race have made.

Charles looks round the room to see really old pictures which feature a man that looks closely related to Dr.Essex.

CHARLES
Wow, is this your father?

DR.ESSEX
During a trip to Egypt. Claimed he saw 200 year old man. Well i say 200 years old, the locals kind of believed he had been around for centures. He found stuff like that interesting back then. all in the name of science...

CHARLES
So you followed in your fathers footsteps?

DR.ESSEX
Something like that... Anyway, i hear your interested in mutation!

CHARLES
In human's! sorry for the excitement in my tone. But i believe humanity is getting ready to move forward and i want to be at the forfront of that research.

DR.ESSEX
Interesting... normally students wants to try and figure out the age old question of where we came from, not where we are headed. I too believe humans are getting ready for the next stage of evolution. See Mutation is the key to evolution, It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant speices and i dont think we have stopped there.

Suddenly they are inturrepted by Raven who is looking for Charles...

CHARLES
Im sorry i have to go,

DR.ESSEX
It's been a pleasure Charles Xavier. It looks like its going to be an interesting couple of years.

niiiice one too!

but did you really want it to be 1059?....

it would be nice to see younger Charles again.

I think the key to this franchise is history.

each sequel should unlock a bit more of the past of the two characters that are main focus.

this scene would fit that. great job velvet

with history I thought you was meaning real events from our history.

I think that should be a strong point in the next sequels.

Its one of the things critics and fans loved about the prequel, so they should continue with that route, I think.

with more development of all the characters, of course, both Charles and Eric, and the rest of characters, the x-men, Mystique, Emma...

INT - XAVIER'S OFFICE - DAY
Charles Xavier looks outside the window of his office, the reflection of the window shows Magneto and Emma Frost entering the room, Charles doesn't turn around to face them.

CHARLES XAVIER​
Magic bullet, that’s what the papers are calling it…although as far as I recall, the trick ended differently.​

MAGNETO​
Hello Charles.​

CHARLES XAVIER​
Why did you bring her?​

MAGNETO​
I just want to have a conversation without you meddling with my mind. That’s all.​

CHARLES XAVIER​
You’re scared of a cripple Erik? That must be a new fun feeling.​

EXT.PARK...
Close up of charles eyes

cut to

close up of erik's eyes

cut to

close up of charles eyes

cut to

close up of eriks eyes

ERIK!
"A1"

CHARLES
"Ahhhh you sunk my battleship!"

LOL!!!

that's a funny one, hahahaha

INT - Summers House's Living Room (DAY)
In a scene reminiscent to Jean's recruiting in "X3", Emma Frost and Lorna Dane enter the house and are greeted by Scott Summer's adoptive parents.

JOHN

"Academy of Tommorrow"?​

JANE

Sounds exciting.​

Scott is overhearing in a room nearby.

JOHN

Does he have to dye his hair green to get into this school?​

LORNA DANE

I don't think it would hurt his chances.​

EMMA FROST

But you see, what's great about our Academy it's that we encourage our students to embrace their identities and differences, Lorna here for example does not stand out in our school because of the way she looks, she stands out for her competence and her skills. Scott's eyesight problems wouldn't stand in the way of his true potential in our school.​

Scott takes a peek of the women in his living room. Lorna looks directly at him, and her eyes turn to yellow for a split second revealing Lorna Dane to actually be Mystique.

JANE

Look, I appreciate you coming here to our house to explain this great opportunity for us and Scott, but I don't think it's a good idea for our family to send him to a boarding school, we spend so little time together with our work schedules as it is and...​

EMMA FROST

Mrs Summers, let me stop you right there, you will find out very soon that not only have I got little patience in these types of situations, but also that I can be rather persuasive when pushed...​

Mystique nervously tries to look away.

EXT - Summers' Residence (DAY)
The Summers' happily say their goodbyes to their son, as Emma and Mystique scort him outside the house.

nice concept.

Interesting to see Mystique working with Emma, and young Scott hearing the conversation with his parents and watching those incredible women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"