X-Men (if Marvel had the rights)

T"Challa;28811545 said:
Lol..this might be one of the most uppity posts I've seen on this forum.

Try the DC boards. This is mere flank steak compared with the filet mignon of vanity you'll find there.

90s? I don't even think he was in films back then. Dude has alot of range. Smoken Aces, Buried, Adventure Land, Amityville, Blade Trinity, Chaos Theory, The Nines, Just Friends and Safe House are all different characters. He was more type cast in the early 00s. With college comedies and Rom coms.

i could say Nicholas Cage has a lengthy resume and "range" from his career movie list as well, but i dont prefer him in any more Ghost Rider, Marvel films, .. or superhero films period. He just doesn't bring anything special
to any superhero flick. But he has a big name/big face and for whatever reason, studios seem fit to place him.

'm looking for the guys that bring that special face and persona
the mix, not just a chick-flick hunk of a big name. i saw Reynolds personal performance as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, and i thought he was just another guy as Wilson in the Wolverine Origins, ....Hannibal King ? same thing. there was nothing that several upon several others could not do.
That's why i'm concerned about Tatum being announced as Gambit. i think he was brought on for the role because of his appeal to the female hunk fans but i have doubts that he will deliver the pure acting role of Gambit. i could be wrong- and hope i'm wrong.

Robert Downey Jr., Tobey McGuire , ..i thought they brought a persona to their respective roles, Downey made his role as Stark even more interesting than the Iron man armor itself. that was special.

RDJ did excellent as Stark in Iron Man, since then though I just see him playing himself more than the character.

Last edited:
RDJ did excellent as Stark in Iron Man, since the though I just see him playing himself more than the character.

At least we get more RDJ, which we could not say about him 15 years ago. He's always been a very talented actor, even in the 80's. Now we get to see that talent for decades to come.

He's come a long way on the last 14-15 years. His story should be a story that all other actors with issues like Lindsay Lohan should follow.

I like both Chicken and Steak, Steak is just less often and thus a little more special for me.

This is a perfect analogy.

Also I'd take Hugh Jackman over RDJ any day of the week for many reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"